Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shane Hall ESPN 4 Star
Ah, thought you were joshin'.

Panther Thunder Wrote:I am not trying to "troll". When you start bringing race in as a factor in terms of performance and likelihood of success at a certain activity, then you are walking a very dangerous line.

Oh..? Who's doing this?
mullinstiger55 Wrote:Shane Hall IS NOT a 4 star. He can dunk. thats it. Like Kosongo. Of course he can stick out around here cause there isnt much talent. Anyone his size can form a shot and be called a 4 star. He WILL NOT go D1, he will get posterized because his skin and bones against those black guys speed and muscle will send him right back to UPike like it did Landon Slone

mullinstiger55 Wrote:What did I say? The kid can dunk. That's it. The whole video was dunks that no one contested, along with a couple of put backs. UH OH HE HAS AN IFFENSIVE BOARD. TYLER HANSBOROUGH IN THE MAKING. He is not going to UK. if he goes you can throw my own computer at me. He's too slow, weak, and white.

Diogenes Wrote:He can handle it pretty well for a big guy. He shoots it pretty well. He has two years to put on weight. The "black guy" at East Ridge did not "dominate" him. He GOT dominated by him. UK just signed a player in Derek Willis who is basically a year older version of Shane Hall (and if you watch HIS highlights, he also looks slow, weak, and white). He might not go to UK, but he will have an offer to go at least mid-major D-1 if he so chooses.

vundy33 Wrote:Ah, thought you were joshin'.

Oh..? Who's doing this?
Look above
Ok man, gracias. I took care of it.
Now, back to the post I've been trying to post for about 2 hours now...haha.

PF Shane Hall is listed as 6'8", 185 lbs. That's wrong, lol. He's at least 6'9, maybe 6'10", and definitely around 200 lbs.

Justin Johnson is listed as a PF on ESPN, and he's ranked the 27th PF in the ESPN's Top 50 Power Forward rankings. I don't thinkhe's a PF, AT ALL, and he needs to move down to the 3.

I think by Hall's senior year, he'll be 6'9/10", 215/225 lbs and be in the top 35 of the ESPNU 100 rankings.
vundy33 Wrote:Now, back to the post I've been trying to post for about 2 hours now...haha.

PF Shane Hall is listed as 6'8", 185 lbs. That's wrong, lol. He's at least 6'9, maybe 6'10", and definitely around 200 lbs.

Justin Johnson is listed as a PF on ESPN, and he's ranked the 27th PF in the ESPN's Top 50 Power Forward rankings. I don't thinkhe's a PF, AT ALL, and he needs to move down to the 3.

I think by Hall's senior year, he'll be 6'9/10", 215/225 lbs and be in the top 35 of the ESPNU 100 rankings.

Agreed with everything said here. Hall's potential is through the roof. His height, wingspan, and underrated athleticism and agility are going to really impress college scouts. Oh, and the guy can handle the ball well for a big man in the open court.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Shane Hall will be a Wiltjer style player in college. He is ust not strong enough to bang in the paint that is why Johnson Dominates him every time they play. If Johnson grows two or three more inches then he will be big time. If hall can get some muscle on him, and develop a attitude of liking contact then he will be big time. \

I am a JCHS fan and a Shane Hall fan but comparing him to Wiltjer is not fair to him. Wiltjer is one of the most skilled basketball players to come alone since Larry Bird. My cousin who has saw him (Wiltjer) many times up close says he is the kind of shooter that can real off 35 or 40 ( 3 pointers) in a row from a spot. IMO Shane Hall is a D-1 player maybe even has a shot at UK but you will never see a D-1 Coach have Hall pick and roll OUT behind the 3-point line the way Cal has used Wiltjer.
I wish then young man the best of luck

I totally agree..
First Meeting= Johnson Central- 54 Sheldon Clark- 46
Shane Hall 9 points on 3 of 11 shooting (27.3%). 14 rebounds.
Justin Johnson 16 points on 7 of 11 shooting (63.6%) and 26 rebounds.

Second Meeting= Johnson Central- 33 Sheldon Clark- 31
Shane Hall 7 points on 2 of 10 shooting (20%) and 8 rebounds.
Justin Johnson 8 points on 2 of 9 shooting (22.2%) and 11 rebounds.

Third Meeting= Sheldon Clark- 59 Johnson Central- 48
Justin Johnson 19 points on 5 of 11 shooting (45.5%) and 9 rebounds.
Shane Hall 8 points on 3 of 7 shooting (42.9%) and 5 rebounds.

Final Meeting- Sheldon Clark- 65 Johnson Central- 51
Justin Johnson 16 points on 6 of 9 shooting and 16 rebounds.
Shane Hall 8 points on 3 of 7 shooting and 5 rebounds.

Let the stats do the talking.....
JC and Hall at Rupp. Sheldon Clark and Johnson at the house.:biglmao:
In the third meeting Hall had 16 pt on 8/14 shooting, 13 rebs and 5 blocks.
Hall did not guard Johnson in any of these games and SC played zone to double team Hall. Johnson had the benefit of some really good outside shooters that opened up the inside. Both are very good players and both team won 2 games each.
fairweatherfan Wrote:In the third meeting Hall had 16 pt on 8/14 shooting, 13 rebs and 5 blocks.
Hall did not guard Johnson in any of these games and SC played zone to double team Hall. Johnson had the benefit of some really good outside shooters that opened up the inside. Both are very good players and both team won 2 games each.

Good quote, this is not about SC vs JC, this is a thread about a very talented athlete. Hall performace against other teams or players, which he had very little control over, is not the question. The D-1 scouts could care less what he did against other players, they see a kid with the god given ability to be great.

Please no more stupid comparisions, the kid is legit. Keep the thread on Shane and his abilities or start another thread about your school and players.