Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top RB's in KY 2011
I forgot Thomas, I meant to add him too.
Tica Wrote:How could Anthony Wales not be mentioned in the mix?

probally best back in the state
The Iceboxx Wrote:Davenport and Jude are the best in EKY

behind mr whales from Loouisville Central,he played against better competion to.
Wales is the cream of the crop.
Best are: Top Three
1. Travis Elliott
2. J. J. Jude
3. Wales
hardcore1 Wrote:Best are: Top Three
1. Travis Elliott
2. J. J. Jude
3. Wales

you must not have seen whales play,i have seen him and jude,not really close there,havent seen elliott,but be hard to top whales..
I have saw Whales play and could put him in front of Jude but not Elliott but Jude and Elliott were 1st and 2nd team all state but Whales did win a state title. I think all 3 are pretty good
Brandon Marsh should put up huge numbers for Greenup Co. this season just as Lyle did last year.
One would think KP Skyles should be somewhere on the list. He doesn't seem to get a lot of publicity, possibly because of the type of offense Sheldon Clark has run in the past. IMO, I believe he is somewhat underrated.
Unless you've actually seen these kids play you can't go by stats alone. There has been some serious stats padding with some of these backs. Not all, but some.
Steven Klette he will have a breakout season For Owen County
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:Will Thomas Collins, he will be a senior this year at Breathitt. The kid is a very good running back and is always working to become a better athlete and improve his game.

wills my boy!
Wales all the way.
:runtouchdat this point in time i think williamson from rowan must be added to the list, he avg 10 yards pre carry and broke a 1000 yards in 4 games this year
I am VERY biased but even i would have to say that even the most devoted jude fan would have to admit after watching wales that he is VERY special. I am not ranking either one ahead of the other i'm just saying that anyone that puts wales first won't lose any respect from me. If you put anyone else with those two then you really haven't watched them play or are just being biased towards you favorite team. When your guy has multiple 2,500+ yard seasons and is staring down the record for most yards total EVER in the history of KY football then you can include them in the same sentence as those two. Until then you really don't have an argument. Stat padding sounds like a good argument until you look at games like the first one this year 9 carries 330+ yards and 6 TD's. Competition is good for both kids but Wales has faced tougher week in and week out.

If you read what i think the intent of this thread was then i believe that most "one to watch" means one that will do more than expected and that in my opinion so far is the kid from Rowan. Williamson? He is really impressive so far.
^ Solid post
JJ Jude-Johnson Central
Don't know how I've missed this thread, but saw that LWC had mentioned the kid from Russell Co -

I know there are some really good RB's across the state, but Nick Britt as a Jr has to be in the conversation of top 5 RB in the state. He's the current leading scorer in the state in rushing (19 TD), and in overall scoring (22 TD). He's averaging 11.45 yards per carry. If he stays healthy and continues on the pace that he's currently at he could very well end his career with close to 7,000 yards on the ground.

2011 Through 5 Games
1,019 Yards on 89 Carries
11.45 Yards / carry
19 TD (Scores 1 out of every 5 touches)

2010 In 10 Games (don't have stats for 2-games)
1,183 Yards on 163 Carries
7.25 Yards / carry
18 TD
laker20 Wrote:Don't know how I've missed this thread, but saw that LWC had mentioned the kid from Russell Co -

I know there are some really good RB's across the state, but Nick Britt as a Jr has to be in the conversation of top 5 RB in the state. He's the current leading scorer in the state in rushing (19 TD), and in overall scoring (22 TD). He's averaging 11.45 yards per carry. If he stays healthy and continues on the pace that he's currently at he could very well end his career with close to 7,000 yards on the ground.

2011 Through 5 Games
1,019 Yards on 89 Carries
11.45 Yards / carry
19 TD (Scores 1 out of every 5 touches)

2010 In 10 Games (don't have stats for 2-games)
1,183 Yards on 163 Carries
7.25 Yards / carry
18 TD

Definitely has to be considered a top tier RB with what he has done so far.:Thumbs:
i know that this back isn't even close to this guy but if u never seen him play he is a very exciting back.u know something is going to happen when he touches the the ball.the senior back up running back Josh Dixon from belfry.
pirate_time Wrote:i know that this back isn't even close to this guy but if u never seen him play he is a very exciting back.u know something is going to happen when he touches the the ball.the senior back up running back Josh Dixon from belfry.

Don't you just love players like that....they get the ball and everyone in the crowd stand's up to see what they're gonna do. :Cheerlead Friday Football!
JJ Jude - Johnson Central
Corey Davenport - Bell County
Travis Elliott - Ryle
Ace Wales - Central
Dayln Dawkins - Trinity
Darmonte Warr - Manual
DeMichael Jackson - Jeffersontown
Cameron Thomas - East Jessamine
Kentayvous Hawkins - Bourbon County
Bubba Johnson - Lafayette
Clark Rowe - Rockcastle County
Cameron Vocke - Beechwood
Jeremy Harness - John Hardin
got to sy JJ Jude for the best in the state but for uderrated got to sy Austin Hall from Betsy Layne boy has talent
jj jude!
JJ Jude - Johnson Central
Travis Elliott - Ryle
Ace Wales - Central
Dayln Dawkins - Trinity
Darmonte Warr - Manual

Does any one know these guys 40 times,,
hardcore1 Wrote:Best are: Top Three
1. Travis Elliott
2. J. J. Jude
3. Wales
sure glad the college recruiters know talent better than some fans on here,
ill take jj jude any day of the week.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:JJ Jude - Johnson Central
Travis Elliott - Ryle
Ace Wales - Central
Dayln Dawkins - Trinity
Darmonte Warr - Manual

IMO Kentayvus Hopkins at Bourbon County is far and away the most talented running back I have seen, and not just this year, but in a very long time.

I will say I have not seen Anthony Wales play, but I have seen Thomas, Jude, and Davenport play, and on talent and ability alone, there is no comparison IMO.

I believe I saw in the Lexington Herald where he is leading the state in yards per attempt right now, but it is hard to compare stats with this kid, if he was running behind of the lines on this list other than his, he would be even more of a nightmare.

Don't get me wrong Jude is a workhorse, and a very agressive player, but Hopkins is very special, and is definitely High D1 material.
Who is the best backfield combo in the state? I have a friend whose son plays for East Jessamine and I am going with them. Cameron Thomas (Senior) and Blake Hinkle (Junior). If these two had an O-Line, they would be tough to deal with.
So with Ryle's Elliott going down early in the year who finishes 2011 as the top running back...