Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top RB's in KY 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Who will be the some of the top running backs in the state to watch for this season? Back your selections up with anything except a list of colleges recruiting him. If he's being recruited, then he's already got talent

example: Cameron Vocke, Beechwood
2010: ran for 1,841 yards, 32 rushing TD's, avg. 142 yards rushing a game. Has a pretty good and experienced O-line coming back to help him.
I'm not sure who the best are but i'll give you my pick for most underrated running back in Kentucky high school football. JAMEZ CHENAULT,1-9 Madison Central. As a sophomore he rushed for 917 yards on 184 carries last season for a team that struggled but had a very tough schedule. The kid is a pure athlete and he can really run the ball. My son played grade school ball with him and he has always been tough. If he played for a team that could block he would have twice the yards that he does. Hope he has a great season this year.
Someone with more knowledge can post details but Clark Rowe from Rockcastle County, the Russell County running back and the Davenport kid from Bell County.
Estill County

#25 - Randy Davidson - 1157 yards - 168 Attempts, 15 Rushing TD's

#15 - Logan Mize - 214 Yards - 34 Attempts - 2 Rushing TD's (More of a Kick Returner last year. An Excellent Kick Returner at that - I know he had 1 Kick Return for A TD against Pineville last year)

Jonathan Collins - Averaged 4+ TD's a Game in Middle School (Will Be A Freshmen This Coming Year)
LWC Wrote:Someone with more knowledge can post details but Clark Rowe from Rockcastle County, the Russell County running back and the Davenport kid from Bell County.

Clark Rowe (Rock) - 1799 Yards - 261 Attempts, 17 Rushing TD's

Cory Davenport (Bell) - 1536 Yards - 134 Attempts, 26 Rushing TD's

not sure about the RB from Russell County
Dragonsdad Wrote:I'm not sure who the best are but i'll give you my pick for most underrated running back in Kentucky high school football. JAMEZ CHENAULT,1-9 Madison Central. As a sophomore he rushed for 917 yards on 184 carries last season for a team that struggled but had a very tough schedule. The kid is a pure athlete and he can really run the ball. My son played grade school ball with him and he has always been tough. If he played for a team that could block he would have twice the yards that he does. Hope he has a great season this year.

I played football with his brother or cousin in college, dexter chenault. if he's as aggressive as dexter, he could go a long way
As if nobody's heard,

JJ Jude, Johnson Central
2010 - 3258 yds on 281 carries, 31 TD's, had 4 games with over 400 yards and averaged a little over 250 per game and 11.6 yd per carry.

For his career, 6227 yds and 63 tds.
KP Skyles , Sheldon Clark
1254 yards, 209 carries, 18 tds. 105 yards per game, 6 yards per carry. 0 fumbles.
These stats were generated from an offensive mentality of 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Different offense for his senior year should be exciting.:Thumbs:
Keepnitreal Wrote:As if nobody's heard,

JJ Jude, Johnson Central
2010 - 3258 yds on 281 carries, 31 TD's, had 4 games with over 400 yards and averaged a little over 250 per game and 11.6 yd per carry.

A very good kid to go along with the athletic ability.
Keepnitreal Wrote:As if nobody's heard,

JJ Jude, Johnson Central

Saw this kid out of uniform at the state track meet and was surprised at how small he is. You also have to look at his yardage numbers a little closer, because he did run up a lot of yards agianst bad teams and was in games when the outcome in the game was already decided. The kid is a good RB, but just saying the numbers are a little padded. I also saw Elliot (Ryle) at track meets this year and have to say that he is built like a brick sh--house (and I am not a fan of this kid, but have to give him credit for hitting the weight room).
KP Skyles, Sheldon Clark, is probably the most underrated RB in Eastern KY, IMO. He may not have the statistics that some of the other good RBs' have, but he is extremely strong, for his size (5'8" 188 lbs.), has well above average speed, and is a dedicated, hard working young man.

Last year the SC team ran, most of the time, an offense that did not showcase Skyles' talent. I would have to think that he will bear watching in the 2011 season.
How could Anthony Wales not be mentioned in the mix?
Tica Wrote:How could Anthony Wales not be mentioned in the mix?

Ok here he is
Anthony Wales 297 att for 2994 yards
244 yards on 19 rushes against us
Will Thomas Collins, he will be a senior this year at Breathitt. The kid is a very good running back and is always working to become a better athlete and improve his game.
Strikeout King Wrote:Clark Rowe (Rock) - 1799 Yards - 261 Attempts, 17 Rushing TD's

Cory Davenport (Bell) - 1536 Yards - 134 Attempts, 26 Rushing TD's

not sure about the RB from Russell County

Whats scary is Davenport could had ALOT more TD's and yards if Dudley would had turned him loose. :devilflam
sstack Wrote:Saw this kid out of uniform at the state track meet and was surprised at how small he is. You also have to look at his yardage numbers a little closer, because he did run up a lot of yards agianst bad teams and was in games when the outcome in the game was already decided. The kid is a good RB, but just saying the numbers are a little padded. I also saw Elliot (Ryle) at track meets this year and have to say that he is built like a brick sh--house (and I am not a fan of this kid, but have to give him credit for hitting the weight room).
State wrestling champs who are D1 prospects spend their fair share of time in the weight room. I doubt that many players in the state come close to matching the time that Jude spends preparing for wrestling and football.

If you watch Jude play much, then you must know that he plays as hard on defense as offense and he hardly ever comes out of a game. Yet, he finishes games with the same all out effort as he starts them. More often than not, he physically wears down defensive players in platoon systems.
Ace Wells is #1 by a long shot.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:State wrestling champs who are D1 prospects spend their fair share of time in the weight room. I doubt that many players in the state come close to matching the time that Jude spends preparing for wrestling and football.

If you watch Jude play much, then you must know that he plays as hard on defense as offense and he hardly ever comes out of a game. Yet, he finishes games with the same all out effort as he starts them. More often than not, he physically wears down defensive players in platoon systems.

I have watched this kid play and to tell you the truth, I was more impressed with the way he played D then O. I am not saying he is not a good player, because I liked the way he played, I was just surprised about his size.
JJ Jude - Johnson Central
Cameron Thomas from East Jessamine. 2500 yards, and was pulled at the half in 3 games. Also rushed for more yards against Boyle than Jude did. And that was at Boyle. He could have gotten about 700 or 800 against N. Oldham but was pulled , because his coach has class. Not like a Woodford Co. game this year ,from Jude.
Devon Cox from Boyle County has to be somewhere in the mix. He split time with Chris Cook last year and both rushed for about 1,500 yards a piece. Chris Cook has graduated. Devon Cox is going to be the main back this year so expect alot more yardage this year. He's fast, elusive and suprisingly strong.
joejoe Wrote:Cameron Thomas from East Jessamine. 2500 yards, and was pulled at the half in 3 games. Also rushed for more yards against Boyle than Jude did. And that was at Boyle. He could have gotten about 700 or 800 against N. Oldham but was pulled , because his coach has class. Not like a Woodford Co. game this year ,from Jude.

I'm not sure if that is true. Maybe if you add both games together. The first game against Boyle, Cameron Thomas rushed 24 times for 130 yards in a close game(28-13). The second game, Cameron Thomas rushed 21 times for 92 yards in which East Jessamine got blown away 56-11.
joejoe Wrote:Cameron Thomas from East Jessamine. 2500 yards, and was pulled at the half in 3 games. Also rushed for more yards against Boyle than Jude did. And that was at Boyle. He could have gotten about 700 or 800 against N. Oldham but was pulled , because his coach has class. Not like a Woodford Co. game this year ,from Jude.
Thomas gained 3 more yards than Jude on 3 more carries.

Jude vs. Boyle Co. 21-127 (6.0 yards/carry)
Thomas vs. Boyle Co., Game 1: 24-130 (5.4 yards/carry)
Thomas vs. Boyle Co., Game 2: 21-92 (4.4 yards/carry)

Do you actually think that the Boyle County games support your claim that Thomas is a better running back than Jude?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Thomas gained 3 more yards than Jude on 3 more carries.

Jude vs. Boyle Co. 21-127 (6.0 yards/carry)
Thomas vs. Boyle Co., Game 1: 24-130 (5.4 yards/carry)
Thomas vs. Boyle Co., Game 2: 21-92 (4.4 yards/carry)

Do you actually think that the Boyle County games support your claim that Thomas is a better running back than Jude?

I did'nt say he was better, just that Thomas IMO is one of the better backs in KY. I have seen Judes Highlights and he is a great back, thats why I used the comparison. Sorry if I offended anyone.
joejoe Wrote:I did'nt say he was better, just that Thomas IMO is one of the better backs in KY. I have seen Judes Highlights and he is a great back, thats why I used the comparison. Sorry if I offended anyone.
No offense taken but by stating Thomas gained more yards against Boyle than Jude, you left me with the impression that Thomas had a better game against them. I was just curious how the two running backs compared against a common opponent and posted more details.

Sheldon Clark probably held Jude in check better than any team JC played last season and I am sure that other running backs posted better stats against the Cards. That does not mean that Sheldon Clark faced several running backs better than J. J. Jude last season. It just means that they did a great job defending Jude and limiting his carries by controlling the time of possession.
Davenport and Jude are the best in EKY
Jeremy Harness John Hardin. He is getting some serious D1 looks. He is blazing fast and can run and catch.
Kaleb Leach from Frankfort is super fast and getting looked at by some D1 schools
Slobberknocker Wrote:Jeremy Harness John Hardin. He is getting some serious D1 looks. He is blazing fast and can run and catch.

Good looking running back. Boyle County will get a look at him this year. Can't wait to see the kid in action. :Thumbs:
LexCathKnight15 Wrote:Kaleb Leach from Frankfort is super fast and getting looked at by some D1 schools

Frankfort has had some great running backs in its history
Pages: 1 2 3 4