Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleveland Indians First Place in AL!
They just keep winning.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I pulled these quotes from another thread:

LWC Wrote:Don't want to jinx them but my Cleveland Indians are 12-4. Tied for the best record in all of MLB. The question that I ask this forum is: Why?

Posted almost exactly a month ago.

Jarons Wrote:I believe that they are on a hot streak and come crashing back to Earth in a month. Because this hot streak is in April not in July it makes them look better than they really are. I hope they keep it up and the Reds get hot again so we can see an all Ohio World Series.

Jarons, I have to have a little fun with you. It has basically been a month and they are 25-13. With a 4 game lead in their division and in first place in ALL of MLBBig Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I promise that I will quit gloating if they are in first place at the end of August.

18-8 in April, 4-3 on their May road trip.

If they can go 15-13 every month for the rest of the season, they will have 93 wins. I will super-gladly take it.
LWC Wrote:I pulled these quotes from another thread:

Posted almost exactly a month ago.

Jarons, I have to have a little fun with you. It has basically been a month and they are 25-13. With a 4 game lead in their division and in first place in ALL of MLBBig Grin Big Grin Big Grin
The Indians will come crashing back to Earth after the beatdown they will receive from the Reds:popcorn::biggrin:
LWC Wrote:I promise that I will quit gloating if they are in first place at the end of August.

If they can go 15-13 every month for the rest of the season, they will have 93 wins. I will super-gladly take it.

I believe it when I see it.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
LWC Wrote:I promise that I will quit gloating if they are in first place at the end of August.

Gloat all ya want brother! It's Tribe Time!
MisterPerfect Wrote:I believe it when I see it.

Big Grin
Indians win again today and extend their lead to 5 games. Good to see the Reds win as well.
I waited a week to gloat again:

Indians are now 30-15, have won 4 games in a row.

They now have a 7 game lead in the AL Central, have the best record in all of baseball by 2 games!

Also have a 5.5 game lead over the Yankees for the best record in the AL.
The Indians are 4th in MLB in runs scored and 6th in ERA.
Detroit is closing in now that the Indians have hit a rough patch.

Cleveland still holds on to a 1.5 game lead after winning today.

Detroit has won 4 in a row and 8 of their last 10.
Jarons Wrote:I believe that they are on a hot streak and come crashing back to Earth in a month.

April and May have both completely passed, now we are into June, and though the lead is slim, they have never relinquished it. Big Grin
Can you imagine if they break there curse this year and win the world series. Unless my braves win it or the Cubs win it, I will gladly take the Indians to win the Series. Do you think they need to pick up a good pitcher before the trade deadline? Or some more power hitting also?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:Can you imagine if they break there curse this year and win the world series. Unless my braves win it or the Cubs win it, I will gladly take the Indians to win the Series. Do you think they need to pick up a good pitcher before the trade deadline? Or some more power hitting also?

They definitely need another bat. The pitching has been above average but they need another bat. Too much pitching doesn't exist, another good arm is always a plus.
.240 5 HR 22 RBI. That is Sin-Soo Choo's stat line right now.

I believe the Indians can be legitimate again if he can get out of his insanely long slump.
You had to post! I was hoping people would forget this thread Big Grin lol j/k
(For now) We're baaa-aaaaaaaaccccccckkkkk Big Grin
The Tribe have some work to do. Even when Choo wasn't hurt, he looked like garbage through and through. Sizemore is King Strikeout right now, and having LaPorta back would be great, but you deal with the cards your dealt & that includes injuries. However, the Columbus Clippers (AAA) won the whole damn thing last year down there so there should be more talent, perhaps a starting freaking pitcher. Masterson has gone dead cold and at this point I really think Carmona should be sent to the minors.

There are bright spots, Asdrubal Cabrera may the best shortstop in the entire league, he's incredible. Michael Brantley also looks solid, as does Carlos Carrasco. But there are some guys really tearing up the minors and I'd much rather see young guys develop than watch Shelley Duncan, Shin Soo Choo, Travis Buck, and Grady Sizemore blow. I think Cord Phelps has proven he's not ready yet, send him down and let's bring up Kipnis, Donald, or Chisenhall. I hate to say panic mode, but 10-20 since May 24th, let's do something to get back on track before the ChiSox slip us down to third.
Belfry0304 Wrote:The Tribe have some work to do. Even when Choo wasn't hurt, he looked like garbage through and through. Sizemore is King Strikeout right now, and having LaPorta back would be great, but you deal with the cards your dealt & that includes injuries. However, the Columbus Clippers (AAA) won the whole damn thing last year down there so there should be more talent, perhaps a starting freaking pitcher. Masterson has gone dead cold and at this point I really think Carmona should be sent to the minors.

There are bright spots, Asdrubal Cabrera may the best shortstop in the entire league, he's incredible. Michael Brantley also looks solid, as does Carlos Carrasco. But there are some guys really tearing up the minors and I'd much rather see young guys develop than watch Shelley Duncan, Shin Soo Choo, Travis Buck, and Grady Sizemore blow. I think Cord Phelps has proven he's not ready yet, send him down and let's bring up Kipnis, Donald, or Chisenhall. I hate to say panic mode, but 10-20 since May 24th, let's do something to get back on track before the ChiSox slip us down to third.

With absolutely no run support, Masterson is 5-6 with a 2.98 ERA. His K-BB ratio is over 2-1. His last 4 starts he has given up 0, 2, 2 and 2 earned runs. He lost the last game he pitched because the reliever pitched a couple walks and BALKED in the ONLY run of the game. Very tough break for him. His games against the Rays and Rangers were atrocious.

Whatever it has to be to fix the hitting, it needs to be done sooner, rather than, later. Choo has been dead cold. Nobody wants him hurt but a week away couldn't make him any worse than he has been. When inter-league is over and Travis Hafner can be an everyday player, that will certainly help. Right now, teams can just pitch around him because nobody else is stepping up.

Asdrubal Cabrera, I agree, is an All-Star and maybe the best defensive short-stop in the American League. He is so good that he can just goof around sometimes. I mean, behind the back throws to start a double-play! Wow!

I agree with utilizing one of the best farm systems in all of MLB. This year was supposed to be a wash anyway. Not a single Tribe fan in the world will be majorly disappointed if they wash out, because according to many sources they have already won almost as many games as they were supposed to all year.
The title of this thread is no longer accurate:biggrin: j/k LWC, Aslan, and other Cleveland fans.
It took Jarons exactly 3 months to write that. Big Grin

How long have the Reds been in first this year?
LWC Wrote:It took Jarons exactly 3 months to write that. Big Grin

How long have the Reds been in first this year?
Just having fun with ya. Maybe it was because today was the first time that I noticed Cleveland was not in first place.
The Tribe have been in first more than the Reds this season, but the Reds will be in first when it matters mostTongueirateSho(sarcasm).
Like I said earlier this season, maybe on this thread, I hope that there will be an all Ohio World Series.
Jarons Wrote:Just having fun with ya. Maybe it was because today was the first time that I noticed Cleveland was not in first place.
The Tribe have been in first more than the Reds this season, but the Reds will be in first when it matters mostTongueirateSho(sarcasm).
Like I said earlier this season, maybe on this thread, I hope that there will be an all Ohio World Series.

:Thumbs:
2nd Verse, same as the first Big Grin

Currently tied for the division lead with the Tigers, but the Tigers are on the verge of losing (down 4-1 in the bottom of the 9th, with MLB's leader in saves on the mound)

If the Tigers hold on and lose that would place Cleveland in sole possession of 1st place.
On Independence Day, I thought it would be fitting to report that the Indians have found freedom from their first place tie.

Now the Indians have a one game lead in the AL Central.