Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleveland Indians First Place in AL!
Currently 14-8, 1st place in the AL Central by 2.5 games, .5 games away from 1st in AL.

6th in MLB in runs, 11th in MLB in ERA

Justin Masterson is 5-0 with a 2.18 ERA and 22 K's.

When do they cool off? :biggrin: :popcorn:
^Do you realize that it is only April 27?
Jarons, when your team is expected to finish dead last in the AL Central, and they are actually leading by 2.5 games, you get excited, even if it is April 27th Big Grin

Gotta have fun while you can! I like the Indians and the Reds, (the Indians just a little more, but not by much) so at least I have one first place team to cheer for Big Grin
LWC Wrote:Jarons, when your team is expected to finish dead last in the AL Central, and they are actually leading by 2.5 games, you get excited, even if it is April 7th Big Grin

Gotta have fun while you can! I like the Indians and the Reds, (the Indians just a little more, but not by much) so at least I have one first place team to cheer for Big Grin

Being a Reds fan, I know exactly how you feel. Last season was the first time that I followed baseball closely in August and September in about 10-12 years because the Reds were in contention. Enjoy it! Like I said on your last Indians thread, I hope the Indians keep it up and the Reds wake up and we will be watching an all Ohio World Series.
Jarons Wrote:Being a Reds fan, I know exactly how you feel. Last season was the first time that I followed baseball closely in August and September in about 10-12 years because the Reds were in contention. Enjoy it! Like I said on your last Indians thread, I hope the Indians keep it up and the Reds wake up and we will be watching an all Ohio World Series.

Absolutely! :Thumbs:
LWC Wrote:Jarons, when your team is expected to finish dead last in the AL Central, and they are actually leading by 2.5 games, you get excited, even if it is April 27th Big Grin

:Thumbs:
I changed the thread title because they just took first place last night.

They are 15-8 and have a 3.5 games lead!
After today, there are still in first place and extend their lead to 4.5 games! SWEET!
Wire to Wire guys!
Just realized they are 7 games up on the Pre-Season favorites: Twins and White Sox!
I know this is getting a little old to some, but not to me Big Grin

Indians win in 13 innings today against the Detroit Tigers.

This puts them at 18-8, still in first place in the AL and AL Central. Lead the AL Central by 4.5 games and lead the White Sox and Twins by 9 games!
Aslan Wrote:^Keep it coming brother!

Are you an Indians fan or are you goading me? :biggrin: Either way, I gotta keep it going. Especially since they are officially first place in MAY!
LWC Wrote:Are you an Indians fan or are you goading me? :biggrin: Either way, I gotta keep it going. Especially since they are officially first place in MAY!

Sure am, been a Tribe fan since 01, not sure why, but they're my team. One game away from the World Series a few years ago Sad
Aslan Wrote:Sure am, been a Tribe fan since 01, not sure why, but they're my team. One game away from the World Series a few years ago Sad

The 1995-1997 teams should have won at LEAST 1 World Series!!!! Yeah they had a great shot when Carmona was pitching well too.
Now they are 19-8, and officially first place in ALL of MLB!
LWC & Aslan

Your Indians are Rolling right now, 7 Game Win Streak. 20-8
3 runs in the 9th inning. Good teams find a way to pull these games out. GREAT start for Carmona.

Keep in mind that the Indians are 20-8 with Carmona NOT at his best. Tonight he was good but most of the season he has not been.
Do I need to say it again? It feels good so sure: Indians win AGAIN! Still 4.5 games ahead in the division and still the #1 team in MLB.
Aslan, I sure hope they are in first place in September/October or Dusty and the rest are gonna eat me alive, lol.......proverbially speaking.
I don't want to finish with the best record. I don't care how many all stars we have. I don't care about Cy Young's, Silver Sluggers, and MVP's. I just want a championship.
Belfry, baby steps bro. Let's get a great record, get into the playoffs, win a series, win the pennant, THEN win the World Series. This team isn't even supposed to win 70 games, they have 20 before the end of May.
My point is, I don't care if we're the best record or how good the individuals are or anything like that... I just want to get in the playoffs and FINALLY have one of my teams win a 'ship.
Belfry0304 Wrote:My point is, I don't care if we're the best record or how good the individuals are or anything like that... I just want to get in the playoffs and FINALLY have one of my teams win a 'ship.

I agree with that statement :Thumbs:
Still 4.5 game lead in AL Central AND still #1 overall in AL.
I forgot yesterday.

5.5 games lead in the AL Central and #1 in all of MLB again Big Grin

5.5 games up on Tigers, 10.5 games up on White Sox and 11 games up on the Twins!
Indians win again today!

4 game lead in the AL Central and #1 in the AL still.

4 games up on Tigers, 9 games up on White Sox and 11.5 games up on the Twins!

Tigers are closing in, and that is a little scary, but still in 1st place, I'll take it.