Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(3) UCONN 56 - (4) Kentucky 55 (NCAA Final Four)
And why do you have that thing as your signature? Makes me want to ninjachop you in the throat dude..
LClion4life Wrote:Jones is gone guys. Don't fool yourselves into anything different. Knight may be gone I'd say it's 70/30 on him leaving. Great season Cats, you went farther than everybody thought you would. This is only the beginning of what UK basketball will be under John Calipari.

Ballers Wrote:Knight went 6-23...
T. Jones went 0-5 from the free throw line...

If we could have had another stop, another bucket, those free throw made by Jones.. That would have earned us a shot at the title..

Good season to UK, hate to see it end like this.. Very proud of these boys, first final four in 13 years. We have another SEC championship under the belt, just like last year.. I've had faith in these Cats all year long.. I'm happy with it.. But just can't seem to stop thinking ya know.. "What If"? What if Cousins or Orton stayed.. Would we had a clear shot at the championship?

Maybe this is a trend... Last year elite 8.. This year final four, next year championship game.. And maybe we will lose in that game? And then the year after that we make it back to the championship game and win, and then win again, and again. And start our dynasty back up Smile

cuppett777 Wrote:if they cant keep some of the better players for 3 yrs, probally wont ever do a run like before..

Aslan Wrote:^Good post. UK is going 40-0 next year if Knight, Liggins, and Miller do return.

vundy33 Wrote:It's official. We have the most backstabbing fans on earth, out of any sport at any level. Like someone else stated, bi-polar would be a good word to describe them as well.

It's ridiculous. One day, after a huge win like against OSU and UNC, they love TJ, The Blue Knight and Coach Cal. But after one loss that ends the season, even after our second-consecutive SEC championship, even after both the SEC tournament run and the NCAA tournament run all the way to the Final Four after we were hit in the face with the #4 seed and Florida got the #2, we have some people that go after Knight, Jones and Cal, say completely stupid things like they hope they leave. Knight is the reason we got as far as we did. Without him, many, many games would've been lost this year. TJ might've missed all of his free throws, but if you remember correctly, he's also the reason we stayed in the game. He scored alot of clutch points and made a few key steals/blocks when UConn was on a run and we need something fast. Coach Cal can coach. Simple as that. Anyone who says otherwise has been drinking to much Milwaukee's Best.

This team is easily one of the most memorable we've ever had. The majority picked against these guys the entire season, which isn't normal. Even back to the Washington game in Maui, most picked against us. Through the season, after losing on the road became a trend, we had quite a few people saying we wouldn't even make the tournament. The SEC tournament? Florida is winning it, of course! They beat Kentucky once! Kentucky's just to young! Florida is an experienced team, they won the SEC championship last ye, oh, what? Well that doesn't matter! All those players went to the NBA!
On Selection Sunday, our boys were given a #4 seed, while their rival and team they went 2-1 against in 2011 and had beaten in the SEC championship game just earlier that day, were given a #2 seed. In the Sweet Sixteen, there's no way Kentucky beats OSU, Ohio St will walk over Kentucky! Kentucky doesn't have man power or experience to beat The deeper, older, 3-point stoking Ohio State! On to the Elite 8, where, again, the majority picked our boys to lose to UNC, but they didn't. They put their Big Blue Kentucky shoe up in between North Carolina's baby blue butt cheeks.

Now, after a Final Four loss, our first Final Four in 13 years mind you, we have people hating on Terrence Jones and Coach Cal, which I can understand. Cal will always have haters, and TJ has under-performed as of late and his free throws hurt us bad, but hating on Brandon Knight? Not only a great player, but a great kid? Ridiculous. Shouldn't even call yourself a Kentucky fan, and you're certainly not part of the Big Blue Nation. Some people whine and cry about the type of players Coach Cal recruits, even though everyone else is recruiting them, the only difference is that Cal gets them. But when he gets a kid with the heart Knight has, values and morals, a perfect GPA that shows he obviously puts class first, people say they want the kid to leave? After one loss and a bad shooting night? Heck, someone will probably even respond to that and say that "he gits all da ez classes cuz hes a ball playur!" Give me a break.

Brandon Knight is the kind of player and kid that every coach in the country would absolutely love to have on his team. We need to be hoping with everything we got that he decides to stay.

I have a friend on the football team that told me The Blue Knight told him after the UNC game that "he's probably staying". Don't know what that helps, figured that'd make some people happy though. Personally, I think he, Doron Lamb, Darius Miller and DeAndre Liggins will be back next year.

/rant

lol
^
I always said 38-2 :biggrin: