Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (3) UCONN 56 - (4) Kentucky 55 (NCAA Final Four)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
UCONN Advances to Monday Night's Championship Game and will face Butler

Stupid 3 By liggins
Great Season By UK. Who would have expected that cats to get this far? I bleed blue no matter win or lose!
They earned this loss.
Bye Bye T. Jones and B. Knight, Hello New Recruits
Way to choke UK
Houston, we have a problem.
Strikeout King Wrote:Bye Bye T. Jones and B. Knight, Hello New Recruits
Good riddance.
Free Throws...
Real Badman Wrote:Free Throws...
You don't mention shooting and missing all the 3's? When the 3's aren't falling, figure out a way to get inside.
TheRealVille Wrote:They earned this loss.

baller4lyfe Wrote:Way to choke UK

Come on, guys. Kentucky had a great season this year. They might've had a tough time this game, but they still had an overall great season. Smile
inb4 "Fire Calipari"
how many of you all really think that Knight and Jones will be gone? Knights parents have said that won't let him go pro just yet and he supposedly said in an interview last week that he's staying another year
TheRealVille Wrote:You don't mention shooting and missing all the 3's? When the 3's aren't falling, figure out a way to get inside.

We made 3's..Compare the 3's to the number of free throws Terrence Jones missed. Terrence Jones makes 1 more of those, guess what? We're still playing RIGHT NOW. Of course, I'm not defending the slot selection, epically that last one by liggins, but free throws was the main cause we lost.
Real Badman Wrote:We made 3's..Compare the 3's to the number of free throws Terrence Jones missed. Terrence Jones makes 1 more of those, guess what? We're still playing RIGHT NOW. Of course, I'm not defending the slot selection, epically that last one by liggins, but free throws was the main cause we lost.
I say a lot of quick triggers from the 3 beat us. They missed fouls, but they took tons of bad shots from the 3. When you aren't hitting the 3's, figure out a way to get inside. Hopefully Jones will go pro next year.
cant put the blame on anyone..we lost so what? would be nice to win it all but we had a great season..be happy with it
TheRealVille Wrote:I say a lot of quick triggers from the 3 beat us. They missed fouls, but they took tons of bad shots from the 3. When you aren't hitting the 3's, figure out a way to get inside. Hopefully Jones will go pro next year.

Do u even watch the games?

How many games this year have we won on the inside?

WE didnt lose this game because we shot to many threes. Thats what we strive on.

Free Throws, Knight being inconsistent, Miller being nothing.
4_real Wrote:cant put the blame on anyone..we lost so what? would be nice to win it all but we had a great season..be happy with it
How come Cal didn't adjust, and go inside when the outside shot wouldn't fall?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Do u even watch the games?

How many games this year have we won on the inside?

WE didnt lose this game because we shot to many threes. Thats what we strive on.

Free Throws, Knight being inconsistent, Miller being nothing.
Why question my ability to watch a game? When the 3's won't fall, you got to adjust. I know they depended on the 3, but tonight it wasn't happening. Yes, FYI, I've watched every single game this year. It doesn't matter if the 3 is your game saver, if they won't fall. You've got to adjust. Yes, with Harrelson on the inside, UK could hold their own.
TheRealVille Wrote:When the 3's won't fall, you got to adjust. I know they depended on the 3, but tonight it wasn't happening. Yes, FYI, I've watched every single game this year. It doesn't matter if the 3 is your game saver, if they won't fall. You've got to adjust.

Unless you have nothing to adjust to.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Come on, guys. Kentucky had a great season this year. They might've had a tough time this game, but they still had an overall great season. Smile

You are so right. I would have loved to have won this game, but I am not too upset. Great season, nobody expected them to go that far. I am not to sure if Knight and Jones go to the NBA, let's hope they decide to stick around. Some mean commets about Jones; I am not a huge fan of him, but definately would love to have him on the team next year.
Good season by the Cats. They went much further than I expected even as recently as the beginning of the tournament. They could not hit the ocean from the pier in the first half, Jones pulls a big ofer from the free throw line, which was the difference in the game. They woke up in the second half and started hitting their shot. The Cats just simply wore out in the second half.
Jones will be gone, Knight is 50/50 coming back. I would not be surprised either way.
So can i blame the game on the Goal tend in the first half? lol Smile
sstack Wrote:You are so right. I would have loved to have won this game, but I am not too upset. Great season, nobody expected them to go that far. I am not to sure if Knight and Jones go to the NBA, let's hope they decide to stick around. Some mean commets about Jones; I am not a huge fan of him, but definately would love to have him on the team next year.

:Thumbs:
TheRealVille Wrote:How come Cal didn't adjust, and go inside when the outside shot wouldn't fall?

He had no one to go inside to. This was the first time in the tournament that we were outsized big time in the post. That is why Harrellson was in foul trouble. But I will say this That no call on the goal tend in the first half really angers me.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Unless you have nothing to adjust to.
UK has a decent game in the paint. It couldn't hurt.
How did they NOT call that goaltend?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?
Suddenly i have UConn Friends on my facebook. Well they was on my facebook.
I'm happy for the 3 upper classmen to have gotten to a Final Four. Just watching the post game interview, it was sad to watch Josh, Liggins and Miller go through the postgame series of questions. Obviously Josh is gone and Darius's father has been saying the he is leaving after this season. When Liggins was asked about whether he was coming back, he stated that he's not thinking about that right now but will review it with his family, saying this with his voice breaking down and Josh rubbing his back indicated he is leaving too. For these three young men, I have a great deal of respect.

I was far from being a fan of Liggins, and did not think much of Josh's abilities. As the season progressed, I gained more and more respect for each of them.

Final thing that I got from the postgame conference, it appeared that the play was designed for Liggins to drive but he said since he had already hit a similar three just prior, he thought his look was the same thus he took it.
i wanted to win this just as much as anyone of those players, and i know their all just getting hit with the fact that this season is over and Josh Harrelson will never lace up for uk again..so instead of blameing someone aor something on this loss just enjoy the fact that we are more then an elite team this year..and the ppl that are bashing our players and coach for the loss need to realize we just made the final four when cpl months ago looked like we were gunna struggle to make the tourny..BE HAPPY
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:He had no one to go inside to. This was the first time in the tournament that we were outsized big time in the post. That is why Harrellson was in foul trouble. But I will say this That no call on the goal tend in the first half really angers me.
Harrelson was in foul trouble because of playing inside on the offense?
Pages: 1 2 3 4