Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Cental Coaching Rumor
Windsprint Wrote:Chase Knight was a very good football player---more important than that------he is a class act. My son played with him and he saved his butt many times. Had it not been for the injuries Chase would have contributed heavily to any team he played for.I'm glad to hear that he helped the cougars with spring ball. He is the type of young man that makes people around him play to their potential. He was an intregal part in the Cougars going 21-5 his jr. and sr. years. "nuff said"

Well said.
Chase is fine young man and we were lucky to have him working with our boys regardless of whether it was as a helper or a coach. I wasn't lucky enough to coach Chase in Jr. High football but I did have his younger brother and he was nothing but pleasurable to coach. I was fortunate enough to watch Chase on Friday nights and he had an unlimited motor and even bigger heart. However, his biggest attribute was the leadership that he brought to the teams that he played on. Chase has a lot to offer a high school program and I think that the younger players will feel more connected with someone that they have watched play recently. Sometimes it's hard for an older coach to connect with the youth of today and I say that we should use whatever resources we have to reach our kids. If one of those resources is available and it sounds like Chase is we better jump on the oppurtunity to use him to help our program get back on the right track.
Coach Howard Wrote:Chase is fine young man and we were lucky to have him working with our boys regardless of whether it was as a helper or a coach. I wasn't lucky enough to coach Chase in Jr. High football but I did have his younger brother and he was nothing but pleasurable to coach. I was fortunate enough to watch Chase on Friday nights and he had an unlimited motor and even bigger heart. However, his biggest attribute was the leadership that he brought to the teams that he played on. Chase has a lot to offer a high school program and I think that the younger players will feel more connected with someone that they have watched play recently. Sometimes it's hard for an older coach to connect with the youth of today and I say that we should use whatever resources we have to reach our kids. If one of those resources is available and it sounds like Chase is we better jump on the oppurtunity to use him to help our program get back on the right track.

Well said Coach Howard.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]