Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Cental Coaching Rumor
Heard through the grapevine that Letcher had hired three new assistants. Does anyone know who they are, if true and who they may be replacing
Don't know! Been trying to find out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Think they've hired the Knight kid who graduated a few years ago to coach the line. IMHO one of the best lineman I've seen play the game, one of the schools first truly recruited and signed players. He signed with UVA-Wise but transferred to Pikeville, not sure why, but I do know that he got hurt pretty bad and the doctors won't let him play now. He will have his hands full with these lineman, but him and Bates are both product of Larry Maggard so they know their stuff. Good luck to Chase, he may be the best hire the school has made in a long time as far as their sports programs go. I think he'll bring the cougars back to life!! :Thumbs:
I'm sure if any new coaches have been hired, they have boys that can play football too! You don't just hire coaches out of the blue unless they can bring something to the table, like star players.
Knight has a younger brother who is a horse of a lineman, maybe that's how they kept little brother from transferring by hiring big brother. Heard he came out of spring ball starting center, looks more like a tackle to me being around 6'4" around 265lbs. Said the Blair kid was moving to guard, think he'll be valuable anywhere on the line though. Hope big brother knows his stuff cause he's gotta a lot riding on his shoulders. Cougarville is getting hostile at 3-7.
According to The KHSAA they are looking for 2 Assistants, doesn't say what positions just either side of the ball
Next year you will be looking for a new staff. He want last another year. I said 3-4, but I give him 1 more. I told you of self destruction, it is happening right before your eyes.
Wall4president Wrote:I'm sure if any new coaches have been hired, they have boys that can play football too! You don't just hire coaches out of the blue unless they can bring something to the table, like star players.

Knight has a younger brother who is a horse of a lineman, maybe that's how they kept little brother from transferring out by hiring big brother. Did hear that he came out of spring ball starting center, looks more like a tackle to me at 6'4" about 265, moved the Blair kid from center to guard but he's valuable anywhere on the line.
Interesting??
I had heard that the defensive coordinator is open but can't confirm from no one. Seems to me they need to hurry and get this done before passing league.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
It is my understanding the defensive coordinator is not returning and I think from what I hear the JV coach may not be. Heard rumor yesterday that a former head coach from western part of the state may be trying to get the defensive coordinator job.
gUrU Wrote:Think they've hired the Knight kid who graduated a few years ago to coach the line. IMHO one of the best lineman I've seen play the game, one of the schools first truly recruited and signed players. He signed with UVA-Wise but transferred to Pikeville, not sure why, but I do know that he got hurt pretty bad and the doctors won't let him play now. He will have his hands full with these lineman, but him and Bates are both product of Larry Maggard so they know their stuff. Good luck to Chase, he may be the best hire the school has made in a long time as far as their sports programs go. I think he'll bring the cougars back to life!! :Thumbs:

If Chase Knight is your idea of "best linemen", then you need to raise your expectations, I watched him play at Pikeville, and pretty much get manhandled by some of the JV Dline. With that said, I wish Chase nothing but the best of luck and hope he enjoys his time coaching these young men.
cougarpride08 Wrote:I had heard that the defensive coordinator is open but can't confirm from no one. Seems to me they need to hurry and get this done before passing league.

What happen to Joe Beder?
good luck :Thumbs:
Real Badman Wrote:If Chase Knight is your idea of "best linemen", then you need to raise your expectations, I watched him play at Pikeville, and pretty much get manhandled by some of the JV Dline. With that said, I wish Chase nothing but the best of luck and hope he enjoys his time coaching these young men.

Well, I hope you feel better, cutting a fine young man that way. I was referring to his high school career, didn't get to see him play at the college level but to my understanding he held his own until he was hurt and his football career was taken from him, something he has had a very hard time giving up. So with that said, if you can't be positive find another thread we have enough negativity here in Letcher County in case you haven't heard, hiring this coach is the first positive thing thats happened to us in a few years now.
Real Badman Wrote:If Chase Knight is your idea of "best linemen", then you need to raise your expectations, I watched him play at Pikeville, and pretty much get manhandled by some of the JV Dline. With that said, I wish Chase nothing but the best of luck and hope he enjoys his time coaching these young men.

Chase was starting varisty, as a redshirt Freshman, in case you don't understand how that works, and I'm sure you don't, varsity goes against varsity and Pikeville does not even have JV. If you happen to catch him on a bad day it was probably because my son could not feel his arm. He took a bad hit and ruptured two discs in his neck and impinged a nerve which he is still facing possible surgery to correct. He continued to try to play through it because he knew it was coming to an end. My family has had to watch him give up something that he loves and struggle with the pain and loss daily. I would appreciate it if you didn't make matters worse by critizing the times that he cherishes but then again jelously is earned. Please if you anything further to say about Chase send me a message or give me a call, I'd be glad to handle this like a REAL MAN would. Billy Knight
Has anyone heard that Coach Chappell from Middelsboro will be joining the Letcher coaching staff ?
I can't see that. Chappell runs the offense at Middlesboro....Whitaker will be looking for a defensive guy.
I would love to see Chappell at Lecture. He does a great job. I would say Chappell will be a head coach again soon.
Whoever they select I wish them the best of luck. I have been critical of some things but it is definitely not the fault of the players. I hope they return to having success and win as many games as they can.
PurplenowBlue Wrote:Chase was starting varisty, as a redshirt Freshman, in case you don't understand how that works, and I'm sure you don't, varsity goes against varsity and Pikeville does not even have JV. If you happen to catch him on a bad day it was probably because my son could not feel his arm. He took a bad hit and ruptured two discs in his neck and impinged a nerve which he is still facing possible surgery to correct. He continued to try to play through it because he knew it was coming to an end. My family has had to watch him give up something that he loves and struggle with the pain and loss daily. I would appreciate it if you didn't make matters worse by critizing the times that he cherishes but then again jelously is earned. Please if you anything further to say about Chase send me a message or give me a call, I'd be glad to handle this like a REAL MAN would. Billy Knight

I like the name.
PurplenowBlue Wrote:Chase was starting varisty, as a redshirt Freshman, in case you don't understand how that works, and I'm sure you don't, varsity goes against varsity and Pikeville does not even have JV. If you happen to catch him on a bad day it was probably because my son could not feel his arm. He took a bad hit and ruptured two discs in his neck and impinged a nerve which he is still facing possible surgery to correct. He continued to try to play through it because he knew it was coming to an end. My family has had to watch him give up something that he loves and struggle with the pain and loss daily. I would appreciate it if you didn't make matters worse by critizing the times that he cherishes but then again jelously is earned. Please if you anything further to say about Chase send me a message or give me a call, I'd be glad to handle this like a REAL MAN would. Billy Knight

I understand why you're mad, but that doesn't make you right. I have a few things I want to point out:

1) Redshirt players cant start varsity. Plain and simple.

2) Pikeville College did have a "JV" team, but if it helps we'll call them "3rd and 4th string players."

3) I'm sorry to hear that Chase is hurt, but that doesn't change anything.

4) I dont have anything against Chase personally, I just didn't think he was that good.

I understand this is your son, or close relative, and I would probably say the same things, but the fact is, I'll have my opinions and you'll have yours. I just simply retorted to the poster who thought he was good. He may have been in High School, but I can only speak for the times I seen him in college. I hope I could shed some light for you. It's nothing personal.
I think Chase will bring some heart back to the program. The boys were cussed and belittled and just not cared about last year and they didn't have the heart to play. I think Chase will care about LCC and the boys and their parents. When boys don't have the heart to play for you...there's not much hope. He is just an assistant but at least there will be some heart in the program.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I like the name.

Thanks.. I needed a quick name...I intend to delete this as soon as this thread is gone.
After reading through your other posts a lot of light was shed on you, I realized that you are not a good person. You have never had a positive post nor a good thing to say about anyone or anything. Typical of people like you to hide behind a made up name. When you can post your name, as I did, then we'll discuss who's right and who's wrong, simple as that. Just remember that stuff like this comes back to you, I hope you don't have children.
To put this rumor to rest, Chase was not hired to coach, he was only helping out the line in spring practice. The rest is not rumor, just changes, just call the coaching office and they'll fill you in I'm sure.
Any updates on the weight room! I am headed back to the east coast and look forward to seeing these young men line it up this fall!!!!!!

Well Said! :Thumbs:
there probaly not replacing anyone, just more assistants. I also heard whitaker might move somewhere else
Chase Knight was a very good football player---more important than that------he is a class act. My son played with him and he saved his butt many times. Had it not been for the injuries Chase would have contributed heavily to any team he played for.I'm glad to hear that he helped the cougars with spring ball. He is the type of young man that makes people around him play to their potential. He was an intregal part in the Cougars going 21-5 his jr. and sr. years. "nuff said"