Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Coaching Changes
Gywin may be the correct spelling on the first name but I have always heard him called "Winny" which is why I spelled it that way.
isn't it funny that Cox was one of the parents that went to the board and now he is coach but politics didn't have anything to do with both boy and girl coach getting fired RIGHT wake up people in Breathitt CO.
playsports Wrote:isn't it funny that Cox was one of the parents that went to the board and now he is coach but politics didn't have anything to do with both boy and girl coach getting fired RIGHT wake up people in Breathitt CO.

so Breathitt's baseball Coach is now the Girls Basketball Coach?
What basketball coaching experience has Cox had? Is he a teacher or employee of the school district?
I believe he is a kinda retired state police officer.(Don't really need to get into what that means) But he has been coaching middle school, aau, etc... for a long time and should do a good job. He knows the game and only time will tell how well he will do at the high school level. Good luck to him and the Lady Cats.
Breathitt made a mistake letting Coach Moore go!
If you are going to replace Coach Moore, who has four straight regional titles then replace her with a proven coach.
Coach Noble being let go is a big JOKE... She won 4 regional titles in the last 5 years and it would have been 5 for 5 if Perry didn't still the best player in the region from her....So I guess Randy Napier had a little to do with Noble being Fired....
ekff Wrote:Coach Noble being let go is a big JOKE... She won 4 regional titles in the last 5 years and it would have been 5 for 5 if Perry didn't still the best player in the region from her....So I guess Randy Napier had a little to do with Noble being Fired....

Coach Noble was the boys coach. Coach Moore was the girls coach that won those region titles
Yeah I meant Moore..... LOL, Peggy is a great coach.
Yes she is and she's a very nice lady
I would hate to see them hire someone like Winnie Cox for the girls coach. Its my understanding he draws workers compensation from an injury sustained while working as a police officer. How can this be legal? He has done a bad job with the baseball team, I hope they will give this further consideration.
hotdogfun Wrote:I would hate to see them hire someone like Winnie Cox for the girls coach. Its my understanding he draws workers compensation from an injury sustained while working as a police officer. How can this be legal? He has done a bad job with the baseball team, I hope they will give this further consideration.

Cox will not be the coach. He told them he couldn't do it.
"hot dog fun" must be a child writing what they have heard their parents talking about. Since they like to gossip on topix, they thought they would try on a real forum. Let's talk basketball, football, softball, baseball, etc. Mr. Cox is a retired state police trooper. Yes, he was injured on the job trying to serve and protect people like you. But, he is now retired. He has always volunteered his time and effort to children through the years and been committed to the betterment of the kids in the community.
Who are the front runners if Cox don't want the job?
I have heard a name mentioned but I will not post it here due to the fact that this person recently changed jobs and doesn't need people speculating that they are already thinking about leaving.

Other than that name I don't have a clue. To be honest I don't think they have anyone in mind like they did with the Denny Fugate hire.
Any word on who they will replace Peggy with? It was stupid to get rid of her in the first place! Four region and district titles in a row, how do you fire her?
Rumors are spreading that in Breathitt County, if coaches do not vote a certain way during elections, that the "higher ups" will find a way to get rid of them. Sounds like Breathitt County schools need to clean house at the highest level instead of firing good decent coaches.
Back to the question who is replacing Coach Noore? Any news?
Anyone hearing any news on the Breathitt coaching situation?

I haven't heard anything in weeks.