Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Coaching Changes
any rumors or facts out there?
Just rumors BUT some has more truth than rumor!!
The Private Wrote:Just rumors BUT some has more truth than rumor!!

well what are they or are you not allowed to share them?
Ken Jones is OUT at powell.
COY is out.
UKisN1 Wrote:COY is out.

who is that?
Havent heard any changes in the 14th
Have heard through the grapevine that the Adams Brothers from Letcher are FINALLY, getting out of the Basketball Profession! Due to all the girls quitting and some saying they are not playing next year if they are still their, I believe the Super has finally stepped in and put a stop to it.
I think your grapevine dialed the wrong number and supplied incorrect info.
Wall4president Wrote:Have heard through the grapevine that the Adams Brothers from Letcher are FINALLY, getting out of the Basketball Profession! Due to all the girls quitting and some saying they are not playing next year if they are still their, I believe the Super has finally stepped in and put a stop to it.

Sounds like you need a new grapevine because yours definitely lacks knowledge or intellect.
I guess they were just hoping like the rest of us! Smile Would be great to see someone new in Letcher County, I have to admit.
they made girls bb at lcc
They have the latitude to complete their careers at LCC as they should. Move on to another coach cause it will only happen on their terms.
Coach Fannin is retiring at Hazard
No way the Adams brothers are going anywhere. They have earned the respect of the community, administration and fellow coaches in our system. There are no two harder working coaches in the state and I believe that these two will retire from coaching in our county whenever they choose to do so.
The coach of the year in the 14th, Ken Jones, may be retiring.
A lot of people should realize that Coach Dickie Adams had a major setback when there star player went down with a injury. To me they would have been District champs and could compete for a region title.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
GRIFFIN Wrote:they made girls bb at lcc

What have they made? What have they accomplished in that very watered down district? who don't beat Jenkins, Cordia, and JBS every year, woo hoo, time to celebrate! :Cheerlead
Wow, Just ask any of the coaches in the mountain area what they think of Dickie Adams, you will get only one answer RESPECT. Losing this year to Perry was not a big shocker, particularly since he did not have his top player in Eldridge and even with her it would have been a phenominal upset to beat them. Dickie has taken teams to Bowling Green and they are always in contention to win our region. What more could a program want in a coach? Sounds like someone has a personal problem with Dickie and should talk to him about it. People that are going to agree with you about Dickie needing to be replaced are going to be far and few in between but I guess everyone has the right to have an opinion.
Wow, Sounds like someone has a personal problem with Dickie Adams and needs to talk to him. When you ask any coach around the mountains about Dickie you will surely get this answer "RESPECT". Dickie has taken our program to Bowling Green and they are always in contention to win our region. To lose to Perry County this year was no shocker, we were missing our top player in Eldridge and even with her it would have been a phenoninal upset to beat them. 19 wins this season in my opinion was one of Dickie's best coaching performances, he was young and not really that talented and still had them in contention to make it deep in the regional tournament. Besides Napier at Perry I'd put Dickie's record up against any other coach in the mountains and go ask Napier what he thinks about Dickie, I'd love to hear that response to your question.
Lambert #1 Wrote:Wow, Just ask any of the coaches in the mountain area what they think of Dickie Adams, you will get only one answer RESPECT. Losing this year to Perry was not a big shocker, particularly since he did not have his top player in Eldridge and even with her it would have been a phenominal upset to beat them. Dickie has taken teams to Bowling Green and they are always in contention to win our region. What more could a program want in a coach? Sounds like someone has a personal problem with Dickie and should talk to him about it. People that are going to agree with you about Dickie needing to be replaced are going to be far and few in between but I guess everyone has the right to have an opinion.

Well Said.
Lambert #1 Wrote:Wow, Sounds like someone has a personal problem with Dickie Adams and needs to talk to him. When you ask any coach around the mountains about Dickie you will surely get this answer "RESPECT". Dickie has taken our program to Bowling Green and they are always in contention to win our region. To lose to Perry County this year was no shocker, we were missing our top player in Eldridge and even with her it would have been a phenoninal upset to beat them. 19 wins this season in my opinion was one of Dickie's best coaching performances, he was young and not really that talented and still had them in contention to make it deep in the regional tournament. Besides Napier at Perry I'd put Dickie's record up against any other coach in the mountains and go ask Napier what he thinks about Dickie, I'd love to hear that response to your question.

Amen.
Dickie will be there as long he wants too.He is a great coach.
Have you heard anything about Breathitt CO girl coach?
playsports Wrote:Have you heard anything about Breathitt CO girl coach?

From what I am hearing it will be Winny Cox.
Who is Winny Cox?
World B Free Wrote:Who is Winny Cox?

My spelling is probably off on the first name but he is Breathitt's baseball coach. He is also the father of Kasey Cox who is the 7th grader that started a lot of games for Breathitt's girls this past season.
hope he can do better with the girls basketball team than he is doing with the boys baseball team.:rockon:
Did get to see the Cox girl play she is going to be a good player but still a little young but did get alot of playing time.
Altro Cat Wrote:My spelling is probably off on the first name but he is Breathitt's baseball coach. He is also the father of Kasey Cox who is the 7th grader that started a lot of games for Breathitt's girls this past season.

Gywin Cox is BC's baseball coach