Poll: Do you think the UK basketball program needs to go in a new direction?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
63.64%
No
20.45%
Wait until the season is over
15.91%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want Tubby out threads...here
Yes I think UK needs to change directions. But it goes deeper than just the coaching staff.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Pelphrey is not ready to take on the job at UK. Just look at unc with Doh and see what happens when an ex-player takes over unprepared. Give Pel another 5-10 years, and yes, he should be experienced enough. Not now though, especially with the condition Tub has it in.

I actually agree with you on something now. These people who want Phelphrey need to realize he's not ready to coach at UK, but with experience he could be a great coach down the road. No need in throwing him to the dogs right away.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Would love to see the BIG RED HEAD as UK's head coach some day.....wonder if he's ready though????????? Why not shoot for the moon....get Pat Riley to coach for a few years until Pelphrey is ready.........
FOX SPORTS Wrote:We may not have to wait long.

Very true there.
I AGREE BIG TIME! I loved Pelphry and do think he is a great coach but also think he is a great coach for the type of school in which he is at! D'Antonio would be a nice choice, Crean, Few is my top 3!
I never thought about D,Antoni.He was the one of the greatest playmakers in the history of Marshall.He had a very good career in the Italian pros.Did you all know the number 8 Kobe Bryant wore was because he grew up Italizing D,Antoni.That was his number in the italian leauge.Kobe,s dad I think played against him.Oh my gosh,,guys no slam against Tubby but if we could land this guy it would be better than when we landed Pitino!!!There is not a better coach on the planet.Im too excited to eat breakfest.Is this maybe really happening!!
Old school Dawg Wrote:I never thought about D,Antoni.He was the one of the greatest playmakers in the history of Marshall.He had a very good career in the Italian pros.Did you all know the number 8 Kobe Bryant wore was because he grew up Italizing D,Antoni.That was his number in the italian leauge.Kobe,s dad I think played against him.Oh my gosh,,guys no slam against Tubby but if we could land this guy it would be better than when we landed Pitino!!!There is not a better coach on the planet.Im too excited to eat breakfest.Is this maybe really happening!!

I hope so!
I use to be able to sit down and say uk was goin to win but now i dont even know i say we get a petion going to get rid of TLT it will work out for uk in the long run because he has over stayed his welcome at uk and us the true uk faithfull are sick and tired of it.
Black and Gold Wrote:I use to be able to sit down and say uk was goin to win but now i dont even know i say we get a petion going to get rid of TLT it will work out for uk in the long run because he has over stayed his welcome at uk and us the true uk faithfull are sick and tired of it.

AMEN. Tubby said last year that there would never be another season like that one well i have news for him........this one looks about the same way. i hope he has a good time the rest of this year because i hope he will be gone next year.
Yes there needs to be a change they need to get rid of tuby and his staff give a few years to get the players out and get a new breed of blue in there. and patt paterson is sitting right on uk's heels if they pass him over it will be one of the many mistakes tuby will have made.
Black and Gold Wrote:Yes there needs to be a change they need to get rid of tuby and his staff give a few years to get the players out and get a new breed of blue in there. and patt paterson is sitting right on uk's heels if they pass him over it will be one of the many mistakes tuby will have made.

What are you talking about, "If they pass him over" They are recruiting him as hard or harder than anybody. The only thing holding Patterson back is knowing if Smith will be here next year or not.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have seen Patterson play at Huntington around 6 times now and first of all he is 6'8" and if we dont get him I wont lose any sleep over that.I am going to try a be a LOYAL FAN as Red Auerback defines it,,,A loyal fan supports his team,,the whole team,,from the manager to the coach.I am able to be that for west virginia and marshall.Always looking for the positives but with Kentucky its different.Im working on that.
Tubby is a great coach, he was best fit for Georgia. He is a good coach for any 3 to 4 star recruit. With a team as Prestigeous as Kentucky, with a tradition so rich as to attract 5 star recruits, All-Americans, and Blue Chip players we need a coach to play at Kentucky's expectations. Which is a full court press, fast pace, Winning ball game.

Since under Tubby's reign it has become more common for us as fans to accept losses; Instead of it being a rarity to lose.

The Athletic Director needs to look at the Wildcat Program like a buisness, You simply cut your losses and move your Company in a better direction.Lets hope that the A.D's comments will not effect the descions of Jai Lucas and Pat Patterson. This would be an excellent move by Tubby if he can get LOI's from these guys.
Lets wait the season out, and if we get another disappointing 2nd round loss, then lets say bye, bye. Then wait til after Jai and Pat sign LOI's to change coaching staff (if that is legal)
At no time has Patterson ever said he definitlely WOULD COME to Kentucky if Tubby was the coach. If so, why hasn't he signed already? This 'Tubby Turmoil' soap opera with Tub's job beingo on the line is only a couple weeks old. He's had plenty of time to sign before that. Patterson loves Billy D and Florida. He wouldn't sign at UK no matter who's the coach.....unless it was Donovan.
It will be a great shame if Kentucky loses Patterson. We have already lost OJ Mayo. There is no excuse for losing 5 star recruits in your own backyard (unless the player is wanting to go to where his family is or his family is an alumni of the school, giving the other schools an advantage).

Its looking like Patterson will probably go to UF. I also read a Baltimore Paper, and it looks like Jai is leaning towards Maryland(could be bias).
**When Tubby Smith took over, UK was one
of four or five programs in the country that
was truly elite. We cannot say that any longer.
**When Tubby Smith took over, UK consistently
had more talent than Vandy. We cannot say
that any longer.
**When Tubby Smith took over, UK almost never
had to play on the opening day of the SEC tournanment.
We cannot say that any longer.
**When Tubby Smith took over, UK was losing ten games
only when you combined two seasons, sometimes three.
**When Tubby Smith took over, watching UK play was never
like getting a root canal or watching a horse die. We
cannot say that any longer.
**When Tubby Smith took over, Chris Lofton and Cory
Brewer had dreams of playing for UK in Rupp arena.

Since Tubby Smith took over, we have witnessed the
gradual to precipitous decline of the UK basketball
program in several areas, primarily in recruiting
and offensive efficiency. Twenty wins coupled
with ten losses is good enough for Tulsa and Georgia.
It is not good enough for UK. As decent a person
as he is, and I say this with more than a little regret,
it is time for Tubby to go. Period.
More or less the same thing I've been saying/posting for weeks. Agree.....Tubby must go!
Tubby the great recruiter.......
If and when Tubby is out, you will be seeing Patterson in either a Florida or Duke uni next season.
-STATS- Wrote:If and when Tubby is out, you will be seeing Patterson in either a Florida or Duke uni next season.

Duke doesn't really appeal to Patterson. It's pretty much between UK and Florida. And playing time is key for him. Florida returns a ton of Forwards even if Noah, Brewer, and Horford go pro they still have a bunch coming back and several coming in.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
No, Tubby hasn't done the greatest job in the world but, Kentucky is still Kentucky. Everyone seen what happend to Indiana when Mike Davis took over, and North Carolina when Matt Doratiey(Spelling?) took over. And honestly I don't want to see that happen and I know about 1 million other Kentucky fans don't wanna see this happen. Tubby is a heck of a coach, and since the Perry, Thomas, Orbzut, and Alleyne recruiting year Kentucky has had some really good recruiting classes. I know alot of you are gonna disagree, but this is the way I see it.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:More or less the same thing I've been saying/posting for weeks. Agree.....Tubby must go!

If I said what you've been saying...I apologize...
I am new to BGR...forgive me. I am ready
for up temp basketball again...a style where we
are the aggressor...a style where high school
kids say, "Man, I'd love to play for that guy..."
He's gotta go.
Whats new, why keep posting the same thread over and over again. It gets nowhere, people just starts posting arugements of why tubby should go and why tubby shouldnt. Even tho one of you all are going to say why did u even read this thread, But honeslty why keep makin the same threads. Everyone on this site should know that All of you all think tubby should go because they have been so many posts about it. I mean heck, tubbys coaching bad and the team isnt winning but what good is it to post over and over that *Tubby must go* for atleast till the seasons over why dont you all try to think of positive things about Tubby and Kentucky, They just played good vs a Georgia team and have a big game coming up. It isnt like they are under .500 or something, they won 20 games once again in this season. So just be positive.
blackcat_student Wrote:No, Tubby hasn't done the greatest job in the world but, Kentucky is still Kentucky. Everyone seen what happend to Indiana when Mike Davis took over, and North Carolina when Matt Doratiey(Spelling?) took over. And honestly I don't want to see that happen and I know about 1 million other Kentucky fans don't wanna see this happen. Tubby is a heck of a coach, and since the Perry, Thomas, Orbzut, and Alleyne recruiting year Kentucky has had some really good recruiting classes. I know alot of you are gonna disagree, but this is the way I see it.
I agree with you, that class is what hurt kentucky.
Wonder who the '3' people are so far that's voted no?? Bet I can guess.
thecavemaster Wrote:If I said what you've been saying...I apologize...
I am new to BGR...forgive me. I am ready
for up temp basketball again...a style where we
are the aggressor...a style where high school
kids say, "Man, I'd love to play for that guy..."

No need to apologize, cavemaster. You're just one of hundreds here that want's Tubby out and UK to return to it's 'dominating' style of basketball we've all grown up with. Post all the anti-Tubby stuff you can find. Every little bit helps.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:No need to apologize, cavemaster. You're just one of hundreds here that want's Tubby out and UK to return to it's 'dominating' style of basketball we've all grown up with. Post all the anti-Tubby stuff you can find. Every little bit helps.

Think you're blowing that up a bit? One of the "hundreds" here? But I forgot, like someone posted on here before. UK is so dominating they put together 3 title teams since 1958. Dynasty right there right?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Wonder who the '3' people are so far that's voted no?? Bet I can guess.

Wonder who was one of the people who voted "yes." I bet I can guess.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next