•  Previous
  • 9(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach Salmons Out at Lawrence County!!!!
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:You have proven many valid points, dbcooper. And at this point, I am sure you do have a good idea who I am, as do I you. My only beefs with ANY of the LC teams since the late 90's domination is the whole feeling surrounding the program. There was something unexplainable and special about the whole vibe of the team and entire county. It seems like something has been missing since then. Touche', dbcooper. Touche'.

I agree wholeheartedly. There was a swagger and toughness to the teams from that decade that has not been matched.
I really believe the 09 Bulldog teams was very good, but there was so much talent and football intelligence on those 90s teams. The last 2 seasons have been fun, but I don't think there was as complete an understanding of the game as those teams had, and I think that was due to really developing their football mentality away from practice and Friday nights.
Those kids devoured the game. Now, it does not seem to be quite the same.
Cheers to you, Mr. Sandwich for being part of a special, special time.
And BBQKing, you are absolutely correct. You guys were ducked and ducked from 96-99.
I remember the efforts to schedule the Fighting Tigers and remember it never working out. I don't think they really feared LC so much, but I don't think they like the idea of coming to Louisa to play a loaded, experienced team either.
Who would have?
Thanks to all who made that era one to remember.
dbcooper Wrote:I agree wholeheartedly. There was a swagger and toughness to the teams from that decade that has not been matched.
I really believe the 09 Bulldog teams was very good, but there was so much talent and football intelligence on those 90s teams. The last 2 seasons have been fun, but I don't think there was as complete an understanding of the game as those teams had, and I think that was due to really developing their football mentality away from practice and Friday nights.
And BBQKing, you are absolutely correct. You guys were ducked and ducked from 96-99.
I remember the efforts to schedule the Fighting Tigers and remember it never working out. I don't think they really feared LC so much, but I don't think they like the idea of coming to Louisa to play a loaded, experienced team either.
Who would have?
I can sum this up with one quote. Chuke he made those players who and what they was and are today. The swagger and toughness was what he was about.
dbcooper Wrote:I agree wholeheartedly. There was a swagger and toughness to the teams from that decade that has not been matched.
Who would have?

:rockon:
Then bring back a coach from that era, Burchett.
Burchett is by far the most experieced guy for the job. Wasn't he with Chuke during those great years?
crunch1 Wrote:I have to say i've never been on this website before today, but IMO if mr.combs leaves, its not going to be a big lost. Seriouslly i've been around these boys for a long time and can tell you his money does a lot of the talkin.
His heart and his will does the talking. Its people like you crunch1 who make this site a joke and a slam page. Obviously you don't know Combs and You sound like a jealous CHILD. Oh and for everyone's info Combs has never said the first word about leaving. So keep your mouth off of him and every kid on this site, Especially LC kids.
shadow308 Wrote:His heart and his will does the talking. Its people like you crunch1 who make this site a joke and a slam page. Obviously you don't know Combs and You sound like a jealous CHILD. Oh and for everyone's info Combs has never said the first word about leaving. So keep your mouth off of him and every kid on this site, Especially LC kids.

This place is getting about as bad Topix...
Anyone know how Burchetts interview went?
crunch1 Wrote:I have to say i've never been on this website before today, but IMO if mr.combs leaves, its not going to be a big lost. Seriouslly i've been around these boys for a long time and can tell you his money does a lot of the talkin.

no combs is legit, i think you are getting him confused with the self proclaimed QB.
bottom line im sick of everyone complaining...
salmons wasnt a big loss, hes gone. i dont blame him, better talent, better facilities and everything at midland.......

but all he did here at LC was change the schedule and run the same 3 plays over and over and over.
the past 2 seasons are teams was not legit, the team led by shane pack and ben preston was the closest thing to a legit team lc has had in a long time.

changing the schedule and playing nobodys and i mean nobodys doesnt make you a good team, its better to go 6-4 playing the toughest schools rather than 10-0 with the weak nobody schedule.
to be good you have to beat good teams.
and this past season against the 3 good teams LC played SC rowan and Bell, the lost.
and tolsia gave them a pretty good game.

being a successful team should not be changing the schedule to run the table and make yourselves look good on paper.
that shouldnt satisfy you...

i cheer on LC in everything. im just not being so biased and narrow minded, the people on here have kids that play and are kids that play so of course they are gonna talk all this greatness crap,
bottom line who have you beat? what have you done? seriously?
you will go 4-6 next season maybe 5-5 if your lucky 6-5 and the schedule has new teams but basicly cancels itself out.
win some games against some good teams. and then you can say your a good football team.

enough with that,

cecil should be by all means the next head coach with short as the assistant.

cecils wife has a solid job, he has a solid job with the school.... and board of directors at the hospital for some reason???Wink his kids are in the school system, he isnt going anywhere. thats what LC needs and hes a good coach the kids love him.
Blah, Blah, Blah. All this s#*t is getting old. Same old redundancy. Cecil will and should get the job. He has put in his time and paid his dues. On top of that he is excellent with the current and upcoming kids.
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)