•  Previous
  • 8(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2014
I can tell you right now that the yellow Jackets were orange because when they named the colors orange was supposed yellow and yellow was supposed to be orange, We are always right.
Jarons Wrote:Does Raceland have a scrimmage at home between August 10 and August 12?

Not that I am aware. Meet the Rams is tomorrow, vs West in the grid at Raceland, then at East Carter on the 22nd and round out august at Putnam.
Now the burg is changing orange to yellow. They already changed 64 to a fan of many teams. They can do it all.
Have to say my optomistic feelings of the season were dampered a bit by the report I got on the intersquad scrimmage at "Meet the Rams". If any of you were there , maybe you coukd elaborate. I heard that Young looked great when running the ball, but auickly reverted back to gun slinging when under pressure and threw a couple picks. His consitency and protecting the ball will be crucial to any success Raceland has this year. Was told the line play was solid and better than anticipated. Many accuse me of drinking too much orange kool-aide, but im realistic. This Raceland team is full of tallent, but we will lack the experience to stay a float if turnovers become an issue. I have fath that things will be straightened out by playoff time, but the early on part of the season may see a bit of a learning curve.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Have to say my optomistic feelings of the season were dampered a bit by the report I got on the intersquad scrimmage at "Meet the Rams". If any of you were there , maybe you coukd elaborate. I heard that Young looked great when running the ball, but auickly reverted back to gun slinging when under pressure and threw a couple picks. His consitency and protecting the ball will be crucial to any success Raceland has this year. Was told the line play was solid and better than anticipated. Many accuse me of drinking too much orange kool-aide, but im realistic. This Raceland team is full of tallent, but we will lack the experience to stay a float if turnovers become an issue. I have fath that things will be straightened out by playoff time, but the early on part of the season may see a bit of a learning curve.

This season is going to be a major learning curve for this team. Individual talent is great, but it takes time to mold that into a team. You can't judge a team's ultimate success or failure based on the 7 v 7 season, I treat Meet the Rams similarly. Let's let season unfold before we get tear stains on our Orange sunglasses.
Your talking about a class a team that's playing a team scrimmage.The coaches make sure that the talent is split up.Most people read way to much into these things.Its more for the head coach to set back and look at each and every kid.The rams will be just fine.With the schedule they play they will win 7 to 8 games and make all the moms and dads happy.Is Young going to be a great QB?I say no and it's a waste to put a senior in at QB for one year.The coaching staff will go with him and then realize it's not working and then try to put Messer back there.Young would just play D for me and that's just it,but I'm not the coach.Young has showed me that he does have the arm,but not the mind to play QB.

Scotty when I said what I did about the orange goggles I was just messing with you.I love that you and a few others on here care about the Rams the same way I do.Keep all the post coming and keeping all of us informed.
Ive talked to alot of the kids on the team and they say that Young is pretty sharp in practice. In other news, I went to watch the 7th/8th grade games. Today at BC and that 8th grade class is loaded with tallent. Both on the line and in the backfields. Atleast 4 of them will probably be impact players year. Remember the name Judd Adkins.
I look foward to the grid. The 1s will be playing together consistantlly, which will be needed, as they havent done so against outside competition. If Young stays under control and we stay healthy we will have a solid season. With our schedule, i say we go 7-3/8-2, win the district, have Losses to Ashland, Coal Grove or Ironton(we win one of those and probably lose one), the. A toss up with Lawrence County. Ashland, Lawrence , Ironton and Coal Grove will all be better this year, as will Paintsville. We should have enough depth to keep guys fresh in district play. Either way its Going to take alot to repeat what we did last year in the post season. The tallent is there and the line has made major strides, but someone has to step up as a leader in the locker room.
It takes young teams time to catch up to game speed and to come together. Dont give up until you get about 4 games under your belt.
I figure our schedule record looks like this

East Carter 5+ td win
Ashland 3+ point win or as bad as a 4+ td loss
Boyd Couty 5+ td win
Greenup County 5+ td win

3-1 going into week 5

Coal Grove-Dawson Bryant is a toss up
Lawrence County Is a toss up

Nicholas County 5+ td win
Fairview 3+ td win
Paintsville 2+ td win
Ironton, OH toss up

As good as 8-2 or 7-3 with a district championship.
How they fair in the Ashland and other toss up games and how they grow from those games will paint a picture of the postseason.
I heard the Ironton's numbers are very low this year. I look for the rams to be victorious against Ironton.
I was suprised that Raceland shut Ironton out. Paledino is a major play maker, but he couldnt ever get things going. Im not sure what Ironton returns. If their numbers are down from last year, then Ironton football is headed in a direction that it hasnt in a long time.
From what I have heard from Ironton fans that I work with are that kids in Ohio are starting to stay at their respective schools (Rock Hill, Wheelersburg...etc) The name Ironton doesn't have that effect on opposing teams like it once did.
Well, I know in recent years, Wheelersburg has really made major strides, maybe that is the reason why. I would like to get Wheelersburg on the Raceland schedule. The Ironton and Dawson Bryant games were 2 year contracts if Im not mistaken. We added Russell to next years schedule, with relaignment they will have to pick up one more game, seeing as will will only have 2 district games. Would like to see next ears schedule shake out like this:

Ashland
Russell
Lawrence Co
Ironton, OH
Wheelersburg, OH
Dawson Bryant-Coal Grove, OH
Fairview
Paintsville
Bellevue/Ludlow/Lexington Christian/Beechwood/Newport
Prestonsburg/Pikeville/Rowan Co/Johnson Central

Keeping Ashland, adding Russell, and keeping some OH competition, coupled with an ever improving Lawrence County and some NKY/SEKY Mtn power teams, would be great additions to build the program. Corbin, Somorset, or Letcher Co could be good additions. We dont travel enough in the regular season, then seem to be stagnent in big playoff games on the road.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)