Poll: Cooper @ Harlan County who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Harlan County
72.22%
Cooper
27.78%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cooper @ Harlan County 11-23-2012
Granny Bear Wrote:http://www.wymt-tv.com for internet streaming....GOTW
http://www.wtuk1051.com for play by play calling from the best radio announcer in the hills!!!
(fair warning: announcer has 2 grandsons on the team, he is biased and when it gets to the point where he's screaming and you can't understand him....that would indicate HC is running for the goal line)

That link does not work to watch the game. It seems to just send you to a web page search engine.

Does anyone know how to watch the game online?
mason Wrote:That link does not work to watch the game. It seems to just send you to a web page search engine.

Does anyone know how to watch the game online?

You will have to wait till just about game time then go to wymt.com then go to sports and they should have to link to the game on there or look for link for game of the week
panther nation Wrote:You will have to wait till just about game time then go to wymt.com then go to sports and they should have to link to the game on there or look for link for game of the week

Are you sure? LOL

I am just asking because I will make the drive if I HAVE to.
mason Wrote:Are you sure? LOL

Make the drive....we need everyone to come out!
Rise up Southeastern Ky!!! Come out and support our kids, lets show these Northern Ky folks how it is done the right way!!! Lets get out early, tailgate and celebrate this fine group of young men, then take it to Coal Miners Memorial stadium and make some NOISE!!! I am feeling good about Friday night, I believe Mr Larkey and associates will have our men ready to Git R Done!!! Lets go Black Bears!!!!!!

HC 36 Cooper 14
mason Wrote:Are you sure? LOL

Well if it was me I would make the drive. Who would want to watch a game online when you could be there in person. You miss so much watching online plus you can say I was there when the black bears beat cooper!!! Or you could watch it on wymt tv if you get thier channel. But I had much rather be there myself.
Ohh, I wish I could "like" more than once!!!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Ohh, I wish I could "like" more than once!!!!!

That would be called "Love" wouldn't it?
Go bears!!! I can't stand myself right now!! What times the tailgate begin?
OMG I CAN'T talk about food right now.
From the Ky Post!!!!

Preview: Cooper at Harlan County

Cooper's AJ Collins was voted this week's WCPO Player of the Week.
Photo by: Michael Noyes
Regular Photo Size

advertisement

SHARETHIS

Posted: 11/22/2012
Last Updated: 1 hour and 31 minutes ago
By: Tri-State Football
By: Greg Shoemaker
Two schools that mirror each other on a fast rise to success will meet in the Class 5A state semi-final Friday night in Kentucky. Cooper and Harlan County are in their fifth seasons of football. Both have built from the ground up.
Haraln County High School came about when Cawood, Evarts and Cumberland merged. Black Bears head coach Tom Larkey has won almost 300 at the high school level and built Rockcastle County into a perennial power. He returned home to his roots to start the HCHS program that has been built on dedication in the weight room and on the field.

Cooper evolved and took kids from the Ryle and Conner school districts. The 2012 Jaguars are reaching new heights each week under Randy Borchers, who has been molding this program since day one of its existence. The scoreboard may say differently come the end of the fourth quarter but there will be no losers for fans and boosters of these football teams on Friday night. Their accomplishments this fall have exceeded everyone’s expectations.

COOPER JAGUARS (12-1) at HARLAN COUNTY (12-0)
Site: Coal Miners' Memorial Stadium, Needham Saylor Field – Harlan County HS
Kickoff: Friday, Nov. 23 at 7:30 p.m.

PLAYERS TO WATCH: Cooper quarterback Tyler Morris has given way to AJ Collins for top billing on the marquee for the Jaguars. Collins has been rock solid in the postseason, averaging 190 yards with 10 of his 19 touchdowns on the ground this season in three post-season tilts. Morris has done what he does best in the playoff – letting the game come to him. The senior-signal-caller has been excellent at controlling the game and does not have a turnover in three November games. On defense, lineman Dustin Mitchell has stepped up his play with 4.5 of his 9.5 sacks in the playoffs. Classmate Taylor Centers has even been even better with 6.0 of his 12.0 sacks on the year in the postseason.

As Jake Middleton goes, so goes the Haraln County offense. The senior has run for 2,090 yards with 29 rushing touchdowns. The Black Bears averaged 375 yards per contest during the regular season and at 368 yards for the postseason. Treyvon long and Cole Wilson spell Middleton. The duo has combined for 1,296 yards and 14 scores on the ground. Carson Whitehead is a tackling machine for the defense. He has an eye-popping 179 total tackles. Middleton, Long and Wilson are also integral parts on that side of the ball for the Black Bears.

TEAM TRENDS: Harlan County has won eight in a row. The Black Bears are sitting on 11 victories for the third straight year. Cooper is in the midst of their most prolific scoring run in school history. The Jaguars have averaged 43.0 over the last five tilts. It is the most productive scoring stretch the program has ever seen.

COOPER’S KEYS TO VICTORY: Third down will be the most important play of the night on both sides of the ball for the visitors. The defense can ill-afford to let HCHS keep drives alive. The Black Bear size and strength has worn down foes all year. The offense needs to do their share by converting third downs and keeping the home team off the field. Unlike last week’s opponent, Franklin County, who liked to throw the ball which can stop the clock on incomplete passes, Harlan County wants to keep the ball moving and out of Coopers hands.

HARLAN COUNTY’S KEYS TO VICTORY: Chewing ups yards with the ground game will enable the Black Bears to eat up the clock. Running the football will be their biggest ally on Friday night. Harlan County should also use the long bus ride by Cooper to their advantage. Catching the jaguars off guard via a trick play or long pass early could keep the opponents back on their heels and reeling to recover.
They also predicted the bears would win 28-27 !! Great!

Read more: http://www.kypost.com/dpps/sports/local_...z2D01v8vRF
Daddycat27 Wrote:Go bears!!! I can't stand myself right now!! What times the tailgate begin?

You mean no one is there right now? I figured it might be like Black Friday, er Black Bear Friday with people camping out.
Black Bear Friday..

I like it!!!!!!!
I'd be at the field right now if I could! DaddyCat we are going over around 4!
There is another group gonna be there at 3pm. :rockon:
The scoreboard may say differently come the end of the fourth quarter but there will be no losers for fans and boosters of these football teams on Friday night. Their accomplishments this fall have exceeded everyone’s expectations.

-Greg Shoemaker KY Post
Come on Harlan County lets get fired up.......

Whoooooooooo!
Welcome to Bloody Harlan Cooper were you will never leave alive! Black Bears are going to go jag hunting tomorrow H Yeah
Go Bears
Great post Spirit 100. I agree? Both of these programs have come a long way in a short time. That's a tribute to the players, coaches, staffs, and the communities. Good luck and safe travels to the Cooper faithful. Let the WAR begin! Go Bears! I hope the BBN will be in full force! Don't settle for WYMT ( no offense Derrick ). Come out and support your team!
Less than 24 and I am ready for some BB football! I hope I can sleep tonight! I should have went shopping to kill som time! Lol!
I've already watched the Cooper vs S Oldham on YouTube twice!!!
Going to be a great game, I think the Black Bears will come out and be very disciplined and drive the ball down the field and burn up the clock every chance they get. The Black Bears defense will be stingy. HC 35 Cooper 21. Good luck to all these kids and safe travels for Cooper.
GAME DAY IN THE MOUNTAINS!!!

BLACK BEAR FRIDAY!!!!!!

:Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave:

Okay, Black Bear Nation, yesterday was Thanksgiving....and I'm STILL so thankful for this opportunity for the HC Black Bears to play tonight!!

So, let's go Bears!!! One more for Bowling Green!!!!
:letsparty:letsparty:letsparty:letsparty

Thank you Seniors!!!

Go Black Bears!!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:GAME DAY IN THE MOUNTAINS!!!

BLACK BEAR FRIDAY!!!!!!

Okay, Black Bear Nation, yesterday was Thanksgiving....and I'm STILL so thankful for this opportunity for the HC Black Bears to play tonight!!

Thank you Seniors!!!

Go Black Bears!!!!

I should have copyrighted or trademarked that. But since you like it I'll share the rights to it with you. I can see T-shirts in the future or sweatshirts among other things.

BTW, I do consider it Black Bear Friday!!!

Chew 'em up, Bears!
You were actually the second person that used that term! A friend of mine posted it on my facebook page a few days ago, and since he doesn't post here, I was going to steal it from him. Then YOU beat me to it!!

Wink
Well I didn't know it was on your Facebook and I was just kidding you anyway. Go Black Bears!
Granny Bear Wrote:GAME DAY IN THE MOUNTAINS!!!

BLACK BEAR FRIDAY!!!!!!

Thank you Seniors!!!
Go Black Bears!!!!

I applaud your Black Bear Friday and raise a "Jaguar Jamboree in HC!"

:Thumbs:
Black Bear Friday and Jaguar Jamboree.....

Sounds like a show in Gatlinburg!!
Wink
Game day. Go Bears!
So pumped for today!!!!!... Go get it seniors!!.... Every football pump up song is running through my head this mornin!....I'm surrounded by Christmas decorations, but when I close my eyes, all I see is our field!... A score board surrounded by smoke from the cannon!.... I hear horns and cheers!.... I see the arms of a Ref being held high!.... I see our boys rushing the field!

I can feel the win!!!!

Go Back Bears!!!!!!!!!

[IMG][Image: http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l597...rdance.gif][/IMG]
You're giving me chills, Filthy Animal!!!

Sooo anxious for the game!

Go Black Bears!!!
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next