•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 60 Shelby Valley 57
Asian, up till now, I thought you were reasonable. But you make absolutely no sense in what your saying. You were not at the game. You would have been infuriated had it been your team that was constantly given no chance of receiving fouls, calls of walks on the other team, 3 second violations. Your point guard road down the line like he had a saddle on his back, constantly being fouled, then called walking. Whoever was the person who said that you don't call a foul with a few seconds left in the game, but you'll call a walk, is not a true fan of the game. That's what put's games into overtime. I wasn't making excuses for my comments earlier, I was giving the cold hard facts. We were not leaving that gym with a win. Hardly anybody does. If you can't watch the play on WYMT where Elisha is fouled about 4 times before he is called for a travel, maybe your wife can explain it to you. It is the simple fundamentals of basketball. Their win last night was not a win, if they say it was, it should have an asterisk* beside of it. Because it was definitely tainted. To me the same rules should be implemented in high school ball, to look at the monitor in crucial calls. They owe it to they teams, and they owe it to the fans......... I would never do it and don't condone it, but I can understand why people get frustrated and throw things at the refs, but we have too much class to do that, so we sound out our frustrations on the boards.
I'm very reasonable. I honestly don't believe he got fouled but what if they didn't call the walk? He missed the shot anyway! The game would have been over if they called the walk or not. Look at it like that.
well i picked pcc to win by 7,and they won by 3, congrtas to both teams,sv should bounce back.
Aslan Wrote:Your being very biased. The Punkin Palace? Give Perry credit and move on. It's not there fault Knott could not beat this same Valley team.

Stating I am biased towards Knott County may be the most ludicrous statement of the year.LOL.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Stating I am biased towards Knott County may be the most ludicrous statement of the year.LOL.

Your sarcasm was noted.
Not if they would have called the foul from the first bump. Doesn't matter, play us on a neutral court with unbiased refs and we would whip your butts.
I thought that PCC would beat SV after I saw them play Pikeville at Pikeville. PCC has a lot of what it takes to be a very good team. You have to give PCC credit for holding SV to 57 points. Some of that has to be credited to good defense. I like the way that PCC is patient on offense and gets good looks. With that said SV is a very good team as well. Win or loose this was a good game for them to get ready for the post season because truth be told there isnt a team in the 15th that is within 20 points of SV. The 14th is a much stronger region this year. Good luck to both teams in the post season. I think folks from the mountains will be well represented by these two teams in Rupp. I have not seen KCC play this year but it sounds like PCC will have a tougher road to Rupp than SV with Hazard, KCC,Buckhorn and others in that region to contend with.
I am a neutral observer who was at the game simply because I knew it was one of the top games in the mountains and the state last night. I have no dog in the fight. But IMO the game was very well officiated. The same ref who made the walking call on Valley at the end of the game was the same one who made 3 off the ball fouls on Perry during the game on pushing or illegal picks, and took possessions away from them. If he had an agenda to hose Valley he would have never made those calls. He would have overlooked them. But he didn't.
I think, in his opinion, he truly saw a walk at the end of the game. The two kids bumped together a time or two but there was no advantage/disadvantaged gained by it. It looked to me like the SV player tripped over his own feet and fell down. I think that's what the ref saw too. Anyway, officials across the state are reluctant to call a foul in the closing minutes to determine the outcome of a game. It would really have to be a hard foul for it to happen. The ref either had to make a no-call, a foul, or a walk, and he chose the latter.
Also was going to mention there was 31+ minutes of basketball played before the foul/walk/nocall/ how ever you want to see it occurred. This didnt decide the game.
Brian Milam Wrote:Everyone will see the play in question on Sports Overtime. *BUT*, watch right before Justice gets the ball.... Confusedhh:

Does anyone know what happened that Milam is referring to?
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I am a neutral observer who was at the game simply because I knew it was one of the top games in the mountains and the state last night. I have no dog in the fight. But IMO the game was very well officiated. The same ref who made the walking call on Valley at the end of the game was the same one who made 3 off the ball fouls on Perry during the game on pushing or illegal picks, and took possessions away from them. If he had an agenda to hose Valley he would have never made those calls. He would have overlooked them. But he didn't.
I think, in his opinion, he truly saw a walk at the end of the game. The two kids bumped together a time or two but there was no advantage/disadvantaged gained by it. It looked to me like the SV player tripped over his own feet and fell down. I think that's what the ref saw too. Anyway, officials across the state are reluctant to call a foul in the closing minutes to determine the outcome of a game. It would really have to be a hard foul for it to happen. The ref either had to make a no-call, a foul, or a walk, and he chose the latter.

:Thumbs:
baseline Jumper Wrote:Also was going to mention there was 31+ minutes of basketball played before the foul/walk/nocall/ how ever you want to see it occurred. This didnt decide the game.

:Thumbs:
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I am a neutral observer who was at the game simply because I knew it was one of the top games in the mountains and the state last night. I have no dog in the fight. But IMO the game was very well officiated. The same ref who made the walking call on Valley at the end of the game was the same one who made 3 off the ball fouls on Perry during the game on pushing or illegal picks, and took possessions away from them. If he had an agenda to hose Valley he would have never made those calls. He would have overlooked them. But he didn't.
Excellent post. Most people in the stands are not unbiased observers and miss these kind of things. I was not at the game but from watching the highlights it looked as though Justice was going into the defender creating some of the bumping himself. He is a very smart player who was trying to get a call and didnt. Good job by the ref IMO not falling into that trap.
baseline Jumper Wrote:Excellent post. Most people in the stands are not unbiased observers and miss these kind of things. I was not at the game but from watching the highlights it looked as though Justice was going into the defender creating some of the bumping himself. He is a very smart player who was trying to get a call and didnt. Good job by the ref IMO not falling into that trap.

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
Aslan Wrote::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:

you got way to much time on your hands big cheetah
baller4life Wrote:you got way to much time on your hands big cheetah

On a Saturday mourning, I guess I do haha.
So, has anyone figured out just what the **** Milam was hinting at....."right before Justice gets the ball" ? I have watched over and over, freeze-framed, still can't see anything out of the ordinary.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wow, this is a shocker to those of us who have only heard of these teams and not witnessed them.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:So, has anyone figured out just what the **** Milam was hinting at....."right before Justice gets the ball" ? I have watched over and over, freeze-framed, still can't see anything out of the ordinary.

Nope.
Aslan Wrote:Nope.
Can we get Archer on here to clarify things. The true face of Overtime. :1:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
game shouldn't even count
baller4life Wrote:game shouldn't even count

Why your allowed to post is beyond me.
Aslan Wrote:Why your allowed to post is beyond me.

cause the mods know how disgusting and biased you are/ you make the site more aggravating for as many people as me
baller4life Wrote:cause the mods know how disgusting and biased you are/ you make the site more aggravating for as many people as me

I'm disgusting? haha
I'm not biased at all btw. I call it like I see it.
Aslan Wrote:You wasn't even at the game! Your talking about stuff that you know nothing about, as usual.

nope go to wymt and look for yourself...Amis thought it was a rodeo or something...I could see the first or second bump not been called but the 3 on had to be called!However if SV was really UNTOUCHABLE they shouldnt been in that situation!
Aslan Wrote:I'm disgusting? haha
I'm not biased at all btw. I call it like I see it.

yeah.........good win pcc one to be proud of. goodluck tonight valley
theVILLE Wrote:nope go to wymt and look for yourself...Amis thought it was a rodeo or something...I could see the first or second bump not been called but the 3 on had to be called!However if SV was really UNTOUCHABLE they shouldnt been in that situation!

No one ever said they was untouchable. Heck, Knott Co stayed within 5 points of them so we know there not.
Looks like there is a lot of debate on who is the best team in eKY. But can't we all just be happy that there are a lot of good teams in eKY?

Let's cheer on both the 14th region and 15th regions at state :Cheerlead
baseline Jumper Wrote:Also was going to mention there was 31+ minutes of basketball played before the foul/walk/nocall/ how ever you want to see it occurred. This didnt decide the game.

Nope but at any other point in the game it owuld have been a foul..well maybe not at that gym but anywhere else!:biggrin:
Aslan Wrote:No one ever said they was untouchable. Heck, Knott Co stayed within 5 points of them so we know there not.

Actually Knott came out nervous and was down by 23 points..and had to battle back...
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next