Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Whitley Co.
43.33%
Corbin
56.67%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#5 Corbin @ Whitley County 8/21
Can't find my prediction. Just kidding Confusednicker:
Let me remind you 64SUR:

WC 28
Corbin 17
Confusednicker:
Corbin 35 Whitley 21
Corbins got this one
Corbin will win this game going away.... Just like my earlier prediction. Woods will be on the run all night. Hide and watch.
bcpc Wrote:Corbin will win this game going away.... Just like my earlier prediction. Woods will be on the run all night. Hide and watch.

Woods is always on the run and will keep the Corbin defense on the run.
As long as he is on the run towards the sideline or the ground then the hounds will be ok. I don't see him as a QB that is able to pick the hounds apart tho... I think Corbin will keep him out of bounds or on the ground tho. Hounds D is just too tuff for Whitley.... Anxious to see the opening of the playbook on both sides tho.
bcpc Wrote:As long as he is on the run towards the sideline or the ground then the hounds will be ok. I don't see him as a QB that is able to pick the hounds apart tho... I think Corbin will keep him out of bounds or on the ground tho. Hounds D is just too tuff for Whitley.... Anxious to see the opening of the playbook on both sides tho.

I know Woods can pick the "Hounds" apart. Its just on his WR's whether or not they catch the ball. Corbin's defensive secondary is very inexperienced. That's not a knock on them, just the simple truth. Whitley's offensive line didn't look to bad and I think they'll give Woods time, but I also think Corbin gets to him a few times as well. Woods has been running this type of offense and being a dual threat for years now.
It doesn't matter though if Whitley gives up big plays and doesn't improve on defense. Woods and Whitley will score. That's a guarantee. The question is how many points will they need.
There is one thing about it..... Won't be long till we see what both teams really have.. Be a great early game and I'm sure the surroundings will be nothing but Hype on both sides..... Can't wait till Friday !!
bcpc Wrote:As long as he is on the run towards the sideline or the ground then the hounds will be ok. I don't see him as a QB that is able to pick the hounds apart tho... I think Corbin will keep him out of bounds or on the ground tho. Hounds D is just too tuff for Whitley.... Anxious to see the opening of the playbook on both sides tho.

apparently you haven't seen him play. I hope the hounds weren't putting any effort into the scrimmage at all because the Harlan County quarterback was picking them apart. Corbin has a good team ,but some of you arrogant fans are pumping them up to be better than they are Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I know Woods can pick the "Hounds" apart. Its just on his WR's whether or not they catch the ball. Corbin's defensive secondary is very inexperienced. That's not a knock on them, just the simple truth. Whitley's offensive line didn't look to bad and I think they'll give Woods time, but I also think Corbin gets to him a few times as well. Woods has been running this type of offense and being a dual threat for years now.
It doesn't matter though if Whitley gives up big plays and doesn't improve on defense. Woods and Whitley will score. That's a guarantee. The question is how many points will they need.

Luke, was thrown to the dawgs in the playoffs at Pulaski County as a freshman. He has played against the best and is a battle tested competitor. You can bet he will come to play Friday.
pjdoug Wrote:apparently you haven't seen him play. I hope the hounds weren't putting any effort into the scrimmage at all because the Harlan County quarterback was picking them apart. Corbin has a good team ,but some of you arrogant fans are pumping them up to be better than they are Confusednicker:

Being arrogant and knowing football. One is a mindset, the other is knowledge.. I'm not arrogant at all... I said the Hounds would lose 2 games this season, just not against Whitley. Corbin, nor Haddix will let one player (woods) beat him. I'll put a steak dinner on it if you will?:popcorn:
Going with WCHS in a very close one.
Will be a fun game. Woods for my money is best player in the area. Depending on how much help he gets will determine the game. Whitley will have to play a clean game to win but they are capable.
bcpc Wrote:Being arrogant and knowing football. One is a mindset, the other is knowledge.. I'm not arrogant at all... I said the Hounds would lose 2 games this season, just not against Whitley. Corbin, nor Haddix will let one player (woods) beat him. I'll put a steak dinner on it if you will?:popcorn:

While Whitley may loose to Corbin they are in no shape or form a one man team. They have a lot of experienced play makers albeit young. Whitley according to the many coaches that I know played over 30 kids a game and did not graduate but 4-5 actual kids that played significant minutes. Whitley was 1-2 plays away from winning 3-4 more games. While Whitley is not where they need to be Chappell and staff has them going in the right direction.
bcpc Wrote:Being arrogant and knowing football. One is a mindset, the other is knowledge.. I'm not arrogant at all... I said the Hounds would lose 2 games this season, just not against Whitley. Corbin, nor Haddix will let one player (woods) beat him. I'll put a steak dinner on it if you will?:popcorn:

You have no knowledge of Luke Woods and he is not the only player on the team therefore you are arrogant.Luke Woods is probably the best quarterback Corbin will face all season.if his line gives him time he will give Corbin all they want.
Just speaking my own personal opinion here, but Corbin is going on the road, with a talented but inexperienced QB, and a brand new secondary. I look for them to remind you of Corbin of old. I think they will come out trying to run the football, take the pressure off Sizemores arm so much. If Whitley can shut down Corbin's run game, they will win. I say Corbin wins an ugly 28-14, clock shortened, possession limited type of game.

Jmo
The Spread Wrote:Just speaking my own personal opinion here, but Corbin is going on the road, with a talented but inexperienced QB, and a brand new secondary. I look for them to remind you of Corbin of old. I think they will come out trying to run the football, take the pressure off Sizemores arm so much. If Whitley can shut down Corbin's run game, they will win. I say Corbin wins an ugly 28-14, clock shortened, possession limited type of game.

Jmo
Whitleys runs defense was suspect last year, if I was Haddix that is where I would attack...If Whitley has improved there then they have a chance to win...Woods will drive Corbin's defense crazy if they don't contain him...I look for a close one....
Whitley 21-20
Colonel Wrote:While Whitley may loose to Corbin they are in no shape or form a one man team. They have a lot of experienced play makers albeit young. Whitley according to the many coaches that I know played over 30 kids a game and did not graduate but 4-5 actual kids that played significant minutes. Whitley was 1-2 plays away from winning 3-4 more games. While Whitley is not where they need to be Chappell and staff has them going in the right direction.

Whitley lost more than you are letting on, including 6 of the top 7 with the most tackles off of their defense. Offensively they lost their top 3 RB's and also their best receiver.

I do believe that Chappell has them going in the right direction though.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Whitley lost more than you are letting on, including 6 of the top 7 with the most tackles off of their defense. Offensively they lost their top 3 RB's and also their best receiver.

I do believe that Chappell has them going in the right direction though.

I partailly agree with the Colonel's asessment and yours :biggrin: . Whitley is obviously in building mode and not where they want to be yet,but they ain't a one man show either,although the loss of their top running back hurts them a lot.I think the man up on top of the press box will be able to help keep The Colonels in this game.
pjdoug Wrote:You have no knowledge of Luke Woods and he is not the only player on the team therefore you are arrogant.Luke Woods is probably the best quarterback Corbin will face all season.if his line gives him time he will give Corbin all they want.

I'm not saying woods is a bad player.. I'm sure he will be one of the best they play in the regular season. I jus don't think for a second he will have all day long to throw. He will be throwing on the run... I'd say this is gonna be a wild and crazy atmosphere for both teams and wouldn't matter which field it was played on. Not your normal away game. I'd say Corbin will have their share of fans at the game as well. Maybe as many as the home team. I also previously stated that Whitley had some dandy athletic receivers. But this game will be won or lost at the line of scrimmage.. Go Hounds! Better believe Greer and Haddix will be up for this game, and have their kids ready.
bcpc Wrote:I'm not saying woods is a bad player.. I'm sure he will be one of the best they play in the regular season. I jus don't think for a second he will have all day long to throw. He will be throwing on the run... I'd say this is gonna be a wild and crazy atmosphere for both teams and wouldn't matter which field it was played on. Not your normal away game. I'd say Corbin will have their share of fans at the game as well. Maybe as many as the home team. I also previously stated that Whitley had some dandy athletic receivers. But this game will be won or lost at the line of scrimmage.. Go Hounds! Better believe Greer and Haddix will be up for this game, and have their kids ready.

You said he isn't the type of quarterback that can pick the Hounds apart and he is exactly that type. I dont think he will have all day either.Have you never seen this kid play? He is always on the run. Corbin is obviously the favorite but if Woods sees any daylight he will give Corbin defenders fits. I hope Greer's defense plays exactly like it did in the last game Corbin played Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:You said he isn't the type of quarterback that can pick the Hounds apart and he is exactly that type. I dont think he will have all day either.Have you never seen this kid play? He is always on the run. Corbin is obviously the favorite but if Woods sees any daylight he will give Corbin defenders fits. I hope Greer's defense plays exactly like it did in the last game Corbin played Confusednicker:

Remember my predictions pjdoug..Confusedmoke: Running Clock
Hounds big.
Corbin - 34

Whitley County - 21
pjdoug Wrote:You said he isn't the type of quarterback that can pick the Hounds apart and he is exactly that type. I dont think he will have all day either.Have you never seen this kid play? He is always on the run. Corbin is obviously the favorite but if Woods sees any daylight he will give Corbin defenders fits. I hope Greer's defense plays exactly like it did in the last game Corbin played Confusednicker:

Corbin is going to rush 4 & drop everybody else back in the zone with 1 linebacker keying on the qb run. They dont feel that whitley county can move it consistent enough to beat them unless they gamble on defense.
The Outsider Wrote:Corbin is going to rush 4 & drop everybody else back in the zone with 1 linebacker keying on the qb run. They dont feel that whitley county can move it consistent enough to beat them unless they gamble on defense.

I truly hope this is what happens.
The only team that ive seen try that allowed Woods to run for a first down every play.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I truly hope this is what happens.
The only team that ive seen try that allowed Woods to run for a first down every play.
Confusednicker:
I have watched Woods play, he is without a doubt the best athlete that will step on the Field Friday. But, I just don't think they are near as deep as Corbin. I think like the other posters above said, I think Corbin will line up and control the ball atleast the first half. Second half they will still be fresh and Whitleys guys will be gassed from playing both ways. Will be close at first, then Corbin pulls away in the 3rd qtr. Hopefully the hounds send atleast 6 every play! They need Woods nervous.
HighViz Wrote:I have watched Woods play, he is without a doubt the best athlete that will step on the Field Friday. But, I just don't think they are near as deep as Corbin. I think like the other posters above said, I think Corbin will line up and control the ball atleast the first half. Second half they will still be fresh and Whitleys guys will be gassed from playing both ways. Will be close at first, then Corbin pulls away in the 3rd qtr. Hopefully the hounds send atleast 6 every play! They need Woods nervous.

If they send 6 every play they will get burned!!!
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next