Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Whitley Co.
43.33%
Corbin
56.67%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#5 Corbin @ Whitley County 8/21
How will it end up?
I have to go with the Hounds... Defense is gonna be tough. Running game will be too strong. And, the platoon system will allow them to be fresh the whole game. Haddix Hounds pull away, Corbin 42 Whitley 14
Go colonels :Cheerlead
Wow this is a little early from me predicting a score. I have already been teasing pjdoug about a running clock but here goes.

Corbin 48
Whitley County 12

Confusedmoke:
I honestly think Corbin should be the favorite at this point in time but I'm going with The Colonels 28-21
Demarcus ware Wrote:Go colonels :Cheerlead

:Thumbs:
HighViz Wrote:I have to go with the Hounds... Defense is gonna be tough. Running game will be too strong. And, the platoon system will allow them to be fresh the whole game. Haddix Hounds pull away, Corbin 42 Whitley 14

If Whitley gets beat 42-14 by Corbin, they need to just go ahead and hang up the cleats and start working on next year. If Corbin pounds them at Whitley that bad, Whitley wont make the playoffs.

HOWEVER, it wont happen, At least I don't think it will. I see a game where the game is back and forth the entire game with Corbin pulling out to a little lead and then having to stop Whitley from throwing it all over the field and trying to win the game.

Im not just saying this because Im a Whitley fan and have lived and worked in Corbin my entire life, but this HAS to be the most anticipated game this area has seen in a very, very long time. If youre going to the game, you better get there early. Hopefully Whitley will pull the middle school bleachers over on the visitors side for extra seating. Id say it will be standing room only.

In the end, the best I can hope for is a great first game of the year, with both teams looking extremely good, and as long as both teams play, and play the game the way it should be played, then that's all I can ask for.

Im picking Corbin to go 9-1 this year. It would be 10-0 if it weren't for Whitley. There is no way in Satans burning Hell I will ever pick Corbin over Whitley in football if its a 100 point spread, Whitley plays with 3 players and the coaches all quit on gameday. Its goes against my basic morals and principles. However, I will be attending with co workers so ill be sitting on the Corbin side. If you see some random guy cheering for Whitley on the Corbin side, it will most likely be me. Half my family will be on one side while half will be on the other side. This is the way it should be folks.

Whitley 39
Corbin 38

Luke Woods 41-65 Passing, 400 yards, 150 rushing yards.

Can e go ahead and play tomorrow?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If Whitley gets beat 42-14 by Corbin, they need to just go ahead and hang up the cleats and start working on next year. If Corbin pounds them at Whitley that bad, Whitley wont make the playoffs.

HOWEVER, it wont happen, At least I don't think it will. I see a game where the game is back and forth the entire game with Corbin pulling out to a little lead and then having to stop Whitley from throwing it all over the field and trying to win the game.

Im not just saying this because Im a Whitley fan and have lived and worked in Corbin my entire life, but this HAS to be the most anticipated game this area has seen in a very, very long time. If youre going to the game, you better get there early. Hopefully Whitley will pull the middle school bleachers over on the visitors side for extra seating. Id say it will be standing room only.

In the end, the best I can hope for is a great first game of the year, with both teams looking extremely good, and as long as both teams play, and play the game the way it should be played, then that's all I can ask for.

Im picking Corbin to go 9-1 this year. It would be 10-0 if it weren't for Whitley. There is no way in Satans burning Hell I will ever pick Corbin over Whitley in football if its a 100 point spread, Whitley plays with 3 players and the coaches all quit on gameday. Its goes against my basic morals and principles. However, I will be attending with co workers so ill be sitting on the Corbin side. If you see some random guy cheering for Whitley on the Corbin side, it will most likely be me. Half my family will be on one side while half will be on the other side. This is the way it should be folks.

Whitley 39
Corbin 38

Luke Woods 41-65 Passing, 400 yards, 150 rushing yards.

Can e go ahead and play tomorrow?

it is exciting for sure and Whitley ain't gonna roll over and play dead like 64 thinks.there will probably be an attendance record for this one.
pjdoug Wrote:it is exciting for sure and Whitley ain't gonna roll over and play dead like 64 thinks.there will probably be an attendance record for this one.

I didn't say Whitley was going to play dead. QB Luke woods want let that happen one of my favorite basketball and football player in this area. I didn't start this thread only made a prediction. I am also a Coach Chappell fan he will turn Whitley program around give him time. I'm just a little curious did Whitley signed him for a 10 year deal or 2 yrs. :popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:I didn't say Whitley was going to play dead. QB Luke woods want let that happen one of my favorite basketball and football player in this area. I didn't start this thread only made a prediction. I am also a Coach Chappell fan he will turn Whitley program around give him time. I'm just a little curious did Whitley signed him for a 10 year deal or 2 yrs. :popcorn:

running clock 48-12 is playing dead.if you're a fan of his send him some players Smile.no idea how long he signed for or how long he wants to stay.maybe he will respond and let us know Smile
pjdoug Wrote:it is exciting for sure and Whitley ain't gonna roll over and play dead like 64 thinks.there will probably be an attendance record for this one.

There are two games I think could possibly hold the attendance record at Whitley (I don't think theres official stats for that)

One is Whitley/Bell playing for a district title in the mid 90'. I think it was 95, back when we still had the big fence in the back of the north end zone where the concession stand is, I want to say obviously there wasn't a seat, but there were people sitting on others people shoulders in the back of the end zone for that one. Bell won.

The other (and the one I think holds the record, at least of the games ive witnessed) is Whitley/Bell my sophomore year in 99. I remember hearing the school admins being worried the big bleachers at Whitley on the home side were going to collapse. People were on the hills at the middle school, I think a couple of teachers actually went on top of the middle school or Central to watch. They were literally swaying back and forth and there was no where to see the game if you weren't standing up around the fence which went 2 and 3 rows deep. We won after Bell dropped a TD pass to win the game. There was easily tice as many people at that game as there was at the 08 state semis against Highlands. 99's the same year we were a missed extra point away against Rock away from being district champs. Instead, it cost us a three way tie which we got the three seed. That was the year Lawrence was unreal and eliminated all three of us from the playoffs back to back to back before getting drilled themselves by Highlands. IDK what happened there, they were better than that, but Highlands was on that run of Lorenzen in 98 and the Guildulgi or however you spell it in 99 and 00.
That was GOOD football those few years all over the state. The quality was unreal.
64SUR Wrote:I didn't say Whitley was going to play dead. QB Luke woods want let that happen one of my favorite basketball and football player in this area. I didn't start this thread only made a prediction. I am also a Coach Chappell fan he will turn Whitley program around give him time. I'm just a little curious did Whitley signed him for a 10 year deal or 2 yrs. :popcorn:

Depends on what certain board members want to do Confusednicker:

If they screw up and take someone out that is actually getting numbers out and turning the program around for someone fresh out of college, im coming to Corbin to cheer on the Hounds from now on. I will have officially lost all hope for the leadership of that admin.

Hopefully they wont let certain ones dictate what happens there.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:There are two games I think could possibly hold the attendance record at Whitley (I don't think theres official stats for that)

One is Whitley/Bell playing for a district title in the mid 90'. I think it was 95, back when we still had the big fence in the back of the north end zone where the concession stand is, I want to say obviously there wasn't a seat, but there were people sitting on others people shoulders in the back of the end zone for that one. Bell won.

The other (and the one I think holds the record, at least of the games ive witnessed) is Whitley/Bell my sophomore year in 99. I remember hearing the school admins being worried the big bleachers at Whitley on the home side were going to collapse. People were on the hills at the middle school, I think a couple of teachers actually went on top of the middle school or Central to watch. They were literally swaying back and forth and there was no where to see the game if you weren't standing up around the fence which went 2 and 3 rows deep. We won after Bell dropped a TD pass to win the game. There was easily tice as many people at that game as there was at the 08 state semis against Highlands. 99's the same year we were a missed extra point away against Rock away from being district champs. Instead, it cost us a three way tie which we got the three seed. That was the year Lawrence was unreal and eliminated all three of us from the playoffs back to back to back before getting drilled themselves by Highlands. IDK what happened there, they were better than that, but Highlands was on that run of Lorenzen in 98 and the Guildulgi or however you spell it in 99 and 00.
That was GOOD football those few years all over the state. The quality was unreal.
I was at all those games and hope the Whitley/Corbin series at least matches that. The Highlands game in 08 was colddddd. it sucked to take a long trip to Louisa and watch the awesome running attack dismantle the Colonels lol
I call all bets that Corbin D will not let Whitley score 28 in this game...... Coach Greer will have the Harley tuned up! The D line and secondary is gonna be t u double ff. I can't say the offense will start out great. Anything can happen, but Sizemore will be a load to bring down if the pass isn't there. Remember, all bets.
A lot depends on Whitley's conditioning. Can they keep up with fresh legs??
HighViz Wrote:I call all bets that Corbin D will not let Whitley score 28 in this game...... Coach Greer will have the Harley tuned up! The D line and secondary is gonna be t u double ff. I can't say the offense will start out great. Anything can happen, but Sizemore will be a load to bring down if the pass isn't there. Remember, all bets.

like he had it tuned up against Central?:oooo:
pjdoug Wrote:like he had it tuned up against Central?:oooo:
Confusednicker: total meltdown
Corbin by 3 TD's
So you are putting central and Whitley in the same category? Also, all that defense is a year older, and quite a bit bigger and stronger as far as the D-line goes. I'm not anti Whitley Co at all... I hope they do well and keep it close, but Corbin's strong point should be the D. And their O will rely heavily on the growing pains of a first year starting QB.
If i still lived in Corbin i would definitely be at this game, i think it will be a barn burner, like someone said, the crowd will set records for these two schools.
Remember the days back in 68,69,70, Whitley County would run the regular school buses and anybody could ride. Always standing room only in basketball and football. miss the good old days.
I wouldn't attend this game on a bet!!
HighViz Wrote:I call all bets that Corbin D will not let Whitley score 28 in this game...... Coach Greer will have the Harley tuned up! The D line and secondary is gonna be t u double ff. I can't say the offense will start out great. Anything can happen, but Sizemore will be a load to bring down if the pass isn't there. Remember, all bets.

You have to take into account that Corbin lost all of their starters in the defensive backfield and that this will be the first game of the season, add in the fact that Woods is a very good QB, and 28 points does not seem out of reach. I believe they will be better against the pass as the DB's get experience, but this will be the first start for most of the defense.

Corbin will need to get pressure on the QB, but if they decide to only rush 3 like they did against Central, Woods may pick them apart.
Who Cares!??? Both of these teams are 2nd and 3rd in the County behind the Big Orange!
go big orange

The fact that Greer is the one calling the defense is what leads me to suspect it will be more than 28.
Before you tell me about it, know that I played under Greers defense my senior year. There wasn't a team in the state that could run on us but were still on the field trying to figure out how to stop a simple pass 14 years later.

28 is a big number. I very well may have overreached on that, but I may very well have under shot myself by half too. It just depends on Corbin and there pressure. Like SEKY said, its the first game of the year as well. Hard to adjust your first game in, and hes also right about the pressure. If Corbin cant get to Woods, 28 points might happen before halftime. Whitley lines should be better than its been the past 4 or 5 years. However, if Corbin is in Woods face all night and the DB's are playing good fundamental football, then Whitley might not get to 14.

Best part about this game? Its the first game of the year. Nobody knows anything.
baller1989 Wrote:Who Cares!??? Both of these teams are 2nd and 3rd in the County behind the Big Orange!

:flush:

If you don't mind, is it possible in the future that any kids from Whitley and Corbin that is on Wburg's roster come play in this game for there original team? :trolldad:
Corbin 28-20
Demarcus ware Wrote:Confusednicker: total meltdown

You got that right.:truestory:
HighViz Wrote:So you are putting central and Whitley in the same category? Also, all that defense is a year older, and quite a bit bigger and stronger as far as the D-line goes. I'm not anti Whitley Co at all... I hope they do well and keep it close, but Corbin's strong point should be the D. And their O will rely heavily on the growing pains of a first year starting QB.

I said nothing about categories.You were bragging on your defensive guru that costs the hounds a loss in the playoffs. Whitley County is gonna spread the field and force you to defend them just like Central did.I hope the team underestimates Whitley like you are doing.if they do you will be disappointed.
  • 1(current)
  • Next