•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where will Dudley Hilton coach at next year?
trenches14 Wrote:losing to middlesboro, corbin, and harlan county is why mills will be gone.:flush:

Mills can join the staff at Whitley and help coach the defense Confusednicker:
kcfan#1 Wrote:Or stay at KC where everyone loved him and what he did for the community...

How old is Wayne Mills?
insideinfo Wrote:There seems to be a group from Harlan Co putting on a big push for DUDLEY.

there may be a few idiots wanting him, but the majority would push for him to never enter HC.
I know plenty who would push him off the mountain
I had a couple of posters, one in particular, who challenged me in another thread because I made the comment that I would never watch a Harlan County Black Bear game that was under Coach Hilton. And I won't either.

Everyone has a right to their opinion, and I'm sure there are several Black Bear fans that would like to see him at the helm. I, for one, would not.
Well there is a group trying real hard to make it happen.
If you guys think Larkey is stubborn Dudley is twice as bad. What is Dudley's record against Tom? That would not be a move in the right direction for Harlan Co.
insideinfo Wrote:Well there is a group trying real hard to make it happen.

There is also a group that wants rid of President Obama, but its not happening.

I am so shocked that we have people in the county that is ready to bail after 1 bad yr in our history. And to want a guy like dudley is what is even worse. Im willing to bet dudley has contacted people in HC like he has in Bell and trying to backstab his way into the job.

Thank God we have some smart administrators who DONT want him.
Dudley for president with Cotton as VP. Bring him to HC, we'll take a state champion coach any day.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Dudley for president with Cotton as VP. Bring him to HC, we'll take a state champion coach any day.

And just how much better will he do than coach larkey

I doubt he would ever make it past the semis since highlands is back in

I think the kids deserve better than what dudley brings

but not shocked you want a change, just glad 95% dont think like you
insideinfo Wrote:Well there is a group trying real hard to make it happen.

I don't know why they're trying to make it happen; we already have a coach. Larkey has already gotten next season under way, and hasn't indicated to anyone that he's leaving.

Believe me, this job is Larkey's until HE doesn't want it anymore.
Bear booster Wrote:And just how much better will he do than coach larkey

Yeah let's just give up. Not everyone wants to just throw in the towel and be a looser like you. Glad 95% don't think like you. Since you speak for 95% of the county and all. I'm betting more think like me that want to win than think like you and want to lose. Of course you could always keep blaming the kids like you've done the second half of the season. How many rings does Dudley have? And now how many does larkey have? You don't have to answer we all know the answer Confusednicker:
Demarcus ware Wrote:Yeah let's just give up. Not everyone wants to just throw in the towel and be a looser like you. Glad 95% don't think like you. Since you speak for 95% of the county and all. I'm betting more think like me that want to win than think like you and want to lose. Of course you could always keep blaming the kids like you've done the second half of the season. How many rings does Dudley have? And now how many does larkey have? You don't have to answer we all know the answer Confusednicker:

I doubt any coach we have wants to lose and only 1 coach threw in the towel and he isnt a coach anymore

I blame youth, injuries, quitters for our bad season.

I dont know how many rings dudley has, i really dont care either, I look for who is going to lead our kids into being a better person in life. dudley looks out for dudley and dont care what happens to a kid after football. Ask some of his former players as I have talked to them, most despise him and only played because they loved football and that was all they had done and would have went elsewhere but couldnt.
The coaches we have now care about the kids and want to win.
Bear booster Wrote:I doubt any coach we have wants to lose and only 1 coach threw in the towel and he isnt a coach anymore

I blame youth, injuries, quitters for our bad season.

I dont know how many rings dudley has, i really dont care either, I look for who is going to lead our kids into being a better person in life. dudley looks out for dudley and dont care what happens to a kid after football. Ask some of his former players as I have talked to them, most despise him and only played because they loved football and that was all they had done and would have went elsewhere but couldnt.
The coaches we have now care about the kids and want to win.
Oh I'm sorry I thought this was a football forum, I must have wondered off into the popularity contest thread. Football is a sport and the objective is to win. Dudley knows winning state championships, unlike the present staff. If you call two or three coaches a staff. If HC could even put a staff together I would be impressed. But no chance of that happening. Dark days ahead in HC.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Oh I'm sorry I thought this was a football forum, I must have wondered off into the popularity contest thread. Football is a sport and the objective is to win. Dudley knows winning state championships, unlike the present staff. If you call two or three coaches a staff. If HC could even put a staff together I would be impressed. But no chance of that happening. Dark days ahead in HC.

We can agree to disagree.

If you think being to 2 semi finals and region championships isnt knowing how to win, then sorry.

Winning isnt everything, life lessons and having consequences is what football teaches our kids.

You act as if we have a team that compares to someone like Trinity or some powerhouse schools.
We dont have that type of kid or family/unit structure. We have a lot of poor kids from single parent familues who have a very hard life. The last thing our kids need is some ego maniac who cares less about them than some in their own family do.
Bear booster Wrote:We can agree to disagree.

If you think being to 2 semi finals and region championships isnt knowing how to win, then sorry.

Winning isnt everything, life lessons and having consequences is what football teaches our kids.

You act as if we have a team that compares to someone like Trinity or some powerhouse schools.
We dont have that type of kid or family/unit structure. We have a lot of poor kids from single parent familues who have a very hard life. The last thing our kids need is some ego maniac who cares less about them than some in their own family do.
Yeah every school has that. Oh well guess there is always the debate team that could cuddle them.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Yeah every school has that. Oh well guess there is always the debate team that could cuddle them.

I dont care about other schools, just mine and what I said it the truth.

I feel its worse here based on travel for kids and our poverty level and no jobs.

Our future for our kids is for them to get out and go to college and get a job. Not just be content living here drawing welfare. And know someone cares.

Our coaches care for these kids and the kids know that.
Bear booster Wrote:I dont care about other schools, just mine and what I said it the truth.

I feel its worse here based on travel for kids and our poverty level and no jobs.

Our future for our kids is for them to get out and go to college and get a job. Not just be content living here drawing welfare. And know someone cares.

Our coaches care for these kids and the kids know that.
No its not worse, but that sounds like a legit reason to blame things on. As long as everyone is cuddled then football doesn't matter.. We could always hold hands and sing kumbaya before games I suppose.
Does it count if you only like to cuddle with the ladies?
NO!!

Confusednicker:
Dud is one of the best High School coaches to ever step on the field in Ky..... Say what you want but he is a good man, he has high expectations for his self and his players.. You will find thru a lil investigating that most of his kids that played and sacrificed for him and his team both liked and respected him... So what if he does things and expects free stuff, that's a drop in the bucket to what he brings in. Also, if you had won as many games/championships as him, you would be a lil conceded as well. I still say he stays in central Ky.... And, doubt he would ever even wanna go back to bell. He don't need the house, the man will nvr worry bout a place to rest his head......
Bear booster Wrote:And just how much better will he do than coach larkey

IMHO, this is what kept him from coming to Whitley.
Theres no incentive to coach somewhere when you have teams that move classes when they want. The 5A east over the past 4 years has been a lot of fun because theres been so much parity. Now its back to being boring with the Cincinnati all stars coming back.
All I can really say on the topic is..I've not saw the for sale signs on the side of the road to go towards Dudley's house the past few times I've been up log mountain, but I've really not paid any attention. I don't care if he moves back to Bell Co. or not. Dudley isn't a bad person, he's actually a pretty interesting guy to talk to, in my personal experiences with him, he doesn't act like he's above anyone in the county. With that said, I hope he doesn't come back. I wish more Bell Co. fans would get their heads out of his..well..you know. We have a fantastic coach right now, who has been operating with lets be honest, not really anywhere near the kind of talent Dudley has had. Mills has received very little respect from bell co fans as compared to what we gave Dud, and that kind of treatment isn't deserved. The guy is a great coach, look what he done for KC, he turned them from nothing into legit contenders when he was given time. It'd honestly be a typical Dudley move to come back and pick up a pretty well coached talented team that's going to be loaded with seniors and juniors next year and push deep into the playoffs and take all the credit for it. He is a habitual excuse maker, I remember years ago we lost to rockcastle in the playoffs...complete shutout at rock, and after the game instead of consoling the kids, taking blame for how he could have coached the game differently, he pointed fingers at parents and kids for NOT having enough kids out to play ball, or not having kids who should be playing out because the parents were scared he'd play politics with their kids on the line. We don't need that back here, his championship rings, his track record, his history with Bell is nice to talk about, but I think at this point in time and going further,we're better off without him.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:All I can really say on the topic is..I've not saw the for sale signs on the side of the road to go towards Dudley's house the past few times I've been up log mountain, but I've really not paid any attention. I don't care if he moves back to Bell Co. or not. Dudley isn't a bad person, he's actually a pretty interesting guy to talk to, in my personal experiences with him, he doesn't act like he's above anyone in the county. With that said, I hope he doesn't come back. I wish more Bell Co. fans would get their heads out of his..well..you know. We have a fantastic coach right now, who has been operating with lets be honest, not really anywhere near the kind of talent Dudley has had. Mills has received very little respect from bell co fans as compared to what we gave Dud, and that kind of treatment isn't deserved. The guy is a great coach, look what he done for KC, he turned them from nothing into legit contenders when he was given time. It'd honestly be a typical Dudley move to come back and pick up a pretty well coached talented team that's going to be loaded with seniors and juniors next year and push deep into the playoffs and take all the credit for it. He is a habitual excuse maker, I remember years ago we lost to rockcastle in the playoffs...complete shutout at rock, and after the game instead of consoling the kids, taking blame for how he could have coached the game differently, he pointed fingers at parents and kids for NOT having enough kids out to play ball, or not having kids who should be playing out because the parents were scared he'd play politics with their kids on the line. We don't need that back here, his championship rings, his track record, his history with Bell is nice to talk about, but I think at this point in time and going further,we're better off without him.

Very well said. With that said I still cant see the facination of why a very few in HC want him.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Oh I'm sorry I thought this was a football forum, I must have wondered off into the popularity contest thread. Football is a sport and the objective is to win. Dudley knows winning state championships, unlike the present staff. If you call two or three coaches a staff. If HC could even put a staff together I would be impressed. But no chance of that happening. Dark days ahead in HC.

While Im thinking of it, why dont you have the same passion for the whole school in sports. Why dont you get on here and call for coach jones head since he has never won the region.
At least our football coaches have won the region and been to final 4 twice. thats more than the basketball team can say, go after a team that is very under achieving. Football IMO has made its mark as a very quality program with big wins and advancing in the playoffs. I guess your beef is just with the football coaches. my business supports all sports at the HS, I give a little to each program from Golf to Football. Im more interested in helping the kids in life and general than I am anything. If a coach is good to kids and teaches them responsibility and tries, then thats good for me.
As many kids as I have talked to that come into the store have told me nothing bad about coaches, most when asked about what happened this year have all said the same things, quitters, injuries, tough sched. Not one single player ever blamed a coach, which is usually how that works, parents are the problem with unreal expectations.
Bear booster Wrote:While Im thinking of it, why dont you have the same passion for the whole school in sports. Why dont you get on here and call for coach jones head since he has never won the region.
At least our football coaches have won the region and been to final 4 twice. thats more than the basketball team can say, go after a team that is very under achieving.

This doesn't sound like someone who has "passion for the whole school in sports."
Unless it's football, it's all negative.
Bear booster Wrote:While Im thinking of it, why dont you have the same passion for the whole school in sports. Why dont you get on here and call for coach jones head since he has never won the region.
At least our football coaches have won the region and been to final 4 twice. thats more than the basketball team can say, go after a team that is very under achieving. Football IMO has made its mark as a very quality program with big wins and advancing in the playoffs. I guess your beef is just with the football coaches. my business supports all sports at the HS, I give a little to each program from Golf to Football. Im more interested in helping the kids in life and general than I am anything. If a coach is good to kids and teaches them responsibility and tries, then thats good for me.
As many kids as I have talked to that come into the store have told me nothing bad about coaches, most when asked about what happened this year have all said the same things, quitters, injuries, tough sched. Not one single player ever blamed a coach, which is usually how that works, parents are the problem with unreal expectations.
So you pull for all sports but down some and not others? You are just all over the map aren't you. Plain and simple HC football is done until changes are made. You think this year was bad just wait till next year and the year after. Then what's the excuse gonna be? I for one can't wait till next football season. As for other sports I could care less I prefer football and I'm telling you its all downhill from here unless changes are made. Get someone in there that can at least put a coaching staff together. Bring on Dudley I'll contribute a big chunk to his salary...
HCS Wrote:This doesn't sound like someone who has "passion for the whole school in sports."

I'm at almost every boys and girls basketball game and help fund winter trips for them and spring stuff for baseball
HCS Wrote:This doesn't sound like someone who has "passion for the whole school in sports."

Demarcus ware Wrote:So you pull for all sports but down some and not others? You are just all over the map aren't you. Plain and simple HC football is done until changes are made. You think this year was bad just wait till next year and the year after. Then what's the excuse gonna be? I for one can't wait till next football season. As for other sports I could care less I prefer football and I'm telling you its all downhill from here unless changes are made. Get someone in there that can at least put a coaching staff together. Bring on Dudley I'll contribute a big chunk to his salary...

Give us all your expert opinion on who can't coach thats on this staff.
Bear booster Wrote:Give us all your expert opinion on who can't coach thats on this staff.
What staff? There is no staff. Thats exactly my point. Do you even know what a 5A school football staff should even look like?
Has anything been said about Dudley leaving Taylor County
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next