Poll: Cooper @ Harlan County who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Harlan County
72.22%
Cooper
27.78%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cooper @ Harlan County 11-23-2012
Stardust Wrote:So you have now crossed over to the dark side.....

It's The Force!!!

The Black Bear Force!!!

:boosign:
I'm hurt!
Harlan County's boys are ready.

I have never been more anxious to get Thanksgiving Day over with.
I know this is dumb question, but has anyone heard the BlackBears song on WTUK? I heard it today and it's great! Why have they never played it at a game? I would love to hear it Friday night.
Where can I find this song.?
Daddycat27 Wrote:Where can I find this song.?
I don't know where to get it but it is a great song love to hear it while they warm up before the game .
http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima...worthy.gif
Is it the one John Deaton did?
I wish there was someway we could get the video that RunItUpTheGut posted earlier on this thread to play on the jumbotron.

Some great images on that!
Its a GREAT song. Its bound to be top of the charts

I give up. I don't know how many times and how many ways I can tell you that a grizzly bear is NOT Black Bear!!!!!

Some people never learn.
I look for Harlan Co. to give Cooper a heavy dose of Middleton and Whitehead Friday.
Also Long, Wilson and Bailey
Don't forget Lewis and Chitwood. HC has 7 backs that can punish you or burn you....:yikes:
Bears 33-25.
i see this game being much like the physical battle HC had with knox cent. I see the Bears pulling this one out however 14-7.
Mama Bear Wrote:Is it the one John Deaton did?
I don't know, he has a deep voice.the song talks about the visitors getting off the bus? The black bears stopping them at the goal line, in the rain, not leaving harlan alive? This is not the Brad Paisley song. I think it was done locally. It is great though. If you know the name or where I can download it please post or pm me! Thanks.
Harlan is good but outmatched in this one. Cooper 36-20
Woody Hayes Wrote:Harlan is good but outmatched in this one. Cooper 36-20

I believe you are the smartest man on this site (right after me that is :biggrin: )

[Image: http://media-cache0.pinterest.com/upload...WKSS_b.jpg]
^
Going in reverse i see...
Woody Hayes Wrote:Harlan is good but outmatched in this one. Cooper 36-20

What are Cooper's strengths? Line Play better than ours? Better skill people? What in your opinion makes the difference?
Daddycat27 Wrote:I don't know, he has a deep voice.the song talks about the visitors getting off the bus? The black bears stopping them at the goal line, in the rain, not leaving harlan alive? This is not the Brad Paisley song. I think it was done locally. It is great though. If you know the name or where I can download it please post or pm me! Thanks.

I'm pretty sure it is sung by John Deaton and they play it before the pregame radio show on WTUK every Friday. You can call the WTUK radio station in Harlan.
Outmatched? Nah, i dont think so. This will a nail bitter for sure, but no way does cooper pull away by 16 at anytime. I think this game comes down to whoever commits less turnovers, and can control the clock.
Happy Thanksgiving! The Black Bears are practicing this morning, that is all!
The shootout at the Harlan County coral ends with a Cooper win after scoring 2 point conversion in OT! 50-49 if defense slacks...or 36-35 if defense is on point.

Hope to see a great one if internet coverage is available.
http://www.wymt-tv.com for internet streaming....GOTW
http://www.wtuk1051.com for play by play calling from the best radio announcer in the hills!!!
(fair warning: announcer has 2 grandsons on the team, he is biased and when it gets to the point where he's screaming and you can't understand him....that would indicate HC is running for the goal line)
Granny Bear Wrote:http://www.wymt-tv.com for internet streaming....GOTW
http://www.wtuk1051.com for play by play calling from the best radio announcer in the hills!!!
(fair warning: announcer has 2 grandsons on the team, he is biased and when it gets to the point where he's screaming and you can't understand him....that would indicate HC is running for the goal line)

Thanks for the link...as for the going ballistic, I'd do the same...Beechwood & Highlands are going to take the back seat...this thread has inspired my son and I to watch.....dunh, dunh, dunh...the "Shootout at the Harlan County Coral!"....Gunsmoke style.

Plus we are going to have squirrel to prep and maybe a deer to process. Have a blessed Thanksgiving folks...looking forward to a great game tomorrow night!
The Black Bears are at field practicing now! Can't hardly stand the wait!No matter the outcome, this will be our senior's last game played in Harlan County. So proud of all of these young men.

This has been a very difficult year for our community due to the economic hardship placed on the coal industry. Many of the men and women are laid off and worried about what's to come for our future here. It's been a nice diversion to come together at Coal Miners' Memorial Stadium and cheer in unison for the son's of Harlan County. These boys have a true understanding of what hard work looks like. Most have seen the black dust on their daddy's face and sludge on their boots when they come home from a hard days work. I hope Friday they'll take that Coal miner's spirit onto the field with them.

I'm also very thankful for Coach Larkey's leadership and no quit attitude which has bled over to this team. Many forget it hasn't been a year ago that he had his second major heart surgery and he just keeps on going. I'm very thankful for Coach Canady for the hours and hours of time he puts in watching film and continuing to make our Filthy Animal Defense one of the best in the state. Coach Creech, Farmer, Caldwell, Cole, Reynolds, and Lipford have the task of developing our Bears so that we can be a contender every year. So many hours in the heat and cold away from their families to guide our boys and we are forever thankful. Can't forget Coach Willls for his dedication to our team and for taking care of them when they are hurt. We are blessed to have such a wonderful staff. Very Thankful!!

Go Bears!
Spirit100 Wrote:Thanks for the link...as for the going ballistic, I'd do the same...Beechwood & Highlands are going to take the back seat...this thread has inspired my son and I to watch.....dunh, dunh, dunh...the "Shootout at the Harlan County Coral!"....Gunsmoke style.

Plus we are going to have squirrel to prep and maybe a deer to process. Have a blessed Thanksgiving folks...looking forward to a great game tomorrow night!

We don't eat squirrel anymore...read they were high in cholesterol!

Happy Thanksgiving!
One day till the big game they call it Black Friday but I say lets just call it Black Bear Friday instead!!! The heck with shopping there is a football game to watch. I've done told my wife she can shop all she wants but not me I'm saving my energy that day I'm going to make the hour drive to Harlan an watch those bears represent our area. Really proud to see a team so close to have a chance to go all they way and when they win you can bet your a$$ that I will be at finales next week to cheer on the bears and all the other teams from the deep dark hills of eastern Kentucky!!!!!!!
Cooper wins by one TD - Its hard to play away from your area.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next