Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
54.55%
Corbin
45.45%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County vs. Corbin (3A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP)
Hatz Wrote:Current poll is 45-32 Boyle at the other site. Doesn’t sound like everyone.

Here it’s 14-11 Corbin.

Similar percentages.

I forgot to vote 14-12 now.
campbellfield Wrote:I am amused by this thread when remembering last weeks Corbin/Central thread...As I said in that thread, We got this....

Paraphrasing, obviously....

No way Corbin beats Central, Central put up 60 on Belfry, WOW!
Central is way too fast for Corbin!
Whoever wins Corbin/Central wins state....

Now we have Boyle is too fast for Corbin?
From what I’ve seen Etown was probably a faster team than Boyle, Etown very well could have and arguably should have won that game.
No way Corbin can handle Boyle, too many weapons?
Good luck on our hunt for 4.... if you want to call it #4 that’s fine. We will always call it #6. If you could lay a claim for those other two you would too. Facts are no one else can claim them, especially 1955, I don’t know much about the 1939 team but I’m sure if it was disputed we wouldn’t claim it. I think everyone claims a title that can prior to KHSAA. The only ones that don’t are the ones that can’t.

I agreed with everything you sai except the ETown observation that they should have won.

Boyle left two trips empty inside the 10 and outgained the Panthers for the night.
Rebel55 Wrote:You would think that parking should not be a problem if this place holds over 60,000. The only issue I could see would be the UK students on campus parking in these lots. I don't know? I don't feel this will be a issue. Got to be better than WKU for sure on parking.

My bad that didn’t come out the way I wanted it to. Will the some lots be reserved or closed off? I’ve drove by on Friday’s when UK isn’t playing and the students don’t take up that much. I think it’s almost like a commuter lot for them. It shouldn’t be a problem. But I didn’t know if all the lots will be open or just some, or some reserved.
Hatz Wrote:I agreed with everything you sai except the ETown observation that they should have won.

Boyle left two trips empty inside the 10 and outgained the Panthers for the night.

I will give you that. But, out gaining your opponent doesn’t always = a win. Etown very well could have won this game, I will take back the arguably “should have”. This was either teams game to win once it went to the 4th
campbellfield Wrote:I am amused by this thread when remembering last weeks Corbin/Central thread...As I said in that thread, We got this....

From what I’ve seen Etown was probably a faster team than Boyle, Etown very well could have and arguably should have won that game.
Good luck on our hunt for 4.... if you want to call it #4 that’s fine. We will always call it #6. If you could lay a claim for those other two you would too. Facts are no one else can claim them, especially 1955, I don’t know much about the 1939 team but I’m sure if it was disputed we wouldn’t claim it. I think everyone claims a title that can prior to KHSAA. The only ones that don’t are the ones that can’t.

I like how the hatred for everything corbin sways people’s predictions. You’re right though. I pointed it out in another thread and someone said it was the most classless post he’d ever seen. Still don’t know how anyone took it that way, but oh well everyone’s entitled to an opinion. But it’s like you said, only it’s not just last week. The whole season it was all belfry, and I agree with that one. Until the best is beaten, they are the best. Then central demolished them, and then it took off. It was all central, go ahead and give them the trophy. No one can beat them. Central over corbin by as much as they want. We can’t compete with their speed. They’ll win state for sure. Well.... then they WERE beat. But it was by corbin, so all that from the last 2 weeks are out the window. That, or people have short term memory loss. But I’m with ya. It’s funny how that whole mindset of give them the trophy has went away, especially for the team that did beat them. But I’m cool with it, I hope they keep picking against us, it worked out real good for them last week. Give these kids more reasons to come out with fire in them. I expect Boyle fans to think they are gonna win just as we do. That’s called school spirit, and I’m fine with that, as long as it’s reasonable. And I think this will be a great game. But my comments are directed for those who aren’t affiliated with them, who all we heard about was central this and that
Hatz Wrote:I agreed with everything you sai except the ETown observation that they should have won.

Boyle County also overthrew two wide open receivers. IMO, Elizabethtown was lucky Boyle County didn't come out of there with 28+ points. I was at the game as a neutral unbiased fan.
Hound05 Wrote:I like how the hatred for everything corbin sways people’s predictions. You’re right though. I pointed it out in another thread and someone said it was the most classless post he’d ever seen. Still don’t know how anyone took it that way, but oh well everyone’s entitled to an opinion. But it’s like you said, only it’s not just last week. The whole season it was all belfry, and I agree with that one. Until the best is beaten, they are the best. Then central demolished them, and then it took off. It was all central, go ahead and give them the trophy. No one can beat them. Central over corbin by as much as they want. We can’t compete with their speed. They’ll win state for sure. Well.... then they WERE beat. But it was by corbin, so all that from the last 2 weeks are out the window. That, or people have short term memory loss. But I’m with ya. It’s funny how that whole mindset of give them the trophy has went away, especially for the team that did beat them. But I’m cool with it, I hope they keep picking against us, it worked out real good for them last week. Give these kids more reasons to come out with fire in them. I expect Boyle fans to think they are gonna win just as we do. That’s called school spirit, and I’m fine with that, as long as it’s reasonable. And I think this will be a great game. But my comments are directed for those who aren’t affiliated with them, who all we heard about was central this and that

Exactly brother!

Love being the underdog...
As a neutral unbiased fan I have absolutely enjoyed this thread. Both fan bases aren't backing down from each other. My prediction shall wait....

Not true. I know a school that doesnt claim a title pre khsaa, and they had a team that went unbeaten, and unscored on for the season. They do not claim it. The schools that claim such are the ones with not alot of titles, so they reach for a way to claim more.
ThinBlueLine Wrote:Boyle County also overthrew two wide open receivers. IMO, Elizabethtown was lucky Boyle County didn't come out of there with 28+ points. I was at the game as a neutral unbiased fan.

That happens in most games, Corbin could have been up by a larger margin, or Central could have scored on a couple other plays... that’s football. If’s and buts.... you know what they say.... if if and buts we’re candy and nuts, we would all be state champions, or maybe it’s we would all have a merry Christmas....

Either way...Merry Christmas Hounds!
killbilly usmc Wrote:Not true. I know a school that doesnt claim a title pre khsaa, and they had a team that went unbeaten, and unscored on for the season. They do not claim it. The schools that claim such are the ones with not alot of titles, so they reach for a way to claim more.

Who might that be.
campbellfield Wrote:Who might that be.

?
ThinBlueLine Wrote:As a neutral unbiased fan I have absolutely enjoyed this thread. Both fan bases aren't backing down from each other. My prediction shall wait....

Nope. Just goes to show ya how much pride people have for these two programs. Belfry people as well. You could probably get away with robbing a bank this Friday night in boyle and corbin. Seriously though, DONT! Haha. But I like it that way, games with passion that it is. I don’t think you’ll see it in the 5A game. Maybe even the 4A. Not saying those fan bases aren’t passionate. But Cov cath vs MS? Come on now. I don’t even think JC vs FS will be that much of a game Unless JC has been severely overrated this whole time. Not only do I think this will be the best game on the field, it’ll be the best environment as well. Trinity vs St X will probably be the best, but those are two huge schools with a lot of fans/alumni. MF vs Danville will also be a good one. But this one will be one folks won’t forget for a while. At least I hope anyways.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Not true. I know a school that doesnt claim a title pre khsaa, and they had a team that went unbeaten, and unscored on for the season. They do not claim it. The schools that claim such are the ones with not alot of titles, so they reach for a way to claim more.

Just curious as to why this bothers you so much. Because it’s not just corbin that claims these.

Also, so I guess Alabama’s and Florida’s and do on shouldn’t claim championships prior to the playoffs? It’s basically the same thing.
campbellfield Wrote:That happens in most games, Corbin could have been up by a larger margin, or Central could have scored on a couple other plays... that’s football. If’s and buts.... you know what they say.... if if and buts we’re candy and nuts, we would all be state champions, or maybe it’s we would all have a merry Christmas....

Either way...Merry Christmas Hounds!

I was just eluding to the fact that Boyle County was obviously the better team against Elizabethtown. Not taking anything away from Elizabethtown.

Boyle County wasn't lucky to escape there with the win. I know the statement has sense been recanted but just stating a fact.
Hound05 Wrote:Nope. Just goes to show ya how much pride people have for these two programs. Belfry people as well. You could probably get away with robbing a bank this Friday night in boyle and corbin. Seriously though, DONT! Haha. But I like it that way, games with passion that it is. I don’t think you’ll see it in the 5A game. Maybe even the 4A. Not saying those fan bases aren’t passionate. But Cov cath vs MS? Come on now. I don’t even think JC vs FS will be that much of a game Unless JC has been severely overrated this whole time. Not only do I think this will be the best game on the field, it’ll be the best environment as well. Trinity vs St X will probably be the best, but those are two huge schools with a lot of fans/alumni. MF vs Danville will also be a good one. But this one will be one folks won’t forget for a while. At least I hope anyways.

I believe you're right about the end. This should be the best of the 6 games.

As Hound05 has already stated and I'll reiterate, please don't rob any banks. I don't have time for that. Thanks!
I have had the fortunate opportunity to see both teams play. I'm not sure if anyone else on this thread has but if you haven't already then you're in for a dandy on Friday night.
Ole fat pat will lay it all out for everyone, he is recovering from Thanksgiving at the moment and will return before game time.
Hound05 Wrote:Just curious as to why this bothers you so much. Because it’s not just corbin that claims these.

Also, so I guess Alabama’s and Florida’s and do on shouldn’t claim championships prior to the playoffs? It’s basically the same thing.

Doesn't bother me but I keep hearing how only teams that don't claim mythical titles are the ones that don't have any to claim. Makes no since. Every team could claim a mythical title if they wanted, since there is no such standard to go by. I don't blame a school for claiming the titles that the courier journal named champions, cause yes its kinda like the old college champions, but with Corbin the problem is that yall want to claim 1955, since the courier journal named y'all champs which is reasonable, but then the same people want to claim 1939 when the courier journal named Paducah champs that year. You can't have it both ways and say that we are champs in 55 cause the CJ said so, but we are the champs in 39 even though the same source says you wasn't. I know Caldwell, and Mayfield both had unbeaten teams prior to 36 when CJ started naming champs. So there is no source to dispute either school if they wanted to choose to claim a mythical title, but neither school claims a mythical title, also Paducah does not even claim 39 as a title even though the CJ says they was, so the whole argument that only fans of teams without a CJ title are the ones that says they don't count goes out the window. Like I said Paducah don't claim the one CJ says they have. Ashland had a lot of great teams prior to 36, but many schools could claim mythical titles if they wanted to crown themselves, but most don't. The team that I said that was unscored on was Mayfield in 1920. They finished 8-0-1 with the tie being a College from TN. They outscored opponents 461-7 on the season. The 7 They gave up was in that tie game. So they went 8-0 against high school opponents scoring 454-0, and no-one considers them a champion, so enough of the every one claims one that can. Another piece of history to that year is its the last year, they didn't play Paducah. Paducah refused to play since they where beaten 85-6 the previous year, and Mayfield returned the whole team. 7 from the 20 team went, and played college ball the next year.
If Corbin wants to claim non playoff titles that fine, but just don't keep on saying that everyone claims them that can, and everyone that says they don't count is just a hater, and claim Corbins just don't count because they are jealous because there team doesn't have one to claim. I've gave you an example of teams that could claim a mythical title, but choose not too. Ive gave you proof of a team that was named champion pre playoff that doesn't claim it.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I will talk trash now if I want to but i am choosing not to. Look smoke, i have dealt with them all through the middle school stuff, so unless you was there don’t tell me crap. After we won they was finally shut up until now and i am not going to get back into it. I called that score within 3 points and hit this one in the head also, I told them in September how it would play out.

AND, I have dealt with Corbin fans (some exactly as you are describing Boyle). I have met Belfry fans, right here, same deal. And the worst of all, Mayfield (good Lord don't say anything negative about those guys...). You can talk crap when you want, it's just advice. But I can too, and will always say what I think. I'll be at the championship game, watching eagerly and hoping for a good game. But I will agree with you, you can do what you want, but I am going to have my opinion, like I want and know as well. Everyone gets huffy when they have a good team. This board is full of us.
blackandgold4life Wrote:The reason your receiver was number 1 in 3A is because Boyle didn’t have to throw the ball to the Smith kid as often or he more than likely would have owned that spot. Look at the amount of receptions. Not saying that being ranked number one in that category has any bearing but Boyle does have very good receivers. Last night the QB struggled a little to get the ball to them he made some bad throws but that is part of the game.

We had the number 1 receiver because he is VERY good athletically, he has an offer, academically to go to Stanford, and he does everything as close to "right" as he can. Not saying the Smith kid don't, but I don't want to get into this, our guy is better cause that's all we do stuff. We have PReston Tucker, a kid who ran for around 1500 yards, a 235 pound bruiser who was rated in the top 100 of Kentucky at the first of the year. Kid probably averages 20+ carries a game. Also we use our senior running back Dalton Summers who was our leading rusher last year. He probably had 500+ as well. So we were balanced. The thing you guys have over us is better competition. So I'll give you that. But our WR is very good. My point wasn't that the Smith kid isn't good, or your entire receiving core, but the point of, Corbin's secondary is very very good. But if your guys do blow by them, or are so quick in their routes they just blow Corbin out of the water, I'll be there to see it and give you credit as soon as I get home to hit this board.
I can't make finals would it be worthwile to pay to watch online, or is the video that bad I'd love to watch the 2a, and 3a games.
Rebel55 Wrote:If that is what you meant, that is how you should have worded it but above is what you said. How else are we to take it when you typed The Boyle Fans. You worded it that us Boyle fans are already counting our chickens before they hatch and that is not the truth. You just got caught fudging the truth and we called you out on it. That's all. Good luck and have a safe ride up I75.

I am not a trash talker and try to be courteous to all posters but will defend anything I feel is not truthful about my team.

I thought people had heard the expression before "they are already planning the victory parade." All it meant was they already think they were gonna win. And that's exactly what was going on over there. You can try to twist it like I quoted somebody over a victory parade but thats not what I said. I said the fans over at max(bluegrass) preps Are already planning the victory parade. I didn't quote somebody saying they are really planning a victory parade. Do people even have victory parades anymore? I didn't lie about crap. I'll just have to dumb it down for you and old Jack. I didn't think anyone would actually believe there was a parade being planned. LOL bunch of geniuses over in Boyle county. How bout this: THE FANS ON BLUEGRASS PREPS THINK THEY ARE ALREADY GONNA WIN.
Go read over there and tell me there aren't some way over confident people posting on behalf of Boyle. Maybe they aren't fans but I dont know who every single poster is a fan of. That's all that was meant by the "victory parade." I'm pretty sure everyone else here got that besides you two....
I bet attendance for this one will be through the roof. I am excited. Going to be a physical war. I don't think either team will light up the scoreboard. Look forward to meeting some Boyle fans and having a great contest.

go Hounds!!!
campbellfield Wrote:Who might that be.

I seem to recall, though could be wrong, that Danville has one from the 50’s. I don’t think it’s on the Stadium wall but could be wrong.
This isn't directed at any single particular person but shouldn't every fan/player go into a game thinking that their team is going to win at this time of the year. If you made it to the State finals you have accomplished something really big. Just because someone votes against your team or doesn't think your team is going to win isn't necessarily a sign of disrespect.

I for one am way too excited for this game. I can't say it enough. Two of the more premier programs in the state! What else can you ask for? (No one answer that question).
I could care less people are picking their own team. All I said was people on the other site were already planning the victory parade and I didn't see this game being a blowout like that. Then Harry and Lloyd went scouring the other site for a comment about a victory parade and calling me a liar because they took that figure os speech literally. That's seriously what all of that was about. I feel like I lost a few IQ points in the whole situation as well. I'm not real proud of it.
HOFER Wrote:I thought people had heard the expression before "they are already planning the victory parade." All it meant was they already think they were gonna win. And that's exactly what was going on over there. You can try to twist it like I quoted somebody over a victory parade but thats not what I said. I said the fans over at max(bluegrass) preps Are already planning the victory parade. I didn't quote somebody saying they are really planning a victory parade. Do people even have victory parades anymore? I didn't lie about crap. I'll just have to dumb it down for you and old Jack. I didn't think anyone would actually believe there was a parade being planned. LOL bunch of geniuses over in Boyle county. How bout this: THE FANS ON BLUEGRASS PREPS THINK THEY ARE ALREADY GONNA WIN.

Your initial post insinuated that Boyle Co was overlooking the game and planning the parade. If not BC fans?!?! How can other people that pick BC to win plan a parade?

It's not a huge deal but when you start making it as such ("bunch of geniuses over in Boyle", I'm going to have to let you know others felt the same way.

Why not just drop it?
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next