Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
54.55%
Corbin
45.45%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County vs. Corbin (3A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP)
Thoughts?
Boyle County 21-14
Corbin 21-14
Boyle County 22 Corbin 21
Same teams. Different time. SAME RESULTS.

CORBIN 7th grade STATE CHAMPS
CORBIN 8TH grade STATE CHAMPS
CORBIN HS STATE CHAMPIONS

going for the trifecta!! Clean sweep! Hat trick! 3Peat

Rebels 21 REDHOUNDS 34

HUNT FOR 6!!!
Corbin 28
Boyle 14
Corbin 35
Boyle County 24
Get it done boyle county!
Boyle 27
Corbin 17
Great matchup. Team with least mistakes wins.
Hope Corbin wins. But before the playofffs I picked Boyle to win so I don’t wanna go back on it now. Should be a good game.
Boyle Co by 14
Texans_99 Wrote:Hope Corbin wins. But before the playofffs I picked Boyle to win so I don’t wanna go back on it now. Should be a good game.

same here.
I don't expect it to be a high scoring game .
This game is just gonna come down to who makes least mistakes. We know both these teams are damn good to make it this far. Now it's about focus and determination. Gotta limit penalties and turnovers.
pjdoug Wrote:I don't expect it to be a high scoring game .

Anybody that picks this game to be high scoring has clearly not seen Boyle’s defense.
This has all the makings of an epic football game. Statistically speaking, both defenses are stingy. It appears Boyle Co is scoring more points. Corbin played a tougher schedule but Boyle has done what great teams to to lesser opponents, take them to the shed.

Danville and Beechwood are the only losses for these teams, and both are playing for state titles as well.

Going to be a real slug fest.
Corbin most deblinly has had the tougher path and Boyle was unimpressive against Etown. So why not Corbin.

Corbin is my pick 21-14.
You forgot one. 8/28/17. Boyle JV 26, Corbin 0......Not quite a 3-peat. Rebels by 10 in a war....
jackal405 Wrote:You forgot one. 8/28/17. Boyle JV 26, Corbin 0......Not quite a 3-peat. Rebels by 10 in a war....

Didn’t know that was a state championship game, but if you consider it one ok. His statement of 3 peat was about championship games
I'm taking Corbin in this one, but it will be close
Tica Wrote:Corbin most deblinly has had the tougher path and Boyle was unimpressive against Etown. So why not Corbin.

Corbin is my pick 21-14.

Boyle’s Offense May have seemed unimpressive but their Defense was Very Impressive. They just held 3a’s third leading scoring team to 7 points and under 200 yards offense.

They were impressive.

Should be a great game between two proud programs.
Tica Wrote:Corbin most deblinly has had the tougher path and Boyle was unimpressive against Etown. So why not Corbin.

Corbin is my pick 21-14.

Could you give me the definition of deblinly or use it in a different sentence? Confusednicker:
In exactly what way did Corbin’s path to the Final become tougher?

Beating a Central team on a roll was a greater accomplishment but ETown was not a slouch of a team and also on the road.

Neither team had a rough road before the semi-finals.

Corbin is my pick 21-14.

ETown is/was very very good. I didn't see the game last night, but all year that team has been discredited and underrated. I think the score proved that last night. You can't underestimate the will of a bunch of seniors, even if they are playing a team of unbelievable sophomores. I'm sure Etown's group of about 20 seniors clawed every inch of the way last night.
Corbin -7
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Hatz Wrote:In exactly what way did Corbin’s path to the Final become tougher?

Beating a Central team on a roll was a greater accomplishment but ETown was not a slouch of a team and also on the road.

Neither team had a rough road before the semi-finals.

I’d say Boyle’s road prior to the semi’s might have been a tad tougher. But I think most would have rather played Etown on the road than central on the road. Either way, it don’t matter, we are the last two standing. Two proud programs. Should be a good game. Good luck to ya
Corbin 34-20
Im going 34-21 Hounds. But I could see this game playing out as close as 3 or 4 points. But I don’t see either team winning by more than 14. I’m sure everyone is hoping for one of those all time slobber knocker defensive games. And if corbin wasn’t in it I would be too. But my nerves can’t take another one like that. I do believe this will be a defensive game. Both teams have solid D’s. I think corbins defense is better. But looking at the results of this season I think Boyle’s offense is probably better. Hopefully our balance will make up for that. I would gladly give up a week of my life to have this game tonight though.
Hound05 Wrote:Im going 34-21 Hounds. But I could see this game playing out as close as 3 or 4 points. But I don’t see either team winning by more than 14. I’m sure everyone is hoping for one of those all time slobber knocker defensive games. And if corbin wasn’t in it I would be too. But my nerves can’t take another one like that. I do believe this will be a defensive game. Both teams have solid D’s. I think corbins defense is better. But looking at the results of this season I think Boyle’s offense is probably better. Hopefully our balance will make up for that. I would gladly give up a week of my life to have this game tonight though.

Good analysis, both teams are giving up just over 12 points per game Boyle's defense has generated 38 turnovers while scoring 7 TD'S should be a great game I expect a low scoring defensive game.
  • 1(current)
  • Next