•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro 2016
It is worse than you think, they fired him from his teaching job as well. All so Massengill can try to hire a football coach. Coach Spangler did not deserve any of this. Martin is trying to save face on his football, not going to happen. We will not have a winning season, not going to happen. Two wins tops. The right way continues to get crooked with these guys. The good ole boy , here is a job , football program may have one of the knives in Spangler's back. Avatar suits the situation NG. I have heard from one of the coaches at the high school that Martin allegedly was unhappy with the grade check situation and the football players eligibility status from time to time. He wanted it fixed, so that was not a problem anymore. Maybe his new Good Ole Boy AD will eliminate the eligibility problems.

MHS Parent here is a fact for you, MHS has right at 25 teachers We have had 31 openings at the high school alone, since Martin has taken over. The 3 years before it was hard to get a job at Middlesboro High with only 9 openings. That is something like a 240% increase. There is a problem here. We are counting system wide openings since this debacle started, will get back with you.

Don't give me the negativity crap, I will put this on every social media site possible, and express my opposition to those in charge face to face. I will also work my but off in this upcoming election to get the problems fixed. People need to know what is happening.
Years and years and YEARS ago, my husband and I couldn't wait to see the football match up between Corbin and Middlesboro. It never failed to be a thrilling game.

I remember one year when the snow was falling so fast, we couldn't tell whether or not a pass was caught in the end zone! Smile

I really hope you guys get back to those kinds of glory days.

Oh, and on another thrilling note......that signature picture was taken from my dining room table. If you look close, you can make out the screen marks on the outside of the window. This bad boy decided to eat my bird seed!!
There is not a teacher or Coach in their right mind would work at Middlesboro or Bell. Coaches Beware of these jobs, changes are coming from top down.
As long as we have this administration and coaches .500 is about the best that can hope for. 2016 will be no different, coaches recruited a couple players, it will be little help. 2016 sees a win total of 2-3 wins. How long will losing season be acceptable? This administration keeps the community and staff divided. Now , as the staff sees football is the driving factor in firing good people, support is falling.
MHS Parent at least PM me a response , I know it must be hard, especially when your hero acts this way.
Good Luck Jackets!!! Looking for a good year!!!
Just got back on after a break to find NextGen grinding his axe away, exactly as I left it. Please do not PM me anymore. Everything that has come out of your mouth so far is nonsense and aimed at the sole purpose of tarnishing the program. I'm not sure who you're even mad at anymore..Bennett, Martin, Massengill, teachers?

None of these men are my hero if that is what you are implying. I simply care about our school system and want our schools and teams to do well. I respect the people that actually get involved and despise those that just show up on Friday nights and just yell at the coaches.

Spangler was and is a great man. It is unfortunate what has happened to him. That said, the show goes on, as Coach Spangler would want it to.

Looking at the 2016 Yellow Jackets I see a great group of skill players and a big question mark on the line. I don't have a schedule right in front of me so I won't be so bold as to predict a win total but I know this team will be much improved over last year. I know there were a few really good transfers as well as a couple of big kids walking the halls that decided to come out. Several of them will make immediate impacts.

The coaching staff has also changed a bit. Smith and Kelley will now head up the middle school program, leaving a few spots on the high school staff to be filled. One of those spots will be filled by former MHS great and UK QB, Blake Bowling. Not sure of other additions as of yet but I'm sure there has to be someone new to run the offensive line. Any ideas on other new coaches?
With this response we can come to just one conclusion. You are a part of this Martin incompetence. Nothing or no one matters except trying to win games. How has that been working out for you? However, you are right about one thing, it is a waste of time to talk to you, you are blinded by MartinVision. This may be the reason for you willingness to cover up these things. Make no mistake, everything posted by me, is truth and if it tarnished the program , that is not on me.

With your great knowledge you should know the schedule is the same as it was last year, with home and away switched.

I am sure Spangler appreciates that you think it is "unfortunate" he lost his job for a superintendents brother and a new assistant football coach. I will pass along your thoughts.
By law Martins brother cannot be the AD!!! The state wouldn't allow it so anything you think you may know just got shot down!
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Just got back on after a break to find NextGen grinding his axe away, exactly as I left it. Please do not PM me anymore. Everything that has come out of your mouth so far is nonsense and aimed at the sole purpose of tarnishing the program. I'm not sure who you're even mad at anymore..Bennett, Martin, Massengill, teachers?

None of these men are my hero if that is what you are implying. I simply care about our school system and want our schools and teams to do well. I respect the people that actually get involved and despise those that just show up on Friday nights and just yell at the coaches.

Spangler was and is a great man. It is unfortunate what has happened to him. That said, the show goes on, as Coach Spangler would want it to.

Looking at the 2016 Yellow Jackets I see a great group of skill players and a big question mark on the line. I don't have a schedule right in front of me so I won't be so bold as to predict a win total but I know this team will be much improved over last year. I know there were a few really good transfers as well as a couple of big kids walking the halls that decided to come out. Several of them will make immediate impacts.

The coaching staff has also changed a bit. Smith and Kelley will now head up the middle school program, leaving a few spots on the high school staff to be filled. One of those spots will be filled by former MHS great and UK QB, Blake Bowling. Not sure of other additions as of yet but I'm sure there has to be someone new to run the offensive line. Any ideas on other new coaches?

I found every word, these guys, NG and FlippO posted to be correct. I called a friend in your central office and it is exactly as posted. So, my question is why do you try to cover for these people?
Trashtalker Wrote:By law Martins brother cannot be the AD!!! The state wouldn't allow it so anything you think you may know just got shot down!

Martins brother moves to alternative school, to open up PE job for a new coach. That is why Spangler was fired and jobs rolled into one , because brother can not take principal and AD. Jesse Allen may be new AD.

Come on trashtalker, you know this is going on, I post only the truth.
You guys crack me up. I could count the times that I've spoken to Martin on one hand. I am not an employee of the system. I do not have any kids in the system. I am not related to any board members or employees of the system. Remind then how I am part of the "Martin incompetence."

I've not tried to cover for any one person at all. I've tried to bring positive light to things happening in our system, met only with anger by these two guys because it doesn't fit their agenda. When I brought up the fact that for the last 3 years, the test scores at MHS have continued to get higher (best high school test scores in the county), it is continually brushed aside and I am later accused of caring only about wins and losses. Listen, I could care less if Martin were the super or not. Fact is, no one could have changed the fact the last years athletic class was the worst in school history. No one could have changed the fact that there is a decreasing population in the area and kids/families are being forced to leave to find jobs. I don't like the way that Martin has done several things, last years July nickel tax secret meeting and their handling of Coach Spangler to name a couple.

But...

I refuse to bash programs that have built on the shoulders of great young men. Like it or not, Zack Massengill is the coach at MHS. As a diehard alumnus, I will support him, even after a couple of rough seasons. I've seen how hard he works and I appreciate how he does things. I'm not trying to cover up anything. I'm just tired of stories being privately messages to everyone by some bitter parent about an incident that happened over a year ago. Kids that truly have no home, that bounce around to different houses in the community, should be handled differently. Call me an enabler but I'd prefer continuing to give these kids a reason to come to school everyday. If you want names of exactly which kids can't count on their own parents for shelter and a warm meal at night, pm me and I will gladly inform you. NG and FlippO like to share stories about them so you would probably recognize their names.

Another story that NG likes to tell is that Trevor Hoskins is actively searching for a new job somewhere is. What he won't tell you is that Trevor's wife attends pharmacy school in Knoxville, TN and he is driving from there everyday. If I said that would be logical for him to do so and that he wasn't running from something at MHS, you all would accuse me of trying to cover something up.

If you're calling Waylen Allen to confirm every little bad story, that's useless. He's the biggest storyteller of them all. He would love the negativity to continue to spread so that he would have a chance at Martin's job.

And I have spoken to Coach Spangler to share my condolences, have you? Please don't act like I am insensitive to his release because you know nothing of our relationship. If you read his letter to the coaches, you would have noticed that he wishes nothing but the best for Middlesboro athletics. As do I.

I'd love to talk actual football if anyone has anything to say on that topic.
Well, thank you. I see you acknowledge what has been said to be true. That is all that was being ask. I see you would have rather had reason for it. If you have really talked to Spangler, then you would have known how he felt. I will continue to post the mistreatment of good people here, regardless of how you think it makes the program look. We can talk about football. How are the games going today?
The brother cannot advance any placement. And the brother only has a PE degree. Can't teach anything else
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:You guys crack me up. I could count the times that I've spoken to Martin on one hand. I am not an employee of the system. I do not have any kids in the system. I am not related to any board members or employees of the system. Remind then how I am part of the "Martin incompetence."

I've not tried to cover for any one person at all. I've tried to bring positive light to things happening in our system, met only with anger by these two guys because it doesn't fit their agenda. When I brought up the fact that for the last 3 years, the test scores at MHS have continued to get higher (best high school test scores in the county), it is continually brushed aside and I am later accused of caring only about wins and losses. Listen, I could care less if Martin were the super or not. Fact is, no one could have changed the fact the last years athletic class was the worst in school history. No one could have changed the fact that there is a decreasing population in the area and kids/families are being forced to leave to find jobs. I don't like the way that Martin has done several things, last years July nickel tax secret meeting and their handling of Coach Spangler to name a couple.

But...

I refuse to bash programs that have built on the shoulders of great young men. Like it or not, Zack Massengill is the coach at MHS. As a diehard alumnus, I will support him, even after a couple of rough seasons. I've seen how hard he works and I appreciate how he does things. I'm not trying to cover up anything. I'm just tired of stories being privately messages to everyone by some bitter parent about an incident that happened over a year ago. Kids that truly have no home, that bounce around to different houses in the community, should be handled differently. Call me an enabler but I'd prefer continuing to give these kids a reason to come to school everyday. If you want names of exactly which kids can't count on their own parents for shelter and a warm meal at night, pm me and I will gladly inform you. NG and FlippO like to share stories about them so you would probably recognize their names.

Another story that NG likes to tell is that Trevor Hoskins is actively searching for a new job somewhere is. What he won't tell you is that Trevor's wife attends pharmacy school in Knoxville, TN and he is driving from there everyday. If I said that would be logical for him to do so and that he wasn't running from something at MHS, you all would accuse me of trying to cover something up.

If you're calling Waylen Allen to confirm every little bad story, that's useless. He's the biggest storyteller of them all. He would love the negativity to continue to spread so that he would have a chance at Martin's job.

And I have spoken to Coach Spangler to share my condolences, have you? Please don't act like I am insensitive to his release because you know nothing of our relationship. If you read his letter to the coaches, you would have noticed that he wishes nothing but the best for Middlesboro athletics. As do I.

I'd love to talk actual football if anyone has anything to say on that topic.

So , what you are saying you will support the program regardless of how people are being treated. I can see supporting the kids, good for you, I would do the same. But , you say people are lying and not telling the truth when something bad happens. That is what makes others think you cover up. As for story tellers in the central office , that person is not my story teller but I know him. He would be a better super than what you have.
Anyone know how they did at UPike today in 7 on 7
What I am saying is that I will continue to support the program despite what any super may do. Due to his misdealings, Martin has lost my support. But that doesn't change my feelings for the coaches and programs.

And I just stated that I didn't doubt many people are thinking they know the truth and are sharing it as such. I'm just saying, I disagree, based on evidence that I have collected, that what they are saying is actually true.
Trashtalker Wrote:Anyone know how they did at UPike today in 7 on 7

Nothing that I can find other than a mention of Middlesboro beating Pikeville JV. Saw that on Twitter.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:What I am saying is that I will continue to support the program despite what any super may do. Due to his misdealings, Martin has lost my support. But that doesn't change my feelings for the coaches and programs.

And I just stated that I didn't doubt many people are thinking they know the truth and are sharing it as such. I'm just saying, I disagree, based on evidence that I have collected, that what they are saying is actually true.

I guess we will see, time will tell. When the hiring is done , we will know if he knows what he is talking about.
MHSParent is full of crap. What has been posted that is not true? He has yet to name one thing, from last year and now he is back this year. What is not true?

Read through the post a just tell us what is not true?

He just wants to give some excuse to this or that.

Did you drive today, give us a update on games. We beat a JV team, how about the other games?

How did the Corbin 7-7 go. I heard we only had 13 players. Skilled kids looked good and QB threw about 5 picks.

MHS Parent update us.
Trashtalker Wrote:The brother cannot advance any placement. And the brother only has a PE degree. Can't teach anything else

Do you two know anyone with a alternative education degree? Not an alt certification, a degree. Any discipline can teach alternative school. Try another route, to say, it ain't so. PE degrees are all K-12 now thanks to the state department. OK , but nice try.
As I said, I know nothing about the 7-7 other than what I stated. Sounds like a rough game for the QB.

Flipped Out, you were the one messaging me about possible law breaking by a few kids. As I said, the very ones you were running down the road, demanding be kicked off the only family they know, had no place to even call home at the time.

I don't have the time or the desire to fact check every claim made about Middlesboro over the last 12 months but I am positive the football staff had nothing to do with Coach Spangler losing his job as you claim. How much power do you think a coach that won 1 game last season has?
All true, ugly but true. We can excuse major crimes, they are homeless. Which they were not. They lived with a very good family, in which demanded they follow rules and what did they do later. Leave because they didn't want to.OK. Martin , fired Spangler for a football coach, true again. How much power does he have, he can stay as long as he wants and get whatever he wants as long as Martin is superintendent. They can go 1-10 for the next 5 years and as long as Martin is there he stays. Whatever he wants, he can have, how much power is that?
That is what is wrong in most places today, we all have excuses for our actions and what happens. I am done with you excuse man. Records and facts are there.
Trashtalker Wrote:The brother cannot advance any placement. And the brother only has a PE degree. Can't teach anything else

Trashtalker, MHSParent how did baby Martin get a bus route, teaching schedule change to accommodate the route and all basketball trips, if he can not receive special treatment? I am listening?
All teachers were offered a bus route! He's not the only teacher that drove but because he's name is Martin! People are talking about something they know nothing about!
Anyone have updates on 7on7
Trashtalker Wrote:All teachers were offered a bus route! He's not the only teacher that drove but because he's name is Martin! People are talking about something they know nothing about!

All teachers that were needing a schedule change were denied and no teacher got extra trip except Martin. Need to go and talk to the bus drivers and get the rest of the story. They sent a spokesmen to Martin to talk about the trip schedules for all drivers. His reply was if you like your job, this is how it will be. Just go ask Jay. You guys never tell all the story.
Now how was the 7-7?
3-1 at the UPIKe 7-7
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next