•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 2016
bac2369 Wrote:How many 8th graders were on Pikeville middle school team this year...?

You're looking at around 20
Team members included: Jackson Hensley #1, Seth Pugh #2, Julian Davenport #8, Peyton Boyd-Blair #10, Brody Birchfield #12, Grayson Harris #14, Xavier Cantrell #15, Kaden Caudill #23, Jacob Lyons #25, Connor Wright #32, Drew Owens #53, Cade Slater #54, Braydan Keathley #57, Noah Honaker #61, Jackson Mullins #62, Lucas Justice #65, McKenzie Hamilton #74, Matt Compton #76, Jacob Barber #77, Eric Green #84, Dylan Justice #18, Griffin Harris #24, Skylar Ramey #30, Zach Rowe #40, Bryce Dempsey, #86, Tyler Varney #51, Jagger Bickford #56, Kyle Rhodes #58, Ty Helfen #63 and John Workman #66.

How many of those kids are 8th graders...
bac2369 Wrote:Team members included: Jackson Hensley #1, Seth Pugh #2, Julian Davenport #8, Peyton Boyd-Blair #10, Brody Birchfield #12, Grayson Harris #14, Xavier Cantrell #15, Kaden Caudill #23, Jacob Lyons #25, Connor Wright #32, Drew Owens #53, Cade Slater #54, Braydan Keathley #57, Noah Honaker #61, Jackson Mullins #62, Lucas Justice #65, McKenzie Hamilton #74, Matt Compton #76, Jacob Barber #77, Eric Green #84, Dylan Justice #18, Griffin Harris #24, Skylar Ramey #30, Zach Rowe #40, Bryce Dempsey, #86, Tyler Varney #51, Jagger Bickford #56, Kyle Rhodes #58, Ty Helfen #63 and John Workman #66.

How many of those kids are 8th graders...

18 with one being heldback
PikevillePanthers75 Wrote:18 with one being heldback

Sucks for whoever is staying back because he can't play again until he is either freshmen or an 8th grader.
From the looks I dont think Pikeville will have the depth they had last year? What's your guys thought?
bac2369 Wrote:From the looks I dont think Pikeville will have the depth they had last year? What's your guys thought?
We will be fine. Obviously, there is a drop off in some positions, but that is normal for almost any team. The biggest drop off is in experience at C. It's hard to replace a 4 year starter at C. But I like this team very much, and I think they will be just fine come playoff time. The main thing for fans (and players) to focus on, is one game at a time. I see people working hard every day, growing by leaps and bounds, and they will continue to be a force to be reckoned with. The depth numbers overall will remain about the same as last years team.
PHSForever Wrote:We will be fine. Obviously, there is a drop off in some positions, but that is normal for almost any team. The biggest drop off is in experience at C. It's hard to replace a 4 year starter at C. But I like this team very much, and I think they will be just fine come playoff time. The main thing for fans (and players) to focus on, is one game at a time. I see people working hard every day, growing by leaps and bounds, and they will continue to be a force to be reckoned with. The depth numbers overall will remain about the same as last years team.

Well that's good... I figured I'd get crucified for asking...4 year starter at center will be hard to replace and could have issues early... But plenty of time to get that replaced before playoffs...
bac2369 Wrote:Well that's good... I figured I'd get crucified for asking...4 year starter at center will be hard to replace and could have issues early... But plenty of time to get that replaced before playoffs...
I personally will never crucify you for asking can't speak for others though. Lol. Big difference between asking and demeaning, so you're good in my book (so far). Confusednicker:
How many of the incoming freshmen will see PT?
bac2369 Wrote:How many of the incoming freshmen will see PT?
No way to really know until the pads go on. All will likely see time at points this season though. In terms of actually contributing during 1/2 string times of games, I won't even hazard a guess at that. But I do believe at least a couple will. It happens every year at every school, light bulb goes on for some almost immediately. So it will be interesting to see whom and how many that happens for.
Anyone got any potential starters on the defense or suggestions who will be filling the lineup?
Well I heard today it was official, Pikeville got our best player the RB Roberts. He will only be a sophomore. Can't blame the kid, the principal here has allowed our sports programs to go down the drain. Good luck on a repeat, you guys just got a player.
Blackcat2001 Wrote:Well I heard today it was official, Pikeville got our best player the RB Roberts. He will only be a sophomore. Can't blame the kid, the principal here has allowed our sports programs to go down the drain. Good luck on a repeat, you guys just got a player.

I talked to the kids parents that told me they got a business card from JetPilot and was promised a power 5 scholarship, that was the all it took :flame:
TigerBlues Wrote:I talked to the kids parents that told me they got a business card from JetPilot and was promised a power 5 scholarship, that was the all it took :flame:

We had to beat Paintsville's offer and guarantee he would go in the first round of the NFL draft. Actually my "business" cards accidentally fell out of my pocket at the Prestonsburg Walmart. I don't know how the kid ended up with one.Confusednicker:
Are Prestonsburg and Pikeville playing this season in Week 0? Will make for an interesting element of that game.
Don't think it will be much of a game, Prestonsburg will be lucky to finish third in their district.
EagleFan89 Wrote:Are Prestonsburg and Pikeville playing this season in Week 0? Will make for an interesting element of that game.
Yes. And I don't think it will add much to the game. Last year Pikeville had Chatlin Jarrell and Brennan Goble and it did not really add much of an element in terms of drama or anything. Kids basically just played. I expect same this year.
Got bored and looked up the combined records of Pikevillle opponents from 2015.. They hold a record of 42-31.. Pikeville is one of three whos opponents combine for winnings records
bac2369 Wrote:Got bored and looked up the combined records of Pikevillle opponents from 2015.. They hold a record of 42-31.. Pikeville is one of three whos opponents combine for winnings records

That is a total of 6 games.
Belfry was Pikevillle best opponent..
Belfry will be Pikevilles toughest opponent in 2016. Does anyone disagree?
bac2369 Wrote:Belfry will be Pikevilles toughest opponent in 2016. Does anyone disagree?

Not me
bac2369 Wrote:Belfry will be Pikevilles toughest opponent in 2016. Does anyone disagree?
Belfry will be many schools toughest opponent in 2016.
WOW that's going really going out on a limb there....HAHA!!!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:WOW that's going really going out on a limb there....HAHA!!!

I agree.... But I assume that's the biggest limb on the schedule...
Biggest limb, yes, but not only tough game. Coach Mac always plays a tough non-district schedule and now Hazard is in District. Whatever we get, we'll earn.
Pikeville has several holes to fill. Just lost a senior class that had several 4 year starters. But they will be fine. It may take a little while to see who plays what role and fills what hole. But by district coach Mac and company will have established depth and start the fine tuning process. If player leadership can keep this team grounded and playing one game at a time they will be dangerous again.
SPORTS FAN 101 Wrote:Pikeville has several holes to fill. Just lost a senior class that had several 4 year starters. But they will be fine. It may take a little while to see who plays what role and fills what hole. But by district coach Mac and company will have established depth and start the fine tuning process. If player leadership can keep this team grounded and playing one game at a time they will be dangerous again.

Agree. There are a lot of holes to fill. The good thing is a lot of talent and experience returns along with a large senior class.
SPORTS FAN 101 Wrote:Pikeville has several holes to fill. Just lost a senior class that had several 4 year starters. But they will be fine. It may take a little while to see who plays what role and fills what hole. But by district coach Mac and company will have established depth and start the fine tuning process. If player leadership can keep this team grounded and playing one game at a time they will be dangerous again.

There is no maybe that Pikeville is very very good. No if and or buts about it, they are more than dangerous. If everything comes together they are epic. Again.
49 players out for the team right now strong looking roster numbers for a 1A school!
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next