Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats Wrong With Kentucky Boys?
Not One Thing!!
Agree!
twentythree Wrote:Year in and year out you put Kentucky's best high school team against other states and just see if they win 30% of their games...face it

Tell that to the boys from Scott Co. after beating the #1 Team in the Country! We have the talent here. It just gets over looked for the flashy ones. OJ looked human the other night.
the kid from Scott Co ( his name escapes me ) that is going to Indiana but isnt good enough for UK hung 20 on Huntington last night
The Fan Wrote:the kid from Scott Co ( his name escapes me ) that is going to Indiana but isnt good enough for UK hung 20 on Huntington last night

Bud Mackey
Great Player.
The Fan Wrote:the kid from Scott Co ( his name escapes me ) that is going to Indiana but isnt good enough for UK hung 20 on Huntington last night
He must be a smart player to go to Indiana and not to fool with UK.
Kentucky wanted him but he wanted to go to Indiana
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Hicks nor Stepp have the athleticism to play at the same level with Bradley. I don't always agree with some of Bradley's floor decisions, but the two players you mentioned are not in his category.

I agree with you. Hicks and Stepp wouldn't last in D-1 basketball, and I would take Bradley over those 2. Hicks and Stepp will probably play college basketball, Stepp definitely will because he puts up 30 points in offense that has him shooting 90% of the shots. Hicks might play college, it's untelling because you hear about all these great basketball stars going to move on and you can see 10 at HCC. Neither one will play D-1 basketball and if it is, then its a very, very small college that no one has hardly heard of or Morehead State.
the_truth Wrote:I agree with you. Hicks and Stepp wouldn't last in D-1 basketball, and I would take Bradley over those 2. Hicks and Stepp will probably play college basketball, Stepp definitely will because he puts up 30 points in offense that has him shooting 90% of the shots. Hicks might play college, it's untelling because you hear about all these great basketball stars going to move on and you can see 10 at HCC. Neither one will play D-1 basketball and if it is, then its a very, very small college that no one has hardly heard of or Morehead State.
Both of them players WILL play D-1, I know that for a fact. I would take Stepp or Hicks over Bradley anyday. This is teamball not STREETBALL
Hicks or Stepp will not play D1 College Ball. They'll both end up playing for a local D3 or NAIA school.
blackcat_student Wrote:Hicks or Stepp will not play D1 College Ball. They'll both end up playing for a local D3 or NAIA school.
Are you from the 15th? Im not from the 14th and I know better than that. I can really see Stepp or Hicks playing in NAIA!:lmao:
Arbys Man Wrote:Are you from the 15th? Im not from the 14th and I know better than that. I can really see Stepp or Hicks playing in NAIA!:lmao:

Give me an Excuse why there D-1 talent? Besides that they can shoot. Anyone can shoot a ball!
blackcat_student Wrote:Give me an Excuse why there D-1 talent? Besides that they can shoot. Anyone can shoot a ball!
If anyone can shoot the ball then why are we just talking about Hicks and Stepp? If you can put the ball in the hole then you dont need another excuse. If Hicks or Stepp had Teammates like Scott County than it would be impossible to stop them, but since they dont they have to try to do it themselves.
Stepp isn't that good.
If either one of these kids make it D1 they will transfer back to a small school. Jody Thompson was better than both of them and he came back. Some of you guys must not know what playing college is all about. I'm not a Bradley fan but do you honestly think either one could take Bradley. The difference between D1 and NAIA, D2 or D3 is not being able to shoot the ball it's size and speed and neither player has that.
formerallamerican11 Wrote:If either one of these kids make it D1 they will transfer back to a small school. Jody Thompson was better than both of them and he came back. Some of you guys must not know what playing college is all about. I'm not a Bradley fan but do you honestly think either one could take Bradley. The difference between D1 and NAIA, D2 or D3 is not being able to shoot the ball it's size and speed and neither player has that.
Epps,Ford,Turner,Mills not one of those players were tall or fast. A true PG leads his team and makes smart decisions. Being Fast, Tall, or a good shooter dont have nothing to do with being a great PG. Hicks is one of the Smartest Basketball players I have seen in a long time. If he had good teammates that could put the ball in the hole he wouldnt have to shoot a lot.
Arbys Man Wrote:If anyone can shoot the ball then why are we just talking about Hicks and Stepp? If you can put the ball in the hole then you dont need another excuse. If Hicks or Stepp had Teammates like Scott County than it would be impossible to stop them, but since they dont they have to try to do it themselves.

I agree with the final statement you made but, if you can put the ball in the hole, than thats just one of the steps that you have to know. Of course theres dribbling, and passing, but thats almost a god given. Both Stepp and Hicks are guards, and one of the things a guard should know how to do is make other players around them better, and help them contribute to the game. Both of these players are good, and theres no doubt about that. But I'm not very familier with JBS, but I seen the game where JBS and Hazard played in the wymt classic and, Hicks didn't do much of anything in that game. And if I can recall right Clark Stepp didn't contribute much in that game either. It was Tate Cox for JBS, and the Williams guy from Hazard.
Arbys Man Wrote:Epps,Ford,Turner,Mills not one of those players were tall or fast. A true PG leads his team and makes smart decisions. Being Fast, Tall, or a good shooter dont have nothing to do with being a great PG. Hicks is one of the Smartest Basketball players I have seen in a long time. If he had good teammates that could put the ball in the hole he wouldnt have to shoot a lot.

I played against Epps and Mills and played on the same team with Mills during the Ky/Indiana all star tryouts. They both had something about them that made them differnt. MIills was 6'5 and he was a walk on Epps 6'2 and was a proven winner at the state tourney against the best Ky had to offer. I also played with Scott Padgett who I thought would never make it so much for what I know. But JP Blevins and Stockton were great high school leaders who never really done anything. Stockton Mr. Basketball that year and Blevins can't remember if he won it or not but was at the top of the voting. Stepp or Hicks won't even be considered IMO.
formerallamerican11 Wrote:I played against Epps and Mills and played on the same team with Mills during the Ky/Indiana all star tryouts. They both had something about them that made them differnt. MIills was 6'5 and he was a walk on Epps 6'2 and was a proven winner at the state tourney against the best Ky had to offer. I also played with Scott Padgett who I thought would never make it so much for what I know. But JP Blevins and Stockton were great high school leaders who never really done anything. Stockton Mr. Basketball that year and Blevins can't remember if he won it or not but was at the top of the voting. Stepp or Hicks won't even be considered IMO.
Ill agree with that ya Stepp or Hicks wont be considered but if a D1 school would give them a chance then they would get to play
blackcat_student Wrote:I agree with the final statement you made but, if you can put the ball in the hole, than thats just one of the steps that you have to know. Of course theres dribbling, and passing, but thats almost a god given. Both Stepp and Hicks are guards, and one of the things a guard should know how to do is make other players around them better, and help them contribute to the game. Both of these players are good, and theres no doubt about that. But I'm not very familier with JBS, but I seen the game where JBS and Hazard played in the wymt classic and, Hicks didn't do much of anything in that game. And if I can recall right Clark Stepp didn't contribute much in that game either. It was Tate Cox for JBS, and the Williams guy from Hazard.
So you based your opinion on 1 game. Michael Jordan even had a few bad games. I mean come on, You know if Scott County's Head Coach asked Hicks to come play for him, you know hes good.
Take a look at this... this should be a good indicator of Tubby's recruiting skills: http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1439

Top 25 Point Guards in the Nation at this point... Kentucky isn't even on the list anywhere... with the exception of being in the running for Jai Lucas.
Same goes for Top 25 Shooting guards, Centers, and KY is not even on the list for the TOP 45 SMALL FORWARDS... and finally reaches the list for Power forwards... this is sad: http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1438
Arbys Man Wrote:Epps,Ford,Turner,Mills not one of those players were tall or fast. A true PG leads his team and makes smart decisions. Being Fast, Tall, or a good shooter dont have nothing to do with being a great PG. Hicks is one of the Smartest Basketball players I have seen in a long time. If he had good teammates that could put the ball in the hole he wouldnt have to shoot a lot.

So you are saying Wayne Turner wasn't fast? You must not remember the same Turner as me. Shooter? No way. Speed? Yes sir!
Tubby can't recruit, end of story.
SValley Fan Wrote:Sparks Transfered to UK....Also when Rondo or Bradley did summin wrong, Tubby didnt do anything, If Sparks did the samething he gets jerked out of the game...Orbziut, Alleyene or whatever his name was, Even Carter....Get sum boys out of Eastern KY that can shoot the 3 ball

sparks is the best 3 shooter ive seen n a long while plus very very clutch and on the alleyene thing it was tubbys fault he didnt suceed because he waited way to late to try to mould him at 7'3 n barely over 260 u need to get him liftin and eatin
I think no kentucky boy would have made the same mistake that Thomas did.
ARBYS man did you see where Tubby took the blame for Thomas,s blunder for telling him to move?
Old school Dawg Wrote:ARBYS man did you see where Tubby took the blame for Thomas,s blunder for telling him to move?
Yea I sure did. You cant blame it all on Tubby tho. Thomas should have been aware of that. Not just running around like a chicken with his head cutt off.