Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whats Wrong With Kentucky Boys?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

SValley Fan

Why does Tubby and these other Big Schools want New York City boys than KY boys?...Ok maybe Ky boys cant run fast or jump high but they can shoot
You tell me and we'll both know? Maybe that is why the Cats haven't done as well the last 10 years or so. When UK recruited KY high schools they had not only good ball players but they got HEART out of the players too. Geez, UK doesn't even go after our Mr. Basketball anymore? Go figure. I have seen our boys beat us too many times and they would all have loved to have played for UK. Maybe the Lofton error could have some impact on Tubby, at least we can hope so!

SValley Fan

I just dont understand it...I would take Hicks or Stepp over Remel Bradley
not in the right thread, but ne ways eky, why even go to the lofton thing, lofton wouldnt have got to play the way he does down at tennessee if he played at kentucky, you think kentucky is going to let a player shoot 20 shots a game, and he got 3 all americans that year so dotn start.

SValley Fan

Not in the right thread, what u talking about...Im talking about KY High Boys, Not University of Tenn. Boys
$MoNeY$ Wrote:Why does Tubby and these other Big Schools want New York City boys than KY boys?...Ok maybe Ky boys cant run fast or jump high but they can shoot

if i can read right, i do belive that says tubby, and what does tubby coach, hmmm, college, not high school?

SValley Fan

lol It says why does TUBBY get everyone but KY HIGH SCHOOL BOYS
but why would you post something about college coaches in a high school thread?
This is interesting. I say....COLLEGE!!!!!!! But my opinion doesn't matter, lol.

SValley Fan

Super_de Wrote:but why would you post something about college coaches in a high school thread?
I didnt...Im asking whats wrong with KY BOYS, McFly
& the boys that play at UK don't have the heart as the boys that grow up here in KY dreaming of being a Wildcat

SValley Fan

Its seems like KY Boys can shoot 10 times better than these big City Boys
i agree my money man.

SValley Fan

Valley Cat Wrote:i agree my money man.
lol thats what im talkin about
ky boys can shoot better then these city boys
I understand why this should be in the High School Forum......It mentioned high school boys...and i also agree that a wildcat fan i tru and most high school ball players would love to play 4 UK.....and also Chris Lofton is better than Bradley and Crawford....but go Big Blue
Who is going to give it their all for the Big Blue Nation? The kids that grew watching and idolizing UK basketball. I too agree that they should recruit more in state. Farmer, Pelphrey, and Feldhous should say it all. Look how much hear, soul and pride they put into being a wildcat. Stay in state a while and see what happens is the only way to see how it would be.
$MoNeY$ Wrote:I just dont understand it...I would take Hicks or Stepp over Remel Bradley
Hicks nor Stepp have the athleticism to play at the same level with Bradley. I don't always agree with some of Bradley's floor decisions, but the two players you mentioned are not in his category.

SValley Fan

LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Hicks nor Stepp have the athleticism to play at the same level with Bradley. I don't always agree with some of Bradley's floor decisions, but the two players you mentioned are not in his category.
Yea Bradley Can play Street Ball but he is not a True point Guard...Ive seen Hicks play against Sum of the best players in America...Just because sumone can run faster dont mean there a better player
EKY Sportster Wrote:You tell me and we'll both know? Maybe that is why the Cats haven't done as well the last 10 years or so. When UK recruited KY high schools they had not only good ball players but they got HEART out of the players too. Geez, UK doesn't even go after our Mr. Basketball anymore? Go figure. I have seen our boys beat us too many times and they would all have loved to have played for UK. Maybe the Lofton error could have some impact on Tubby, at least we can hope so!

I'm not really arguing your viewpoint, because I agree that players from Kentucky grow up and would take pride in wearing the blue & white. But seriously, besides Lofton and possibly Ty Proffitt, who has Tubby missed out on recruiting from Kentucky?

BTW, isn't he courting someone from Mason County right now?

Tubby will never recruit an all-shooting-no-defense-too-short guard from the Kentucky. He hasn't yet.
Would he if Pitino recruited them & Beat Tubby with them?
jammin' jamey Wrote:I'm not really arguing your viewpoint, because I agree that players from Kentucky grow up and would take pride in wearing the blue & white. But seriously, besides Lofton and possibly Ty Proffitt, who has Tubby missed out on recruiting from Kentucky?

Tubby will never recruit an all-shooting-no-defense-too-short guard from the Kentucky. He hasn't yet.

To be honest with ya Pitino probably wouldn't have either. The only reason he recuited any kids from KY was because Pelphrey, Farmer, and Feldhouse were already on the team when he got there. If they weren't he probably wouldn't have recruited them. Once he saw the pride and determination of the home grown boys, he always kept a couple on each team he had from that point on. And look at what he accomplished by doing so. Tubby will never do that and it will be his down fall. Look a Pitino now. I don't keep up with UL much. But, does he even have any KY boys on his team? None of the Cats know what it means to be able to wear that uniform. Hell, Tubby doesn't either.

SValley Fan

well I would rather have Hicks or Stepp than Brandon Stockton lol
if I was Tubby, i would get 3 or 4 recruits from Kentucky, he already let Proffit go, and Mackey, look at all the players he has missed already, Lofton of course,I think AJ Slaughter could have played at UK,guys like Pettigrew could play for UK, he let Brooks go, to Penn State, but I guess Tubby likes the out of state boys, but it isnt helping him, id love to coach Kentucky, Id load up on KY boys
i wish he would recruit some ky boys they are only one on the team right now.

SValley Fan

Hey Camron Mills couldnt run fast or jump high but he could shoot the 3 ball...What is the Team called that Tubby coaches? oh yea, its KENTUCKY...gets sum players thats from KY and after they graduate they will most likely stay in KY
OffTheHook Wrote:To be honest with ya Pitino probably wouldn't have either. The only reason he recuited any kids from KY was because Pelphrey, Farmer, and Feldhouse were already on the team when he got there. If they weren't he probably wouldn't have recruited them. Once he saw the pride and determination of the home grown boys, he always kept a couple on each team he had from that point on. And look at what he accomplished by doing so. Tubby will never do that and it will be his down fall. Look a Pitino now. I don't keep up with UL much. But, does he even have any KY boys on his team? None of the Cats know what it means to be able to wear that uniform. Hell, Tubby doesn't either.

:thumpsup: Exactly right!

SValley Fan

Well also Pitino did say he didnt like KY boys and there would be no way he would recruit them guys
jammin' jamey Wrote:I'm not really arguing your viewpoint, because I agree that players from Kentucky grow up and would take pride in wearing the blue & white. But seriously, besides Lofton and possibly Ty Proffitt, who has Tubby missed out on recruiting from Kentucky?

Patrick Sparks????????????????????????
What I get sick of is the recruiting of out of state boys who are permanent bench riders (ie Shegari Alleyene and others). Why not give scholarships to KY boys---even if they ride the bench they are still getting a scholarship to attend their state university. And I bet that wearing the blue and white might mean something to them!!!! Some of them might even turn out to be more than "bench riders". When I think of deserving KY boys who got passed over in the Tubby era it makes me sick!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6