•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 30 Pikeville 6
Belfry0304 Wrote:Who did Paintsville have in this game that didn't play last game against Pikeville?

64SUR Wrote:Why do you keep pulling your foot out of your mouth, Williamsburg is bigger,faster,stronger and still playing. If you want competitive you haveto win to make it this year to Bowling Green...this is a special group of kids in Williamsburg they will run when they need too and they will pass when they want too and Williamsburg has the best 1A defense in the east....just keep watching the scores :please:

You beat Harlan Independent. Come on.
Schlotzsky Wrote:Coaches knew their team was going to overlook the Tigers. Don't understand what's confusing about that.

they knew they weren't going to prepare their team is the confusing part
I don't have a dog in this fight..
But I'm going with a Mayfield/Hazard state championship.
Mayfield wins it this year.
Schlotzsky Wrote:Coaches knew their team was going to overlook the Tigers. Don't understand what's confusing about that.

assistants asking you about Hazard scores is pretty confusing too :insane::insane:
64SUR Wrote:Why do you keep pulling your foot out of your mouth, Williamsburg is bigger,faster,stronger and still playing. If you want competitive you haveto win to make it this year to Bowling Green...this is a special group of kids in Williamsburg they will run when they need too and they will pass when they want too and Williamsburg has the best 1A defense in the east....just keep watching the scores :please:

I'm watching. tick tock tick tock.
Ballers Wrote:I don't have a dog in this fight..
But I'm going with a Mayfield/Hazard state championship.
Mayfield wins it this year.

Ballers basketball practice start next Monday for hazard...mark it down on your calendar :please: Williamsburg is going with a dozen cupcakes to Bowling Green. Confusederiously: or more.
skully03 Wrote:your gonna crack on belfry when Paintsville laid a beatdown on you.... who yall play next week?????

He is not a Pikeville fan, He played at Betsy Layne. I would assume he is a fan of them. And they are not playing next week. Just sayin!
Westside Wrote:Lol! Befry fans are still whining about the butt kicking Pikeville gave them???

Belfry fans are not whining over the lose to Pikeville, he was simply stating that overlooking an opponent can come back an bite you. That is what happened in both games. Pikeville absolutely beat Belfry that night, but it was not a "butt kicking", the game was decided late in the 4th when Belfry was in panic mode. Belfry did have 2 td's called back in that game also. So, it was a close game all things considered. As a Belfry fan, I will say Pikeville was head and shoulders better that night. Can you say the same for your team. Betsy Layne? Confusedhh:
Meoff jack Wrote:The program takes a step back with a loss like this in the second round of the playoffs especially with all those supplements those kids are taking. They should have beat paintsville just as bad as they did first time . This is What happens when u to worried bout how much u bench or how good ur next opponent was going to be . Instead of being concerned at the task at hand
Your thoughts that supplements make you stronger or faster shows you're an idiot. First they are legal, so making it sound like they are doing something wrong is just stupid. You have to put in the work no matter what someone takes. No magic pills. Second, supplements do just what it says , they supplement foods or something you cant meet your goals such as protein, carbs, fats, or overall calories. So get educated before you attempt to make acussations which you're not very good at....

Congrats Paintsville
Demarcus ware Wrote:Your thoughts that supplements make you stronger or faster shows you're an idiot. First they are legal, so making it sound like they are doing something wrong is just stupid. You have to put in the work no matter what someone takes. No magic pills. Second, supplements do just what it says , they supplement foods or something you cant meet your goals such as protein, carbs, fats, or overall calories. So get educated before you attempt to make acussations which you're not very good at....

Congrats Paintsville

share the wisdom
64SUR Wrote:Ballers basketball practice start next Monday for hazard...mark it down on your calendar :please: Williamsburg is going with a dozen cupcakes to Bowling Green. Confusederiously: or more.

is this guaranteed?
pjdoug Wrote:share the wisdom
Confusednicker:
LOL Jammin Jamey..what was those comments you made on coal country Friday morning??
Congrats Paintsville
I'm a little late on this post but how does a team lose 62-8 in the regular season and then turn around in the playoffs and win 30-6. Unbelievable turn around and unbelievable story.
Choke
Crossbones Wrote:Belfry fans are not whining over the lose to Pikeville, he was simply stating that overlooking an opponent can come back an bite you. That is what happened in both games. Pikeville absolutely beat Belfry that night, but it was not a "butt kicking", the game was decided late in the 4th when Belfry was in panic mode. Belfry did have 2 td's called back in that game also. So, it was a close game all things considered. As a Belfry fan, I will say Pikeville was head and shoulders better that night. Can you say the same for your team. Betsy Layne? Confusedhh:

Agree. With all due respect to all opponents on their schedule, Pikeville was head and shoulders better than everyone they played this season. Just a huge let down last night.
Big Five-0- Wrote:[/B]

Agree. With all due respect to all opponents on their schedule, Pikeville was head and shoulders better than everyone they played this season. Just a huge let down last night.

one of the all time biggest choke jobs
theres over looking an opponent and then theres what happened last night. they took 56 poitns away from Pikeville and added 22 points for thenselves. thats a 78 point turn around. thats crazy

With all due respect. No they were not. They had a great year. They won some big games. They beat some good teams. But they were not head and shoulders better than everyone they played. They were heads and shoulders better than their district. Everybody else they played was capable of beating them.

What a load of crap.
Do-double-gg Wrote:^This! People don't want to hear excuses when they are on the winning side of this but when they are on the losing side they know it's real. If the Belfry team that beat Henry Clay like they stole something came to the Pikeville game Belfry would win that game 10 out of 10 times and 5 out of that 10 would probably be lopsided. The truth is a team can just have an off night and just not show up or get caught thinking about next week. I believe that Pikeville was good enough to play for a 1a championship and if the Pikeville team we got to see on several occasions this year showed up to this game tonight I believe they beat Paintsville with ease. This same thing happened to Lawrence County this season against Raceland. The kids heads were not in that game and we just had a bad gameplan but if the Bulldogs and Rams play that game 10 times it should be very close every time IMO. This is a real thing and it can happen to any team I don't care how good you are. ANY TEAM CAN BE BEAT ON ANY GIVEN NIGHT!

This isn't what I read from Pikeville fans when I said something similar as to why Russell lost. I said they were missing a key lineman and our star back was limited with an injury, and that they came out flat and played like they just wanted to get back on the bus.Didnt matter to Pikeville fans, were that good. Well I guess you aren't. I knew there was a reason I said I wasn't impressed with them, now I see.

the weak schedule which was not nearly as good as advertised came back to bite them Confusednicker:
Crossbones Wrote:He is not a Pikeville fan, He played at Betsy Layne. I would assume he is a fan of them. And they are not playing next week. Just sayin!

No, the Bobcats unfortunately were defeated by Danville but you won't see Bobcat fans getting on Danville threads and making excuses like you. They simple congratulate the Ads and move on.
This has got to be one of the most impressive and fascinating high school football stories of the year . . . nation-wide.

If no one in Johnson County has passed this story on to the national media (regional sports networks, ESPN, etc.), they should do so, post-haste.
Gitback Coach Wrote:This has got to be one of the most impressive and fascinating high school football stories of the year . . . nation-wide.

If no one in Johnson County has passed this story on to the national media (regional sports networks, ESPN, etc.), they should do so, post-haste.

They already have
Westside Wrote:No, the Bobcats unfortunately were defeated by Danville but you won't see Bobcat fans getting on Danville threads and making excuses like you. They simple congratulate the Ads and move on.

I never made an excuse of any kind. I said Pikeville was head and shoulders better than Belfry that night. :eyeroll: Please show me an excuse that I made. That is the problem with all the Belfry haters! When a fan or few do make excuses you all want to lump us all together as whiners or whatnot. If you will go back to the thread most Belfry fans gave their props to Pikeville and pointed out what Belfry done wrong. As far as the Bobcat fans getting on Danville threads and making excuses, I don't know. Not very many Bobcat fans on here and they have not had very good success in football throughout the years, so that would lead one to believe they have no reason to make excuses.
PHSForever Wrote:What gets me is that a school that has been CAUGHT cheating and punished for it very recently, actually has fans stupid enough to get on here and flap their gums about recruiting or juicing up. Pike Central, when they had that other coach, might as well have had Sandy Valley Transportation running their bus routes. Would have saved a boatload of wear and tear on their coaches cars.

The Daniels boy tried to transfer to Pikeville on his own. When you win, you attract players (like Belfry). KHSAA denied it, so he went back. If anything, I respect him a little more now for having gone back and apparently fitting right back in with his teammates, as they seem to have a good rapport on the field. So kudos to the young man for that, and their coaches as well.

As for the Pike Central fan? Well, it is funny how a school that's never won anything tries to flap their gums. Jealousy is an ugly color, but I guess it is prettier than that ugly old burnt orange and blue up on the hill. Lol

Caught is the key word in your whole post. You made your point, and mine when you said that when you win you attract players. Too bad that's not to be done in High School and notice that I used in the past when referring to shady activities. Pikeville has always been the team that, before consolidation began, all Pike Co. schools wanted to beat and it occurred rarely if it ever did.
specialteams5 Wrote:Caught is the key word in your whole post. You made your point, and mine when you said that when you win you attract players. Too bad that's not to be done in High School and notice that I used in the past when referring to shady activities. Pikeville has always been the team that, before consolidation began, all Pike Co. schools wanted to beat and it occurred rarely if it ever did.
Ahhh, Elkhorn had a few Virginia boys on their rosters a time or two. I know that for a fact. Don't get on here getting all holier than thou about "shady" activities. As long as rules are followed, I don't care if they play for Belfry, Pike Central, etc. Don't like the rules? Get them changed. What is wrong is being so especially egregious as moving into a trailer for a couple months, after they get "checked on" to be sure they "live in the district", then move back in with mommy and daddy in another county and ride with the coach (all that was caught on video over the course of several days as I am told) to school, is a blatant disregard for rules and sportsmanship. Pike Central and Pike County in general are better places now that Chapman is no longer there.

Gosh, I love the holier than thou people who get on here preaching about all the so called sins of Pikeville in the past, and NONE of them want to look in their own school's closets. Y'all plumb hypocrites.

The KHSAA is a joke, full of puffed up resume-stuffers just looking for their chance to look important and hope they someday get some kind of gold watch. The Cordia situation alone should prove that beyond all doubt. I would be ashamed to say I worked for KHSAA if I were in their shoes. Just so you don't think that I believe the KHSAA is the answer to everything or that they are the best. But if THEY slapped Chapman like they did, how much other stuff was uncovered that the general public doesn't know about? Especially when you consider how bad it was at Cordia and how much we know there and they still went all limp-d**k and crawdadded on that situation, as Rick Bentley said. So go on back to rooting around for water leaks over there in Elkhorn City, buddy. You're more likely to find something rotten there than at Pikeville.

Been staying out of it, BUT that statement just isn't true. Smile

And saying Pikeville lost due a "letdown" is pretty danged weak considering the degree of the beatdown, in my opinion.
Pburghad Pikeville beat at Pikeville so that statement is false.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next