• 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2011
At worst were 7-3 and best 9-1
belfry insider Wrote:at worst were 7-3 and best 9-1

who is the thre or one loss.
I was really hoping for a Belfry game this year at Harlan but I guess I have to wait.

Your coach should be #1 in wins this year passing the Newport coach for all time wins and Dudley.
SCHS#70 Wrote:who is the thre or one loss.

not SC, maybe HC,JC,Ashland
cuppett777 Wrote:not SC, maybe HC,JC,Ashland

Nice cuppett u read my mind. like 3 times in this one thread
Belfry Insider Wrote:Nice cuppett u read my mind. like 3 times in this one thread

lol, you know what they may about gr8 minds..

As I have posted many times previously, Belfry has had a tremendous program over the years, and has an extremely successful coach. Moreover, I expect them to do quite well in 2011.

I know it's a lot of fun to forecast the future (speculate). But anything can and, occasionally, does happen on a given Friday night. So, obviously, we'll have to wait and see what happens this fall. Belfry could go 10 and 0. But that may be a stretch.
The Contrarian Wrote:As I have posted many times previously, Belfry has had a tremendous program over the years, and has an extremely successful coach. Moreover, I expect them to do quite well in 2011.

I know it's a lot of fun to forecast the future (speculate). But anything can and, occasionally, does happen on a given Friday night. So, obviously, we'll have to wait and see what happens this fall. Belfry could go 10 and 0. But that may be a stretch.

Well im really just making a educated guess but if they go 10 and 0. It wont hurt feelings any. (no sarcasm intended)
Belfry Insider Wrote:Well im really just making a educated guess but if they go 10 and 0. It wont hurt feelings any. (no sarcasm intended)

I don't take it as sarcasm, and none was intended on my part. And, it is interesting to make forecasts, and then review them at the end of the season.
But with these high school guys, they can really keep it exciting.
Either way it goes.....

GO BIG RED!!! Smile

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]

its good to here that u have conifidence in sc! but we have lost 16 seniors but still some great players over here :Thumbs:
Belfry Insider Wrote:At worst were 7-3 and best 9-1

9-1 may be a stretch but maybe not. Belfry seems to always be good. They have a great tradition, and an extremely good coach. So good things can happen. People (Belfry fans) have hopes for 2011 and certainly can't be blamed for that.

I'm not a Belfry fan (Sheldon Clark) but do respect their program. Oh, I did root for them in the play-offs after SC was eliminated.
SCHS#70 Wrote:its good to here that u have conifidence in sc! but we have lost 16 seniors but still some great players over here :Thumbs:

in no way downing your program or the kids, i just think,they wont beat Belfry this yrs or for the next few yrs atleast..
cuppett777 Wrote:in no way downing your program or the kids, i just think,they wont beat Belfry this yrs or for the next few yrs atleast..

WELL WE WILL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND LET THE GAMES HAPPEN :Thumbs:
cuppett777 Wrote:in no way downing your program or the kids, i just think,they wont beat Belfry this yrs or for the next few yrs atleast..

SCHS#70 Wrote:WELL WE WILL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND LET THE GAMES HAPPEN :Thumbs:

As has been posted on this forum a few times, Belfry is the favorite in this district; and they always have a formadable team. But anything can happen on a given Friday night in high school football.

So, as was mentioned above, "we will just have to wait and let the games happen."
Isnt about time the kids started maxing for shirts? wonder how many 1000lb+ club we have this year?
Correct. Pretty sure Tuffy Willis is a 1200 pound kid, Keegan Fields hasn't maxed because of baseball but he's almost a guaranteed 1000 pounder because he squats the equivalent of a small house and a family of four.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Correct. Pretty sure Tuffy Willis is a 1200 pound kid, Keegan Fields hasn't maxed because of baseball but he's almost a guaranteed 1000 pounder because he squats the equivalent of a small house and a family of four.

i heard them 2 was probally the strongest on the team.
If I was to guess I'd say our line will consist of Fields, Nelson, and Duty (the returners) and probably Willis and Barnes added in. Barnes is the size of a house. I really have no clue as to the backfield this year, You never know who may pop up back there, you know?
I actually can answer my own question now that i talked to a coach:
Jonathan Aldana FB 157 1000lb club
Trey Willis FB 188 1100
Tuffy willis T/G 259 1200
using football season weights
How fast are trey and jonathan?
sry if i missed somebody
Just repeating that Keegan Fields will also join once baseball ends.
Oh yeah Keegan Fields got 1200 last year didnt he?
I would like to know the 40 times of the top 10?
i know josh dixon zack francisco and howie dotson are fast anybody else
I would assume Justin Johnson is one of the faster Pirates. Anyone have anymore input on how the offseason is progressing? Dixon played really well last year. Did he play baseball or has he been working out for the upcoming football season?
Belfry0304 Wrote:If I was to guess I'd say our line will consist of Fields, Nelson, and Duty (the returners) and probably Willis and Barnes added in. Barnes is the size of a house. I really have no clue as to the backfield this year, You never know who may pop up back there, you know?

if barnes and tuffy geta a fire burnt under them,they will be all state,before they leave Belfry..
PaytoPlay Wrote:I would assume Justin Johnson is one of the faster Pirates. Anyone have anymore input on how the offseason is progressing? Dixon played really well last year. Did he play baseball or has he been working out for the upcoming football season?

I think that the Dixon kid runs track and is pretty fast
http://ky.milesplit.com/teams/Belf/performances
thats a link to see the track times
Boys 100 Meter Dash
11.97 Pruitt, Jeffree Pikeville All Comers 2011-04-26
11.97 Dixon, Josh Pikeville All Comers 2011-04-26
12.33 Johnson, Justin Pikeville All Comers 2011-04-26
12.58 Dari, Davontae Pikeville All Comers 2011-04-26
12.87 Hatfield, Hayden Pikeville All Comers 2011-04-05
12.89 Carr, Trinity Pikeville All Comers 2011-04-26
13.24 Hensley, Tommy Pikeville All Comers 2011-04-26
13.62 Aldano, Jonathan Pikeville All Comers 2011-04-26
14.12 May, Timmy Pikeville All Comers 2011-04-26
14.19 Messer, Tony Pikeville All Comers 2011-04-26
according to that dixon is fastest, but howie dotson is playing baseball, and he can run with those boys,either way, seems to be alot of speed again, this year,go pirates
Thanks for the link man ^. That is cool info.
Just what i heard from some of the players that was timed in there 40-yard dash during max week--top 5 were 1.Josh Dixon 2.Howie Dotson 3.Zack Francisco 4.Eli Huddle 5.Justin Johnson, I believe the times ranged from 4.6's to 4.8's.
Get Ready Wrote:Just what i heard from some of the players that was timed in there 40-yard dash during max week--top 5 were 1.Josh Dixon 2.Howie Dotson 3.Zack Francisco 4.Eli Huddle 5.Justin Johnson, I believe the times ranged from 4.6's to 4.8's.

One would have to think that Belfry is the team to be at the top of the District in 2011, but this District is going to be extremely competitive this coming season, and strange things could happen.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Thanks for the link man ^. That is cool info.

No problem TongueirateSho
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next