Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pulaski County
54.10%
Harlan County
45.90%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County @ Harlan County 11/19
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The thing that makes Harlan Co. dangerous of late is their big play capability. I know Pulaski has it as well, but I watched Harlan Co. twice this year. I would assume that's more than anybody else that is not a Harlan Co. fan, and I've seen them twice since playing Pulaski.
The first meeting with Whitley, you could tell Harlan Co. was still trying to find itself, looking almost lost at times trying to stop Whitley's unusual offense. The second game, it really looked like a different team out there. They were well focused on the game at hand and even though Whitley did not play that well, I would assume Harlan still would have steam rolled us that night even if we would have played a good one.
This is where my prediction comes from....There's a huge difference in playing a team at home in the first game of the year, and then going to their place 2 hours away in the third round of the playoffs. With that mix and the fact that Harlan Co. is much improved since then, I picked Harlan Co. to win this one.

Posters can use past scores and yards per game all they want, you can throw that junk out, heck Whitley blew out SW 2 weeks ago and then gets blown out by Harlan Co. All that matters is who comes to play on Friday.

(Pulaski is also at a disadvantage when Harlan lets their cannons off after they score and you cant see nothing while your on offense cause it hangs overhead in the mountain haha jk)

I'm sticking by my pick to take Harlan in this one, but as many of you have said Pulaski could easily come in and win, and win big. It will all be decided Friday.

I've seen em 3 times Wink
Pulaski will win this game because they dont have a true weakness in any facet of their game. PC-37 Harlan Co-13
Pulaski will probably win this one by at least 3 tds.

I expect Pulaski will jump out to an early lead and get Harlan behind. So when its all said and done Harlan will not be able to grind the clock down because they will be behind and chasing points. If this happens Pulaski will win big because Harlan simply can't match them point for point. And this will cause Harlan to make mistakes and that leads to turn overs.

If PC starts off a little slow the game will be a little closer but I think they will still pull off the win. They are simply too fast and speed will kill.

PC has only lost 1 game this year, and the first game vs. Harlan wasn't an accident. They still won with 3 players out.
TongueirateSho
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The thing that makes Harlan Co. dangerous of late is their big play capability. I know Pulaski has it as well, but I watched Harlan Co. twice this year. I would assume that's more than anybody else that is not a Harlan Co. fan, and I've seen them twice since playing Pulaski.
The first meeting with Whitley, you could tell Harlan Co. was still trying to find itself, looking almost lost at times trying to stop Whitley's unusual offense. The second game, it really looked like a different team out there. They were well focused on the game at hand and even though Whitley did not play that well, I would assume Harlan still would have steam rolled us that night even if we would have played a good one.
This is where my prediction comes from....There's a huge difference in playing a team at home in the first game of the year, and then going to their place 2 hours away in the third round of the playoffs. With that mix and the fact that Harlan Co. is much improved since then, I picked Harlan Co. to win this one.

Posters can use past scores and yards per game all they want, you can throw that junk out, heck Whitley blew out SW 2 weeks ago and then gets blown out by Harlan Co. All that matters is who comes to play on Friday.

(Pulaski is also at a disadvantage when Harlan lets their cannons off after they score and you cant see nothing while your on offense cause it hangs overhead in the mountain haha jk)

I'm sticking by my pick to take Harlan in this one, but as many of you have said Pulaski could easily come in and win, and win big. It will all be decided Friday.
Pulaski has been to Highlands and seen the cannon before-the good thing for harlan is that they will get to save alot of there amo for next season! Confusedhh:
zaga_fan Wrote:I've seen em 3 times Wink

When did you see us a 3rd time?....besides...you ARE a fan!....DEEP DOWN!....:lmao:
pulaski has this one

PC 36
HC 7
leecoukfan Wrote:Geography lesson for the day: I-75 runs North and South going through Whitley, Laurel, Rockcastle, and Madison Counties. All of these are East of Pulaski County. The eastern boundary of Pulaski County is roughly 12 miles West of I-75 and Pulaski County High School is roughly 32 miles West of I-75.

I was just trying to give them credit, after all to be s mountan school you are supposed to be East of I-75. Confusedhh::biggrin:
Here is the thing - I have seen both teams play at least 4 times this year and Pulaski is the best team in the region by far. Harlan is the second best but they can not match pulaski's speed and size.I know all you homers think you can, but after you watch Pulaski for a half you will see in that you were talking with your heart and not your mind. Now its ok to back your team, I am just trying to give you some perspective that you can't see with your clouded mind and rose colored glasses. For all you mama bears and baby bears root for your little cubs and if you need some real football knowledge feel free to send me a post!! LOL.::thanks:
HC does have one huge advantage, Coach Larkey!!!! Pulaski has the better horses, but the Blackbears have a better jockey!!!!
Mama Bear Wrote:Poor Coach Larkey, I don't know how he has managed to win a game over the years, perhaps with your vast knowledge of football you can give him some advice....:eyeroll:

I know Mama Bear, I feel so sorry for Poor Coach Larkey. He has only three plays and don't know how to win. How many games has he won anyway? UUUMMMMMM......Would it be 250? Oh yeah, I think he got some kind of an award this year for the BIG 250 win!!!!!!
You know I think he runs just as many plays as it takes to win, so meat loaf, if he runs 3 or 30, it will be just enough to beat Pulaski.
meat loaf Wrote:Now its ok to back your team, I am just trying to give you some perspective that you can't see with your clouded mind and rose colored glasses.

[SIZE="3"]As opposed to your Maroon colored ones?...PA...LEEEZE!

Meat Loaf....You'er nothing more than a poor mans Steak!....And when the Black Bears get through proving what a power house they really are....you'er gonna be nothing but left overs!.... :lmao:
[/SIZE]

GO BLACK BEARS!!!!.....IN IT...TO WIN IT!!!!!Confusedmallchee:football::football::football:
I don't really know a lot about PC, but here's what I do know. They beat us, they have beat Mercer Co. and Clay Co . recently, and their coach wears a funny hat. I haven't followed them so that's it.
Here is what I know about the Black Bears, their defense is filthy, McKillin ran the ball very well against a big Whitley Co. Defense, we threw some passes, our Coach does not wear a hat. If our defense can pressure the QB and our offense can eat up the clock we can win!
I have to mention the shots at calling the Black Bears, Cubs. I know it's a neat little play to poke fun at, so I was trying to downgrade a Maroon. All I can come up with is if you lighten the color Maroon you have pink! So
Cubs. 28
PC Pinks. 17

Go Bears!!!
I have been reading this post and I have one thing to say, I hope somebody likes to eat crow cause whomever loses is going to need a lot of salt and pepper for that crow they are going to have to eat.
BigEastZebra Wrote:I have been reading this post and I have one thing to say, I hope somebody likes to eat crow cause whomever loses is going to need a lot of salt and pepper for that crow they are going to have to eat.

yah...you'er right!...lol

I had a mouth full when we lost to Bell....crow doesn't tatse very good!

but But i'd rather eat crow later...than say I never believed!

And Believe...I DO!!!

So hopefully,...I'll be leaving the crow eating to Pulaski!!!!...:biggrin:
Blue Bird or Eagle will for sure taste better than crow!
3wishes Wrote:I was just trying to give them credit, after all to be s mountan school you are supposed to be East of I-75. Confusedhh::biggrin:

I know, but I couldn't help myself...lol :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Patriot Wrote:Blue Bird or Eagle will for sure taste better than crow!

:Thumbs:......:theman:......:rockon:
Pulaski Wins.

I think some burgers and dogs would be even better! Is anyone going to be tailgating for this game?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rain, Sleet, Snow, or Ice Black Bear Nation will be out tailgating and Cheering on our Team!
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:FIRST PC has to beat the Bears(first game of the season will not even matter come Friday night) Then the almighty Bluebirds will have to get past the Eagles, (easier said than done this year ,imo...then MAYBE just MAYBE PC gets a shot at Highlands.....we'll see:biggrin:

It is easy to beat JC. Highlands, just have to stop JJ Judy. Any team with a D can do. That have been show two time so far this year. JC is afraid of Highlands. When they find out that Highland is going to drop to 4A. That is way they try to get put back into 5A. To get away from them. I will take a good D over a good O in ever games.
Patriot Wrote:Rain, Sleet, Snow, or Ice Black Bear Nation will be out tailgating and Cheering on our Team!

Will Black Bear Nation let the enemy come over and grab some of that good ole tailgating grub?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zaga_fan Wrote:I've seen em 3 times Wink

JV games dont count :wink: jk

I guess that would make you a fan then:blabbermo
BigEastZebra Wrote:I have been reading this post and I have one thing to say, I hope somebody likes to eat crow cause whomever loses is going to need a lot of salt and pepper for that crow they are going to have to eat.

LOL no doubt, glad its not my team playing, but seeing how i am the only Whitley fan that gets on here regularly I can kind of control the talks of my people haha.

Honestly guys, it will be a good game, PC is good, but HC really is coming on.
The QB for Pulaski is a beast of a player and I got to watch Whitley play them twice, and other than Highlands and Bell in 08 Pulaski was really the only team that even gave us a game. Pulaski also had the Hines kid then though. Last year if it wasn't for a stupid play call where we passed in PC territory down only a couple with a minute left we would have won that game because PC couldn't stop our run. (still dont know why we ever pass) but i know a year makes a big difference and from what PC and other have been saying and what they have proved over the season their D is much improved.
I would almost make the drive for this one, but i think ive had all the Harlan Co. I can take for one year haha. Good Luck to both teams.
leecoukfan Wrote:Will Black Bear Nation let the enemy come over and grab some of that good ole tailgating grub?

I'm sure they will, i got invited but showed up late and missed out.:HitWall:
They surprised me by their fan turnout as well, big crowd for them nearly filling the home stands, what a difference a year makes. Great crowd for them Friday.
Going with HC!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis

You bears will NEVER taste blue bird Wink
Filthy Animal Wrote:When did you see us a 3rd time?....besides...you ARE a fan!....DEEP DOWN!....:lmao:

I watched you guys play Clay Wink
It was a last minute thing lol
zaga_fan Wrote:I watched you guys play Clay Wink
It was a last minute thing lol

"last minute" as in had nothing better to do or "last minute" as in rushed to see your beloved black bears :biggrin:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:"last minute" as in had nothing better to do or "last minute" as in rushed to see your beloved black bears :biggrin:

Last minute as in I didn't wanna drive to Whitley and the CC-HC game was gonna be better and closer.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next