Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
67.44%
Raceland
32.56%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Raceland 10/23
This thread is about to be closed down unless we can get the subject on the ballgame.
CatDawg Wrote:This thread is about to be closed down unless we can get the subject on the ballgame.

Somebody always has to be a party pooper. Ok. back to the game. Raceland1,000,000 Russell 0.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Somebody always has to be a party pooper. Ok. back to the game. Raceland1,000,000 Russell 0.

Can't we keep this and start a new for the game? This is the funniest stuff I've read in a long time.
Lucifer Wrote:Can't we keep this and start a new for the game? This is the funniest stuff I've read in a long time.

Yeah......i haven't had this much fun since me and F-ball locked a fat guy in the back of a van... drove him around for hours with the windows rolled up and the heat going full blast on a hot July day trying to kill the poor guy from heat exhaustion.:please:
Raceland wins because the field is to small and it's an advantage!
FBALL Wrote:Russell offered to split the gate if the games were played at Henry R. Evans stadium and Raceland refused. They have said they will not continue the series with Ashland unless it is home and home either. I think both Russell and Ashland should tell them its been nice knowing ya and see if they can find a better game to prepare them and make money off of. I don't them Rams could.

How is this for whining. I wouldn't play on 3/4 of a field. Yes Russell is too good for that. For that matter so is Raceland. Hopefully that is being rectified.

What a load of crap about Russell not having a big fullback. Russell has never had a traditional fullback. The Russell offense is predicated on reading the blocks and making the right cut. Even the fullback. Rice by the way is a pretty good one.

They way Jones has run the ball wouldn't you give him the Lions share of the carries? I know I would.

Until the Lewis County game I thought Russell was a lock in this game. After watching the defensive performance against the pass the other night I think Raceland has a chance. The Russell Secondary vs the Raceland recieving corp will decide who wins this game.

The series was stopped because these two schools hate each other and there were too many fights. That and Russell had plenty of options to fill their schedule with the Tri State Athletic Conference in the 70's, the OKAC in the 80s and early 90s, and the realignment by the KHSAA in the mid 90s that put Russell in an 8 team district. Plain and simple Russell didn't need this series then and they still don't.

Yeah we should play a Morgan or Bath County. This series is good for the players and the fans. What are the negatives?
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Why don't you Russell people just admit it.....Times have changed....Nobody wants to be an Evil anymore......They all want to be Rams now. so join the crowd.....come on down to Ram town and drink the Orange Koolaid. By the way I should have copy righted "MY" catch phrase "Orange Koolaid" Some people have decided to try to make it their own, and even put it on t-shirts. Is nothing sacred anymore?

Anyone seen Devilologist lately? I am sure he is around somewhere.....Confusedhh::biggrin:
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Yeah......i haven't had this much fun since me and F-ball locked a fat guy in the back of a van... drove him around for hours with the windows rolled up and the heat going full blast on a hot July day trying to kill the poor guy from heat exhaustion.:please:

Ahh, good times. Good times.
Fred Sanford Wrote:Yeah we should play a Morgan or Bath County. This series is good for the players and the fans. What are the negatives?

Playing in a cracker box with no corners and having to listen to AM-A-DEVIL. Bring on Spring Valley or Wheelersburg.
FBALL Wrote:Playing in a cracker box with no corners and having to listen to AM-A-DEVIL. Bring on Spring Valley or Wheelersburg.

Or even Portsmouth West
FBALL Wrote:Playing in a cracker box with no corners and having to listen to AM-A-DEVIL. Bring on Spring Valley or Wheelersburg.

what kind of fun would that be? Who would you argue with in spring valley or wheelersburg? F-ball.....I swear sometimes you just make me want to eat 13 or so candy bars and go into a diabetic coma.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Or even Portsmouth West

hEY i WOULD rATHER PLAY IRONTON, HIGHLANDS, AND CINCINATTI ELDER AND OTHER INFERIOR TEAMS, BUT GEOGRAPHICS DICTATES EVERYTHING IN THE FINANCIALLY DEPRESSED TIMES THAT WE LIVE IN TODAY.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:what kind of fun would that be? Who would you argue with in spring valley or wheelersburg? F-ball.....I swear sometimes you just make me want to eat 13 or so candy bars and go into a diabetic coma.

You could help me start them up Willie Wonka.

Shoot, you have been to more Russell games with me than you have Raceland games any way.
Russell wins big on a down raceland
the watcher Wrote:Russell wins big on a down raceland

Russell is down from past years as well with just a little better team than last year but way down 02 03 04 05 06 and even 07 as well.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Russell is down from past years as well with just a little better team than last year but way down 02 03 04 05 06 and even 07 as well.

Russell won state in 05 and lost a close game to a what, 4a 5a team? in 06 that was playing a 2a schedule
What the am's defence is going to do when attacked by The Devil and Mr. Jones.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5gKJYiy3lQ"]YouTube - Scary Sheep Devil Joke[/ame]
the watcher Wrote:Russell won state in 05 and lost a close game to a what, 4a 5a team? in 06 that was playing a 2a schedule

in 05 we lost to Boyd 33-14, in 06 we faced Mercer County who should have been at least a 4a team and lost 15-12.

Anyway i'm not sure what your trying to get at. The point I was making is that by Russell standards we are used to winning 10+ games and we are down from past years as well. You make it sound like this Russell team is some world beater when you say Russell wins big over a down Raceland team.
Both teams are down compared to past years.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Both teams are down compared to past years.
:Thumbs:
FBALL Wrote:I don't know. I'm a Lewis County fan now according to some of them.

Ahh get over it FBALL. It was only a joke.
Wildcat89 Wrote:Ahh get over it FBALL. It was only a joke.

I know. I was just playing along. We have to mess with these mean old ams some way.
Raceland will win and I'll leave this thread alone until either I eat crow or say I told you so. Just in case I'll get a new tank for the grill! I think it will be steak and BUD friday night!Confusedmoke:
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Coming from the guy who said Fairview was second best in the area after week one? :please:

Great post let me tell you, had nothing to say about Fairview. Raceland has fine pressbox, terrible field and announcer is annoying as crap. Nobody should have to play at that place, its terrible.

Russell will win by at least two touchdowns, Raceland is 5-4 for a reason very average and no leadership. Good luck to both teams.
For a 1A school we do what we can. Shame I'm not a basketball fan, then I wouldn't have to listen to this.
I think this will be a close game. Goodluck to both teams.
Russellpride you have no idea! did you even play football? Run into Rocky Jobe or Cody Grant on the field or off the field and than tell me about leadership. People like you get on these boards and talk trash about these kids no matter what school they are from; that is wrong! When a program is a little down you haters talk like you really know something about the game.:dontthink:dontthink:dontthink
Hey RAM-A-DEVIL, your Raceland boys seem to be getting a little sensitive. Surely you have trained them better than that.

"haters" That's precious.
that's right Wrote:Russellpride you have no idea! did you even play football? Run into Rocky Jobe or Cody Grant on the field or off the field and than tell me about leadership. People like you get on these boards and talk trash about these kids no matter what school they are from; that is wrong! When a program is a little down you haters talk like you really know something about the game.:dontthink:dontthink:dontthink

Just ignore him :igiveup:
that's right Wrote:Russellpride you have no idea! did you even play football? Run into Rocky Jobe or Cody Grant on the field or off the field and than tell me about leadership. People like you get on these boards and talk trash about these kids no matter what school they are from; that is wrong! When a program is a little down you haters talk like you really know something about the game.:dontthink:dontthink:dontthink

Wasn't trash talking any kids, if it seemed that way I'm sorry just simply saying when you lose that bunch you had from last season a drop off has to be seen and leadership isn't as good. They are an average team 5-5 more than likely and I could see Lynn Camp or someone beating them in the first round if they don't get better in a hurry on offense.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next