Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
67.44%
Raceland
32.56%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Raceland 10/23
It's time for Russell-Raceland showdown in the 2009 rail cities bowl.

Can Russell get revenge for last years 30-23 defeat in the rail cities bowl at the hands of Raceland?

Russell comes in at 6-3 and Raceland comes in at 5-4.
This week should be a fun one with Ram-A-Devil and Fball going at it back and forth.

GO DEVILS:devilflam:Cheerlead
This threads going to get nasty so I'm basically staying out of it. Neither team has much to be happy about this year honestly. Neither team won the district, and if Raceland loses this one it will be the worst regular season record Raceland has had since 2000! Should be a battle. Espeicially after seeing that Greenup is nowhere near the same team without Carter! Good luck to both teams, it should be a good one!
Ram Fan04 Wrote:This threads going to get nasty so I'm basically staying out of it. Neither team has much to be happy about this year honestly. Neither team won the district, and if Raceland loses this one it will be the worst regular season record Raceland has had since 2000! Should be a battle. Espeicially after seeing that Greenup is nowhere near the same team without Carter! Good luck to both teams, it should be a good one!

Well imo you are right about Russell because Russell is used to winning 10 + games a season and 6-4 or 7-3 is just a mediocre season for Russell.
I will go with Russell by 14
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Espeicially after seeing that Greenup is nowhere near the same team without Carter!

Not sure how you tied this to the Russell/Raceland game? What did you mean?
Every player on Russell's team needs to step up their game this week, not only in order to beat Raceland but also in order to prepare for what they might have to face in week 1 of the playoffs. Sheldon Clark and Belfry were involved in a brawl tonight during their game so Sheldon Clark is likely going to have to face Pike County Central next week without several of their most important players. If Sheldon Clark loses, this means Russell is going to host a Sheldon Clark team that is wanting a rematch at Belfry like never before in week 1 of the playoffs.
Red Devils will burn the Rams.
Raceland will win this game in a close one, the D will hold Russell's runnig game to a couple TDs and if the (o) plays like they did the first Q tonight they will have no trouble scoring.
Always an exciting atmosphere between these two. Russell gets a little revenge at their house.
Russell in a very close game
Is it time to break out the lawn chairs for a Football game??? Hope Raceland is ready for a little back yard Whoopin'! "R" wanna-be's are going to be devistated this year. Russell may be down, but Raceland is really down. Good luck to the Rams, hope its injury free. The Defense better step it up a notch at Raceland, or the clock will run the second half! They are known for a great start offensively and stun thier opponents quick, not this year. They lack a KO punch.(No pun intended)

Russell 24+ pts. (by the 1st half)
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
With Coopper and Lee Mar back on the field for this game and hopefully better field conditions than the previous few weeks, should make for a very exciting game. If Russell comes to play and brings the tough D that we have seen this year (excluding the game last week :biggrinSmile Russell should have no problem in handling the Rams.

Russell 28
Raceland 14

Go Devils! :devilflam
Russell lacks a big strong fullback to make the short gain plays someone big & strong enough to run over people. Not necessarily speed well say someone like Lee Mar would be a great prospect ,Russell usually has kids that could fill this order if they were allowed to realize their full potential.
Wildcat89 Wrote:With Coopper and Lee Mar back on the field for this game and hopefully better field conditions than the previous few weeks, should make for a very exciting game. If Russell comes to play and brings the tough D that we have seen this year (excluding the game last week :biggrinSmile Russell should have no problem in handling the Rams.

Russell 28
Raceland 14

Go Devils! :devilflam

Don't forget Kamron Smith had pneumonia in the Lewis Co game and probably shouldn't have played in the first half.
jgrubby Wrote:Is it time to break out the lawn chairs for a Football game??? .... "R" wanna-be's are going to be devistated this year.

Russell 24+ pts. (by the 1st half)

I hope raceland drags over the baseball bleachers so that have a visitor capacity of > 50 people. The game is a great game to watch but the facility is way too small to host Russell. "R" wanna-be's .... I like that.
charliez Wrote:Russell lacks a big strong fullback to make the short gain plays someone big & strong enough to run over people. Not necessarily speed well say someone like Lee Mar would be a great prospect ,Russell usually has kids that could fill this order if they were allowed to realize their full potential.

Russell calls their fullbacks .... guards. Coach Jones doesn't like anyone in the backfield over 160 pounds if they are over 5'9".
RedDevil1981 Wrote:Russell calls their fullbacks .... guards. Coach Jones doesn't like anyone in the backfield over 160 pounds if they are over 5'9".

Coach Jones doesn't like anyone over 5'9" period!!! I believe it's called the "little man syndrome"...correct me if I wrong. :biggrin:
Lucifer Wrote:Don't forget Kamron Smith had pneumonia in the Lewis Co game and probably shouldn't have played in the first half.

I hadn't heard that he had pneumonia. We need him healtly for the Raceland game and games preceding that. Kamrom and Will Rice might be two of the hardest players on the team this year. Those two never quit playing reguardless of the score. It's always fun to watch kids like this play. Thanks for the update!
Don't worry BIG RUSSELL GUYS little old run down Raceland may have a few folding chairs with head rest on them for your big heads! You will not run on Raceland if all is healthy so, you better be able to throw a pass or it will be like last year! It is senior night and the head hunters will be out in full strength!:kneel:The last three years Raceland has won the wieght meet with ease, the only strong kids Russell had was smith and jones, so get real it will be a good game to watch and may both teams have fun and not get hurt.:rockon:
that's right Wrote:Don't worry BIG RUSSELL GUYS little old run down Raceland may have a few folding chairs with head rest on them for your big heads! You will not run on Raceland if all is healthy so, you better be able to throw a pass or it will be like last year! It is senior night and the head hunters will be out in full strength!:kneel:The last three years Raceland has won the wieght meet with ease, the only strong kids Russell had was smith and jones, so get real it will be a good game to watch and may both teams have fun and not get hurt.:rockon:
This is not the same Ram team that you all have had the last 3 yrs., plus if Farley is still injured, and the Ram nation is still thinking this team should play like the team they had the last 3 yrs., the Devils do play like all Russell teams play, pound the ground, and play good defense, plus there is the revenge thing, from the Rams beating them last yr., I'll have to go with the Devils by 2 tds. :Thumbs:
Wildcat89 Wrote:Coach Jones doesn't like anyone over 5'9" period!!! I believe it's called the "little man syndrome"...correct me if I wrong. :biggrin:

Whatever the reason it hurts the offence not having a back like that & really stings knowing they are available. Look back at 05 Edwards ( who had plenty more potential) was a fine example.
good luck red devils
the red devils always play good d i like watching them play:devilflam
charliez Wrote:Russell lacks a big strong fullback to make the short gain plays someone big & strong enough to run over people. Not necessarily speed well say someone like Lee Mar would be a great prospect ,Russell usually has kids that could fill this order if they were allowed to realize their full potential.

Definitely not big, but Will Rice is plenty strong enough. Davidson or Dehoff would be a great back-up at fullback. Will Rice has more than performed at the fullback position. Just not enough touches. Dad makes sure of that.
I feel confident the Red Devils will win this by as many as 3 TD's!
I hate going to play at Raceland's field. Russell should have made a deal like Ashland.
4real Wrote:I hate going to play at Raceland's field. Russell should have made a deal like Ashland.
Yeah I don't understand why Raceland goes to Ashland every year but doesn't have to come to Russell every year. Russell has just as many fans as Ashland does.
Ashland pays Raceland to go up there every year. Maybe Russell did not want to pay Raceland? And I know Raceland's facilities aren't up to par with alot of peoples in this area. Most 1A schools aren't with an exception of a couple.
Raceland has one of the better fields in 1a that I have seen. You guys think that you are too good to play at Raceland? I have read so much whining about it. Does the track going through the corners of the end zone worry you that much? Get over it, both teams play on the same field.
  • 1(current)
  • Next