Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 2009
TRAIN85 Wrote:These are our top 6 lineman heights and weights
6'6" 280 - 6'3" 260 - 6'1" 280 - 6'1" 260 - 6'1" 250 - 6'2" 225

Very big line and do they have a lot of speed?
I was at that game (I know, Right). That Paintsville game was their best performance of the year. The line was ready for that game. Especially #70 he was the most fired up person I've have ever seen.
j-strong Wrote:Jared Tackett is wha i have heard

OK, Thank You.
gobigblue65 Wrote:I was at that game (I know, Right). That Paintsville game was their best performance of the year. The line was ready for that game. Especially #70 he was the most fired up person I've have ever seen.

that was Dusty K.
i know, right? Wrote:that was Dusty K.
I think Dusty is 77 and Tibbs is 70.
MisterPerfect Wrote:Is it a possibility of this Freshman class winning a State Title in there career?

Sure Hope so!!:rockon:
Quote:Originally Posted by gobigblue65
I was at that game (I know, Right). That Paintsville game was their best performance of the year. The line was ready for that game. Especially #70 he was the most fired up person I've have ever seen.

that was Dusty K.

Yeah Panther Thunder is the right one I just looked on their sports page to verify it. Dusty is 77 and Justin Mullins is 70. Who is better of the two?
gobigblue65 Wrote:Yeah Panther Thunder is the right one I just looked on their sports page to verify it. Dusty is 77 and Justin Mullins is 70. Who is better of the two?

Im watched both of the players play last year and Justin "Tibbs" Mullins is by the far the better player of the two. He's faster, a hustler, and make plays on both sides of the ball
Who is Pikeville playing the Pike County Bowl this year???
^Covington Holy Cross
j-strong Wrote:Im watched both of the players play last year and Justin "Tibbs" Mullins is by the far the better player of the two. He's faster, a hustler, and make plays on both sides of the ball

Who do you think will make up the O line this season?? I know things can change between now and august, buy for now how does it look??
Big Five-0- Wrote:Who do you think will make up the O line this season?? I know things can change between now and august, buy for now how does it look??
Right now I see Tibbs and sophomore Blake Robinson at tackles. Jarrod "Moose" Anderson and Ben Staggs at guard with Dusty at center. Madison Coleman is a kid that could challenge at guard and the wild card in all this is Chase Branham and how well hes able to come back from knee surgery. Still this a big but athletic line which in this new offense is a good fit.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Right now I see Tibbs and sophomore Blake Robinson at tackles. Jarrod "Moose" Anderson and Ben Staggs at guard with Dusty at center. Madison Coleman is a kid that could challenge at guard and the wild card in all this is Chase Branham and how well hes able to come back from knee surgery. Still this a big but athletic line which in this new offense is a good fit.

Do you think that Anthony will get to play very much this coming season? He has to make up for 6 yrs of not playing the game and so much to learn.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Right now I see Tibbs and sophomore Blake Robinson at tackles. Jarrod "Moose" Anderson and Ben Staggs at guard with Dusty at center. Madison Coleman is a kid that could challenge at guard and the wild card in all this is Chase Branham and how well hes able to come back from knee surgery. Still this a big but athletic line which in this new offense is a good fit.

Sounds like this could be one of the best lines at PHS in a while. Thanks,
jetpilot Wrote:^Covington Holy Cross

Know anything about them for the upcoming season ??
They played Louisville Holy Cross last year, so are they playing Louisville or Covington Holy Cross?
fbcoachnoitall Wrote:They played Louisville Holy Cross last year, so are they playing Louisville or Covington Holy Cross?
No they played Corbin last year. They beat Louisville Holy Cross in 2007. They play Covington Holy Cross this year in the PCB.
KentuckyGent44 Wrote:Do you think that Anthony will get to play very much this coming season? He has to make up for 6 yrs of not playing the game and so much to learn.
I see AE getting to play quite a bit this year on both sides of the ball. The kid is a natural athlete and picked up on things pretty quick in spring ball. I guess Anthony Evans is who youre talking about right?
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I see AE getting to play quite a bit this year on both sides of the ball. The kid is a natural athlete and picked up on things pretty quick in spring ball. I guess Anthony Evans is who youre talking about right?

yeah. He has been only playing basketball, but wanted to try baseball and football this year. Hopefully, he will make a good player in all the sports this coming season.
KentuckyGent44 Wrote:yeah. He has been only playing basketball, but wanted to try baseball and football this year. Hopefully, he will make a good player in all the sports this coming season.
He will be a big help to all 3. If he works hard he could be a two way starter this year.
I hope Ben does well with these kids
phelps2002 Wrote:I hope Ben does well with these kids
IMO these boys have gotten better in the 2 months since Ben was hired than they did in 5 years under Jackson/ Copley. Attitude makes a big difference.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:IMO these boys have gotten better in the 2 months since Ben was hired than they did in 5 years under Jackson/ Copley. Attitude makes a big difference.

Yes. That's exactly right.
it seems to me the same people taht were on the jackson/copely bandwagon have jumped ship to the howard bandwagon now. the last few years they talked them up as a great choice for pikeville. guess they forget easily.
sportsman Wrote:it seems to me the same people taht were on the jackson/copely bandwagon have jumped ship to the howard bandwagon now. the last few years they talked them up as a great choice for pikeville. guess they forget easily.

Most Pikeville fans were scratching their heads when Jackson was hired and cussing when Copley was hired (not so much Copley as a person, but hiring from the same failed staff.) The last two hires are not in the same universe as the Ben Howard hire. Just about every single Pikeville fan knows this.
jetpilot Wrote:Most Pikeville fans were scratching their heads when Jackson was hired and cussing when Copley was hired (not so much Copley as a person, but hiring from the same failed staff.) The last two hires are not in the same universe as the Ben Howard hire. Just about every single Pikeville fan knows this.

Jet Pilot is 100% correct. This program enters a whole different level with Ben at the helm.
jetpilot Wrote:Most Pikeville fans were scratching their heads when Jackson was hired and cussing when Copley was hired (not so much Copley as a person, but hiring from the same failed staff.) The last two hires are not in the same universe as the Ben Howard hire. Just about every single Pikeville fan knows this.

haha.......GREAT POST!
my dad who played at Pikeville many years ago was like this!
sportsman Wrote:it seems to me the same people taht were on the jackson/copely bandwagon have jumped ship to the howard bandwagon now. the last few years they talked them up as a great choice for pikeville. guess they forget easily.
So what youre saying is that people who supported Jackson and Copley cant be Pikeville fans anymore?
OLDHOSS Wrote:Yes. That's exactly right.

This makes me sick, seriously how can his affiliation with a program for approximately 2 months already improve the attitudes? I don't believe that for a minute. Heck, you already got a couple of them boys getting in touble! And that, is the kind of thing I was talking about with BH, I bet he really gave them a hard talking to.....:thatsfunn
DJCOOL Wrote:This makes me sick, seriously how can his affiliation with a program for approximately 2 months already improve the attitudes? I don't believe that for a minute. Heck, you already got a couple of them boys getting in touble! And that, is the kind of thing I was talking about with BH, I bet he really gave them a hard talking to.....:thatsfunn
:biggrin:
If we had a loser for a HC you wouldn't say a word , would you?? Now as far as Ben giving ''them boys'' a hard talkig to, let Ben do the coaching and just set back and ----enjoy----!!!!