•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Floyd 2009
I see the Raiders going 5-5... they will do alot better than last year thats fersure
Well IMO if everybody stays with it and the ones that say their gonna play actually play and the boys on that team try to their best ability i see them going 6-4 7-3 they are deff. not the same team as last year
I see them winning 2 games at the most. Im not sure on how the numbers are or seen any of the new players, but if they dont get a line they're not going to do much. That was their problem last year, plus alot of injuries.
I think they will be alright in a couple of years. They got a lot of talented 8th graders coming up and they got the boy that sit out last year, not sure on his name. They will surprise some teams if they take them likely.
JackFrost Wrote:I see them winning 2 games at the most. Im not sure on how the numbers are or seen any of the new players, but if they dont get a line they're not going to do much. That was their problem last year, plus alot of injuries.

I agree..
They have alot of freshmen coming in this year that will make a impact right away... so next year an the yrs to come the raiders will surprise alot of people. but i think this will be a regroup year for them but i still see them winning 5 games this year.
Against who? Phelps, BL, and AC are all toss-up games. Magoffin County, Paintsville, East Ridge, and Pikeville most likly losses. Not sure who all they have left on there schedule. I think i remember something about them playing berea which could be a win but more then likly another toss-up. But good luck in 09 Raiders!
lol well no use to fight an argue about it just wait till the season rolls around you will be suprised
I agree. I think they will surprise some people next year. They'll be young which will be their biggest issue but will have the talent and will for a good season.
I hope they surprise me
Real Badman Wrote:Against who? Phelps, BL, and AC are all toss-up games. Magoffin County, Paintsville, East Ridge, and Pikeville most likly losses. Not sure who all they have left on there schedule. I think i remember something about them playing berea which could be a win but more then likly another toss-up. But good luck in 09 Raiders!

I do not see the BL or AC game being a toss up. AC only lost 1 or 2 starters from last years team that beat SF by 34 at SF and BL is much improved from a year ago when they beat SF by 10 at SF. If any thing the Magoffin game which SF lost by 6 on the road, Phelps that SF lost by 2 on the road and ER which was a close game until 2nd half on the road will be toss up games as SF will have them all at home this year. I think SF will show much improvement this year in Coach Jody Hall's second year but I think they win 3 or 4 games. Hope to see all the Floyd Co teams make the playoffs, good luck Raiders.
So your saying South Floyd will have an easier time beating East Ridge and Magoffin County then what they would BL or AC????
Unfortunatley another down year for the Raiders, Imo. Unless Coach Little and Coach Hall does something with the line they literally wont go anywhere. Moore has a year under his belt now which should make him better. They lost a lot of talent, leading tackler, leading rusher, and leading reciever. Im a Raider all the way but i just dont se them doing so good this year. Give the freshman aboout a year or so and then they will in business. Sf will always have the "skill players" but their line last year was atrocious.
well everybody has their own opinions so nobody really knows how the seasons gonna turn out until they hit the field they might not win a game this year or they might win 8 nobody knows until the players step on the field that's when your gonna be able to judge the team
I also agree that they need a line. They lost a few good lineman last year. Lets just hope some young guys can step in early. They also lost two good backs and their man deffensive player, at the same time they are getting more backs and lineman out but not sure if some players will have the same effect that last years players did.
Real Badman Wrote:So your saying South Floyd will have an easier time beating East Ridge and Magoffin County then what they would BL or AC????

I don't think any of those games will be easier than the other, any win SF gets next year will be a dog fight win. What I meant was they lost to BL and AC at Raider Field and will play those teams on the road this year and the played Magoffin and ER tough on the road last year and have them at home this season. The Raiders seem to play better at home, since 04 SF has 13 wins at home and 8 on the road. I am only suggesting that SF may play a better game on their field and give Magoffin and ER a tougher game because they are at home.
If you can tell yet, who does the front 5 look like they're going to be?
its kinda hard to tell who they're front 5 will be yet the only ones i could tell forsure right now would prolly be dougie mathews dillon hall and justin patton (if he plays) but he should he does this s**t every year but he always comes out not really the attitude you want on your team but with such a small school you can't be too picky
Justin is one of the strongest boys ive seen in a while but he dont wanna hit anyone, Mathews is a good linemen, stong and dont mind hittin ya, Hall is a big boy but again he is only gonna be a freshman now in a year or so he'll be one of the toughest linemen in the mountain but 9 times out of 10 freshman dont have a big enough impact to change the outcome of a game, maybe a play or two but not an entire game. Good luck to all these boys, i hope you prove me wrong....GO RAIDERS
From going on last year and the freshmen coming up, I predict the line will go a little something like this. Going in order from LT to RT. Patton-Howell-Mathews-Meade-Ousley (if he plays) if not then Hall
so your saying ousley over hall hall might be younger than ousley but he has played since he was first able to ousley i dont think has ever even put a pair of pads on before and IMO hall would be a better choice,and Meade if your talking about bobby meade why would they put him on the line he plays fullback
I think they're talking about John Meade, but it's all untellin who will start until they get in pads and practice a little.
south floyed is gonna be alright this year but still there gonna be south floyed
Damageplan6604 Wrote:so your saying ousley over hall hall might be younger than ousley but he has played since he was first able to ousley i dont think has ever even put a pair of pads on before and IMO hall would be a better choice,and Meade if your talking about bobby meade why would they put him on the line he plays fullback

For one Ousley will be a Senior and even though he hasn't played before, I think he has alot of potential. And I was referring to John Meade as being on the line. But you never know they may put Bobby Meade there as well.
I hope all this discussing about who's gonna be on the starting line cause's these boys to work and earn a spot. That's their biggest problem, they always have pretty decent backs just hardly get a good line.
How many are left? The group that are seniors at South Floyd this year should be the same bunch who run the table for the Floyd County Middle School Championship. If they held onto them they should be a good team, but like i asked before, How many are left? Jody Hall is a good coach. He turned down a couple of offers to be the head coach at South Floyd. I hope those kids are still there.
hawg laig Wrote:How many are left? The group that are seniors at South Floyd this year should be the same bunch who run the table for the Floyd County Middle School Championship. If they held onto them they should be a good team, but like i asked before, How many are left? Jody Hall is a good coach. He turned down a couple of offers to be the head coach at South Floyd. I hope those kids are still there.

I think they have a lot of the lineman that played on that team but lost most of the backfield except Bobby Meade. They lost two backs and the qb. However the new qb, Dakota will be a very good addition for this team. I agree Coach Jody Hall will have these boys ready to play.
Colonel Kill Wrote:I think they have a lot of the lineman that played on that team but lost most of the backfield except Bobby Meade. They lost two backs and the qb. However the new qb, Dakota will be a very good addition for this team. I agree Coach Jody Hall will have these boys ready to play.

I remember watching this team. The 2 running backs they lost were extremely fast. Seems like I recall one of them moving to the Cincinnati area after 8th grade. Anyone know what kind of high school football career he has had? And who is the new QB, Dakota?
gotcha2 Wrote:I remember watching this team. The 2 running backs they lost were extremely fast. Seems like I recall one of them moving to the Cincinnati area after 8th grade. Anyone know what kind of high school football career he has had? And who is the new QB, Dakota?

If I was informed correctly the one that moved right after middle school didnt continue to play football. The other who moved a year or so later still plays but Im not sure who for or how he is doing. The new QB is Dakota Hall. He moved here from Rowan County where he was QB, not sure of his stats tho. But the information about the two who moved, im not sure if its 100%. But I belive it is.
JackFrost Wrote:If I was informed correctly the one that moved right after middle school didnt continue to play football. The other who moved a year or so later still plays but Im not sure who for or how he is doing. The new QB is Dakota Hall. He moved here from Rowan County where he was QB, not sure of his stats tho. But the information about the two who moved, im not sure if its 100%. But I belive it is.

Didn't see a Dakota Hall on Rowan's 2008 roster. There was a Dakota Newsome listed as a QB last season.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next