• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Floyd 2009
I look for another down year for the Raiders. May go 2-8. Opinions?
If they get the fullback back they may surprise some schools. They had a descent grade school team. They may have to throw the young guys into pivotal roles.
Anyone got a Raider schedule?
i think the raiders will be much improved in 2009. not the top in the dist. but def. not at the bottom again, the raiders have some talent returning in tyler moore and with some help bobby meade, but they also have 3 really good freshmen on the way, in weston little (RB) AJ johnson (DT) and dylan hall (DT,OT) that will more than likely see more playin time than they expect if not start, so i think they are still rebuilding but should make playoffs
LUMBERJACK'06 Wrote:i think the raiders will be much improved in 2009. not the top in the dist. but def. not at the bottom again, the raiders have some talent returning in tyler moore and with some help bobby meade, but they also have 3 really good freshmen on the way, in weston little (RB) AJ johnson (DT) and dylan hall (DT,OT) that will more than likely see more playin time than they expect if not start, so i think they are still rebuilding but should make playoffs

I could see at least one of those freshman if not all three starting next season.
Imo they will have another down year. Yes Weston was a great running back in middle school but high school is a different game. Now dont get me wrong he is good but i dont think he will have that much of an impact his freshmon year. If meade comes back he will get the bulk of the carries, but little will have to help a little. They do get back Tyler Moore, and if I was the coach i would put him back at RB. He is one of the best athletes they have. SF runs the ball a lot and you can get anyone with a half decent arm to get back there and hand the ball off 80 percent of the time. They lost soome good backs in Howell and Mitchell. To play the way SF does you need 2 good running backs. But in the end i will say 1-9, no playoffs. Good luck though raiders.
the raiders will be alright & have about an even season...theyy are young just 3-4 sr's and a junior. i expect them to get back on track nxt yr and keep improving in the next 3-4 yrs
Remorcefull Raider Wrote:Imo they will have another down year. Yes Weston was a great running back in middle school but high school is a different game. Now dont get me wrong he is good but i dont think he will have that much of an impact his freshmon year. If meade comes back he will get the bulk of the carries, but little will have to help a little. They do get back Tyler Moore, and if I was the coach i would put him back at RB. He is one of the best athletes they have. SF runs the ball a lot and you can get anyone with a half decent arm to get back there and hand the ball off 80 percent of the time. They lost soome good backs in Howell and Mitchell. To play the way SF does you need 2 good running backs. But in the end i will say 1-9, no playoffs. Good luck though raiders.

I agree, it's hard to throw freshman to the wolves right away. The games a little different and faster than their used to. If they do have to play that's good for 2 years down the road though. It's hard to beat a 4 year starter as a leader and a go to guy
Is Tommy Joe going to play?
EKY_Soccer_Fanatic Wrote:Is Tommy Joe going to play?
no he has decided to stick with basketball, for some reason he has chose to give up on in my opion the kids best sport but oh well...
tommy joe could have helped the raiders but i think they will be alright without him....from the 8th graders coming up and the talent they have returnin they also have also been talking more kids at the school into playing...they should be fine next year
Who is going to be the Raider HC?
I would say jody hall would be the head coach he was last year. Why wouldnt he?
jody is the head coach but i think its takin him some time to get use to taht instead of being under donnie daniels
jody hall os the head coach but coach daniels will still be around to help out just as he done last season
Who are the new players they got?
I've seen Little,Johnson,and Hall play Middle Schhol ball what makes the kids so good is that they have played ball together for 5 years. what suprises me is that none of them give less than 110%.
them are 3 good freshman coming up..
they are good. who do you think will make more of an impact on the team?
23ukwildcats23 Wrote:they are good. who do you think will make more of an impact on the team?

If Bobby Meade plays he will have the biggest impact as a indivdual player, but IMO David Slone will step up his senior year and be a go to guy as well, even if Meade plays or not.
i agree but i heard david slone ain't lifting because his dad wont let him cause his grades
slone is expected to start liftin soon...
1underarmour1 Wrote:slone is expected to start liftin soon...

Who is Slone?
I think he is talking about David Slone who is a senior and yes i agree with remorceful raider they lost a big time player in Kyle Howell who was a game braker who I heard is going to commit along with Greg Mitchell to Pikeville College best of luck guys!!
who will be quarterbacking?
david slone #14 and the qb will prlly be tyler moore
Remorcefull Raider Wrote:Imo they will have another down year. Yes Weston was a great running back in middle school but high school is a different game. Now dont get me wrong he is good but i dont think he will have that much of an impact his freshmon year. If meade comes back he will get the bulk of the carries, but little will have to help a little. They do get back Tyler Moore, and if I was the coach i would put him back at RB. He is one of the best athletes they have. SF runs the ball a lot and you can get anyone with a half decent arm to get back there and hand the ball off 80 percent of the time. They lost soome good backs in Howell and Mitchell. To play the way SF does you need 2 good running backs. But in the end i will say 1-9, no playoffs. Good luck though raiders.

I agree they did lose a good runnin back in Howell who was a game braker and could break u down then fly right past u everytime this kid touched the ball i see SF without a win this year maybe another 1-9 season good luck!
Did tyler moore QB last year?
yeah tyler moore was qb last year and yeah they lost a great running back in howell but i see them getting better next year
Whats the numbers looking like?
  • 1(current)
  • Next