Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 47 Mingo Central, WV 7
That’s fine if it does not Happen but let me correct you on one thing it was not grown adult mingo fans holding up signs making fun of KIDS!!!! Yes I heard mingo fans did some bad stuff two but they where not the only ones.. invite bluefield or martinsburg to play at the cam I’m sure they will come if they got a opening.
Ralph Furley Wrote:How many Mingo County kids were on the roster at Belfry during those four championships? How many were from Logan County? How soon you all forget just how much Mingo County West Virginia has contributed to the success of Belfry football that past 15 years. I would venture to guess that over half of your offensive backfield this season is from the Mountaineer State. Didn’t you all just receive Tug Valley’s starting QB and Center from last year? I believe I saw that on David and Darryl’s site.

You mean just like some of the KY kids that contributed to the basketball championships at Williamson?
TheTruthwillset Wrote:That’s fine if it does not Happen but let me correct you on one thing it was not grown adult mingo fans holding up signs making fun of KIDS!!!! Yes I heard mingo fans did some bad stuff two but they where not the only ones.. invite bluefield or martinsburg to play at the cam I’m sure they will come if they got a opening.

We will take all comers. Always have, always will. Like the team we play on the 13th, Archbishop Alter. No pansy there. Research them and you will see. We may get it handed to us, but we don’t duck anyone.
Many of them come when they are young kids and attend KY schools from the elementary level. Yes there are some that came later on at the middle school or freshman year. One question you should ask yourself is "why do these kids leave Mingo county schools?" Kids are treated better and the opportunities are better is why. I've actually had kids tell me who have attended belfry and mingo and the culture is completely different between the two schools. It's cool that they make all these "cool" uniforms and videos but kids want to play for a winner and until mingo proves they can win at a consistent level, then they will continue to lose kids to Belfry. Be honest, would you rather your kid play at Tug Valley or Belfry? Kids are coached better and they have much better resources to showcase their talent at Belfry. Facilities are better, coaching us better, competition is better, and academics are better. Same reason why a kid would choose Alabama over their home state school. Better opportunities to showcase talent to get to the next level.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:You mean just like some of the KY kids that contributed to the basketball championships at Williamson?

I have no clue about Williamson basketball. Lord that was weak.
Ralph Furley Wrote:Of course you wouldn’t be talking to the kids because without the kids from Mingo County, Belfry football would be slightly better than Pike Central. You all need the West Virginia kids and you know it.

There are reasons they want to cross the river. Btw, give us back Mark Cline and we will call it even 😂.
Ralph Furley Wrote:Of course you wouldn’t be talking to the kids because without the kids from Mingo County, Belfry football would be slightly better than Pike Central. You all need the West Virginia kids and you know it.

Yep ....just like Williamson needed Mark Cline to win those championships. 😂. You old enough to remember that ?
Ralph Furley Wrote:I have no clue about Williamson basketball. Lord that was weak.

No...your response just speaks volumes ......😂😂😂. But it’s ok. We understand.
Hey Ralph Furley did Chrissy and Janet and Jack Tripper get on your nerves? Asking for a friend.
pirateforlife Wrote:Many of them come when they are young kids and attend KY schools from the elementary level. Yes there are some that came later on at the middle school or freshman year. One question you should ask yourself is "why do these kids leave Mingo county schools?" Kids are treated better and the opportunities are better is why. I've actually had kids tell me who have attended belfry and mingo and the culture is completely different between the two schools. It's cool that they make all these "cool" uniforms and videos but kids want to play for a winner and until mingo proves they can win at a consistent level, then they will continue to lose kids to Belfry. Be honest, would you rather your kid play at Tug Valley or Belfry? Kids are coached better and they have much better resources to showcase their talent at Belfry. Facilities are better, coaching us better, competition is better, and academics are better. Same reason why a kid would choose Alabama over their home state school. Better opportunities to showcase talent to get to the next level.

I understand completely that kids want to play for a winner. But what I’m getting at is the arrogance that’s on this thread by a majority of the Belfry fans on here. They love to look down their noses at the Mingo County people and program but are more than happy to take their kids. Some of their hypocrisy knows no bounds. Does all the Mingo County craziness leave once they cheer for the big red? Or is it looked over because they’ve brought their kid to Belfry?
:truestory:
Ralph Furley Wrote:I understand completely that kids want to play for a winner. But what I’m getting at is the arrogance that’s on this thread by a majority of the Belfry fans on here. They love to look down their noses at the Mingo County people and program but are more than happy to take their kids. Some of their hypocrisy knows no bounds. Does all the Mingo County craziness leave once they cheer for the big red? Or is it looked over because they’ve brought their kid to Belfry?

Perceived arrogance is only a reaction to 9 years of begging to play in KY and when they finally got invited they 💩 themselves. And no some of that does not change when they come across the river 😂.
Ok, not only has this thread played out, but it has gotten completely off topic. If you all want to debate the whole Belfry\ West Virginia thing, start another thread.