Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 47 Mingo Central, WV 7
Final from the Pike County Bowl. Don’t know what people was talking about Mingo being a good opponent for Pikeville. They are way down this year. That offense and defense isn’t up to snuff
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
There is nothing to even post on here... shock and awe all night
Hambley Wrote:There is nothing to even post on here... shock and awe all night

Fair enough. It got ugly quick
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Congrats Panthers on a great win. Now, let's get ready to handle Paintsville net Friday.
Did not expect this. Total Domination in every facet of the game by my Panthers! On to Paintsville in what should be a dandy! HAIL PIKEVILLE!!!
Congratulations Pikeville. A great display of how football is played. Just two different levels of athletes and programs on the field. That puts a end to that chatter. Sometimes you have to be careful what you ask for, you just might get it. Good luck to Mingo Central the rest of the season. Great game to learn from. Mingo will not face a team the rest of the year like they played tonight.
Mingo Central isn't way down. They are ranked 4th in WV 2A and have 2 1st team all staters back who have put up huge numbers as well as most of their starters and 2 big transfers. They will win a bunch of games in their conference.
Top level KY football is just much better and Pikeville made them look bad.
Good win for Pikeville, would love to be at the Paintsville game next week...but can't, we got a game and stuff.
Mingo has some nice players. They just ran into a Maroon Buzzsaw!!! Good luck to them the rest of the season!
jetpilot Wrote:Mingo Central isn't way down. They are ranked 4th in WV 2A and have 2 1st team all staters back who have put up huge numbers as well as most of their starters and 2 big transfers. They will win a bunch of games in their conference.
Top level KY football is just much better and Pikeville made them look bad.
Top level KY Single A is not better than top level AA in wv. Mingo central is nowhere near the top of AA this year. Bluefield has 6 guys on their roster with D1 offers, fairmont has 4 guys with D1 offers. Both of those teams would also kill Mingo. But I would say pikeville wouldn’t be to far behind them. Mingo central won’t be a top 10 team
^^^You just posted a few hours ago that Mingo would score 38 on Pikeville and was much better than everyone on here thought so.....
tvhs-25 Wrote:Top level KY Single A is not better than top level AA in wv. Mingo central is nowhere near the top of AA this year. Bluefield has 6 guys on their roster with D1 offers, fairmont has 4 guys with D1 offers. Both of those teams would also kill Mingo. But I would say pikeville wouldn’t be to far behind them. Mingo central won’t be a top 10 team

Blah Blah Blah....All we have ever heard is what would happen if Mingo ever got a shot at Belfry and Pikeville. Well tonight they got it handed to them and will again next year. Speed was the difference tonight by far.
FoSho Wrote:Good win for Pikeville, would love to be at the Paintsville game next week...but can't, we got a game and stuff.

FoSho after you guys beat Danville go to aroundPaintsville.com and you can watch it. They always video their games. That’s if you want to. Good luck in the rest of your season.
tvhs-25 Wrote:Top level KY Single A is not better than top level AA in wv. Mingo central is nowhere near the top of AA this year. Bluefield has 6 guys on their roster with D1 offers, fairmont has 4 guys with D1 offers. Both of those teams would also kill Mingo. But I would say pikeville wouldn’t be to far behind them. Mingo central won’t be a top 10 team

Bottom line WV high school is sh-t compared to Ky
Congratulations to Pikeville and from what I seen tonight was by far one of the best performances I have seen out of these young men. Don’t get the big head you guys definitely have a challenge next week but enjoy this one then back to work next week. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
Running clock in the first half. Mingo gets a late score with starters against the JV defense. Total domination by the Panthers. I really thought Mingo would have been better than that.
Mingo goes down :Hole::Hole::Hole::Hole::Hole::Hole: Congratulations Pikeville from 64SUR :Cheerlead
Patriot1 Wrote:FoSho after you guys beat Danville go to aroundPaintsville.com and you can watch it. They always video their games. That’s if you want to. Good luck in the rest of your season.

I will do that. Good luck to you guys too!
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Bottom line WV high school is sh-t compared to Ky
Real question is pikeville better than belfry this year?
Statement win from the best team in 1A! Congrats Panthers, impressive.

If what I'm hearing is true, and I hope its not, that Mingo Centrals coaching staff had words with some Pikeville PLAYERS going in at or after halftime is real classless. Also heard that the Miners didn't stay for the trophy ceremony. I hope this is not true but if it is, that's a bad look for the Mingo Central program. But again, this is just what I heard. I myself never saw it.
Patriot1 Wrote:Congratulations to Pikeville and from what I seen tonight was by far one of the best performances I have seen out of these young men. Don’t get the big head you guys definitely have a challenge next week but enjoy this one then back to work next week. As always GO PANTHERS!!!

Congratulations to your Mighty Panthers my friend! Happy for you. It was also a pleasure finally meeting you last night at Belfry. I love meeting good people and your one of the best my new buddy.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Statement win from the best team in 1A! Congrats Panthers, impressive.

If what I'm hearing is true, and I hope its not, that Mingo Centrals coaching staff had words with some Pikeville PLAYERS going in at or after halftime is real classless. Also heard that the Miners didn't stay for the trophy ceremony. I hope this is not true but if it is, that's a bad look for the Mingo Central program. But again, this is just what I heard. I myself never saw it.

After next year, I doubt the Miners will ever play in the Pike County Bowl again. There was definitely some “special” people in the crowd. And yes, some coaches were talking crap to other coaches going in at halftime.

They brought a pretty decent crowd though. Too bad most of them were gone by halftime. 😬
tvhs-25 Wrote:Real question is pikeville better than belfry this year?

If it makes you feel any better, I can guarantee the game between Pikeville and Belfry will be a heck of a lot more competitive than that crap show we seen tonight!!!!!
VoR_58 Wrote:After next year, I doubt the Miners will ever play in the Pike County Bowl again. There was definitely some “special” people in the crowd. And yes, some coaches were talking crap to other coaches going in at halftime.

They brought a pretty decent crowd though. Too bad most of them were gone by halftime. 😬

Hate to hear that. People tend to take high school football way to serious and forget that these are just kids. Regardless, good luck to both teams the rest of the year.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Statement win from the best team in 1A! Congrats Panthers, impressive.

I don’t know about the talk but they definitely didn’t stay for the trophy presentation except for the Hatfield young man but I did talk to some of the people and all were nice to me.
Patriot1 Wrote:I don’t know about the talk but they definitely didn’t stay for the trophy presentation except for the Hatfield young man but I did talk to some of the people and all were nice to me.

That's sad. Ethan just got home and said he had to sit beside the Mingo section and said the grown ups were terrible. They were talking trash to him and his Belfry buddies because they had Belfry shirts on and told them toward the end of the game that the Miners could still beat Belfry. It's a sad day when grown ups act that way toward kids. He said that they were throwing stuff at them and everything. It was so bad that he got up and left before the game was over.
tvhs-25 Wrote:Real question is pikeville better than belfry this year?

Several things I know:
1. That has yet to be decided
2. Last year was a heck of a HS football game at Hambley
3. 17 out of the last 18 meetings. Big Red.

Listen save it pal nobody wants to here your shit Ky Football is just better just like we’ve always said
I don’t blame mingo for not staying. If you was not at the game you don’t know the whole story. Pikeville student cheering section was done right disrespectful and was chanting some very bad things. I would be ashamed if I was there parents.
Martinsburg or wheeling central would hold there own against anybody in the bluegrass state. Just saying