Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
68.42%
Raceland
31.58%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Raceland 10/28
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:No its Not! Its The "Fighting Billy Rays"!

Ugh. Why did you have to remind me that he's one of us?

That's easily the lowest blow in this thread so far.
Raceland fans remind me of Louisville fans. A few good years and they think they're a blue blood and should be put in the same category as teams that have actually produced on the field and won championship in multiple decades.
Raceland is just a little single A school we shouldn't ever be able to compete with the big bad Devils. O, but wait, we have been.
Russell is just a little 2a school. When Raceland stops obsessing over their wins over Russell the the last 6-7 years and worries about the rest of the little 1a schools maybe you to Can win a championship. Mayfield did 1a a huge favor and moved up to 2A. Now its open for the taking. Let's see if Raceland can take advantage.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:No its Not! Its The "Fighting Billy Rays"!

The Russell Mulletheads sounds darn good as well, lol.
mightydog Wrote:Russell is just a little 2a school. When Raceland stops obsessing over their wins over Russell the the last 6-7 years and worries about the rest of the little 1a schools maybe you to Can win a championship. Mayfield did 1a a huge favor and moved up to 2A. Now its open for the taking. Let's see if Raceland can take advantage.

Isn't Russell 3A?
mightydog Wrote:Russell is just a little 2a school. When Raceland stops obsessing over their wins over Russell the the last 6-7 years and worries about the rest of the little 1a schools maybe you to Can win a championship. Mayfield did 1a a huge favor and moved up to 2A. Now its open for the taking. Let's see if Raceland can take advantage.

After this week is over we will stop thinking about Russell because in the grand scheme of things this game really isn't that important. This is just a good game to win because all us Raceland fans have ever heard was that we would never be able to beat Russell in football. At another time that may have been true but we are in the present and have pulled off a few in a row against the Devils. After this week is over we will begin focusing on beating the Class A schools and hopefully winning a championship but for right now the focus is on winning this game. After this week is over I will even be cheering for Russell and as unlikely as it may be I hope to see them knock off Belfry.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Have to laugh a little at this statement. Not at the point made, but the simple fact that a Russell fan is saying things like "8-10 targets in the game". 10 years ago Russell didnt take 8-10 passing attempts in two games, let alone in one game, to one player. In all seriousness though. This should be another good game for the Rams and another big time atmosphere. Last years game was a classic, this year could possibly live up to the same billing. But I like the Rams by two scores, one of the scores coming late to put the Evils away. These two senior classes have had some elic battles since they were in JFL. Looking foward to another great night of HS football.

Yeah, having TJ as our coach has required Russell fans to expand our football vocabulary a bit, lol.
I agree Blaze. I'll be pulling for Raceland to win state. They have a lot better chance than Russell. Top of 3a is loaded with the Pirates leading the way.
Little school from Raceland will prevail. They get their swagger back in this one.
Play time is about over, tomorrow is the day Devils. It's time to put up or shut up. Go take back that Rail Cities trophy and bring it back a top Red Devil Hill.
Ramcat77 Wrote:Isn't Russell 3A?

Playing up to 3a. Too much travel for district games if they played in 2a.
Orange Blaze Wrote:They seem to have forgotten who owns this county now.

Oh we own it. We've just been leasing it to you.

By the way Billy is actually a really good guy.
FBALL Wrote:Oh we own it. We've just been leasing it to you.

By the way Billy is actually a really good guy.

It must have been a long term contract :1:
Can't get over how quite Nut and RAMDAD has been in this one? Has anyone checked on them since last Friday? Are they ok? Someone told me RAMDAD had taken up drinking after that game! Just concerned! I like those guys!
I found RAMDAD! He's ok. Just hanging out on the 1A Rankings thread! Lol.
Orange Blaze Wrote:It must have been a long term contract :1:

You're about to be evicted.
The flatweed demons will not escape the Rock garden ring of death 💀
I won't be surprised if no one escapes that so called "football field".
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:The Russell Mulletheads sounds darn good as well, lol.

I could go for Russell, the fighting Mulletheads. Has a nice ring to it.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Can't get over how quite Nut and RAMDAD has been in this one? Has anyone checked on them since last Friday? Are they ok? Someone told me RAMDAD had taken up drinking after that game! Just concerned! I like those guys!

It's just Russell
Don't tell my heart my.,..... crap nevermind
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Don't tell my heart my.,..... crap nevermind

We know someone will end up with an achey breaky heart after tonight. Just wondering which it will be?
I've got to give MD and Samson credit.They went against the norm of a typical Russell fan and had some fun with us this week.Good job boys!

Now come on down to Ramland and GET YOU SOME WOOOOOOO !!!!!!!
Rams-32
Dead Devils 20
Safe travels for the Devils. See ya tonight.
Ramcat77 Wrote:Isn't Russell 3A?

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Lol. Not sick Quam just shooting straight. Raceland IS playing at a very high level! Not the same level as Paintsville by any means BUT still a very high level of football that most high school teams can't compete with!

True and True. However Paintsville is still the little brother in Paintsville.
Russell in a tight one.
Russell 17
Raceland 14
checkmate9113 Wrote:True and True. However Paintsville is still the little brother in Paintsville.

Someone's has a complex! Lol