Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
68.42%
Raceland
31.58%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Raceland 10/28
Thoughts?
Russell will need to play a great game to have a chance in this one.I'm sure Raceland will be angry after the tough overtime loss to Paintsville.
Listening to the Raceland vs. Paintsville at Raceland was hard to believe that Paintsville got out of Raceland with a Win in OT. Listening to the game on the radio the officiating was horrible and the Penalties were 16 penalties for 147 yards against Paintsville and only 25 yards in Penalties against Raceland. I sure hope we don't get the same officiating crew in Raceland for next weeks game. It should be a great game and Nick Conley will be back against Raceland and the offense seems to be coming around in the last 4 or 5 weeks. The Devils 'D' was back to playing tonight like they had all year. Russell only gave up 6 points and that was on a Kickoff return for a TD for Bath County. It should be a great game and should be a packed house at Raceland both coming in at 8-1 overall this year.
After this loss tonight I give Russell "0" chance of winning.
Rams will have to help Devils for Russell to win this one. Devils self proclaimed great defense will be put to the test. Devils need to attempt to slow game down and eat clock feed Conley and blackburn keep Rams offense off the field.... And for the love of Christ use two tight ends go under center a few times do something different if not Devils will not win.... First good team Russell has faced all year, if you can't beat Raceland, no shot against the Belfry Pirates
Defense first priority stop the run... And on third and long come after em get pressure use your athletes to play man coverage... Devils have nothing to lose nobody expects them to win...
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:After this loss tonight I give Russell "0" chance of winning.

I just hope TJ can get his players on the bus for the ride down.
I think the Dead Devils still one from the Rams who are still hurting from letting the district championship get away from them
The Rams should win this one but it isn't going to come easy. I feel like Russell isn't getting much respect for being an 8-1 team and if Raceland isn't focused then we will not win. I know it will be hard but we have to forget about last night and focus on the next opponent. Those boys from Russell are hungry for a win against their neighbors and if Raceland doesn't want it more than they do then they will lose. With that said, if Raceland plays with the same fire they did last night then this game isn't close and could make for a long night for the Red Devils.
If we had beaten Paintsville I would have given the Evils a chance. This team will use this as motivation and crush the Evils.
Raceland would have plenty of motivation to beat Russell regardless of last night's outcome. They would either be trying to rebound from a loss to Paintsville or playing for a perfect season. Not to mention, continuing the winning streak over their neighbors. I don't think the Rams will be any more fired up for Russell than they would have been otherwise.
I believe Russell has one of the best 'D' in the area this year. The offense has came around the last 4 weeks and playing good football. It will be a close game as it always been between the 2 schools. My concern is we dont get the same officiating crew that Paintsville got last night. The officials kept Raceland in the game. If it wasnt for the officials Paintsville could have won by 2 or more touchdowns lst night. Paintsville had approx. 150 yards in penalties against them to Racelands 25 yards. It should be a great game at Raceland next Friday night.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:If we had beaten Paintsville I would have given the Evils a chance. This team will use this as motivation and crush the Evils.

Ive seen Raceland play several times this year. Nobodys crushing anyone regardless of motivation. I think Russell will get more pressure on Davidson than Paintsville did. Pierce and Stump are better than what they had at pressuring from the corners. And from what i saw Russells secondary is bigger and more athletic than Paintsvills. The problem Russel will have is with ball control. If they can keep their defense off the field i think they win. Either way its going to be a battle on both sides. I may be wrong, but we all have our opinions. Thats what this site is for. And lets try to keep it civil and football related. Lets not let things spin out of control and head down some rabbit hole.
mightydog Wrote:Ive seen Raceland play several times this year. Nobodys crushing anyone regardless of motivation. I think Russell will get more pressure on Davidson than Paintsville did. Pierce and Stump are better than what they had at pressuring from the corners. And from what i saw Russells secondary is bigger and more athletic than Paintsvills. The problem Russel will have is with ball control. If they can keep their defense off the field i think they win. Either way its going to be a battle on both sides. I may be wrong, but we all have our opinions. Thats what this site is for. And lets try to keep it civil and football related. Lets not let things spin out of control and head down some rabbit hole.

Can we talk trash daddy???You guys from Russell need to lighten up a bit and have some fun this week cause you ain't gonna have any fun come this Friday!!!

BOOM!!!! The first one is out!! Let's roll with it
mightydog, the rabbit hole is unavoidable in Ramland.
samson81 Wrote:mightydog, the rabbit hole is unavoidable in Ramland.

I'm finding that out.
samson81 Wrote:mightydog, the rabbit hole is unavoidable in Ramland.

I'm finding that out.
On the plus side for Russell, Conley should have fresh legs and be well rested after having the week off.
No wonder they can't beat us
Rams 35
Devils 14

Russell will have to take advantage of the weak side of our defense. If they go with one tight end or Y reciever to the left side of our defense, Tyus will eat them alive. Neither team should have issues getting ready for this game. Russell's defense is atheletic and flies to the football, but their DL is not as good as Paintsvilles. Raceland just played the best team they have played all year and put up a hell of a fight. The Rams will come out a bit hungover, but will get things rolling midway through the second. I expect this one to play out like the Greenup game.
Rams by 14
david5164 Wrote:I believe Russell has one of the best 'D' in the area this year. The offense has came around the last 4 weeks and playing good football. It will be a close game as it always been between the 2 schools. My concern is we dont get the same officiating crew that Paintsville got last night. The officials kept Raceland in the game. If it wasnt for the officials Paintsville could have won by 2 or more touchdowns lst night. Paintsville had approx. 150 yards in penalties against them to Racelands 25 yards. It should be a great game at Raceland next Friday night.
If The Tiggers hadn't kept committing penalties, The Zebras wouldn't have kept throwing the banana peelings on the field. Don't commit a penalty and then you don't get a nanner peel.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Rams 35
Devils 14

Russell will have to take advantage of the weak side of our defense. If they go with one tight end or Y reciever to the left side of our defense, Tyus will eat them alive. Neither team should have issues getting ready for this game. Russell's defense is atheletic and flies to the football, but their DL is not as good as Paintsvilles. Raceland just played the best team they have played all year and put up a hell of a fight. The Rams will come out a bit hungover, but will get things rolling midway through the second. I expect this one to play out like the Greenup game.

Russell's current form isn't really comparable to Greenup's form in week 3. If Raceland wins by the score you predicted, I'll be impressed... with you and the Rams. I don't think either of these teams is 3 touchdowns better than the other.

Russell's defensive line might give up some weight to Paintsville's, but I'd bet we're every bit as quick up front. What the Devils lack in girth on the D-line, they make up for with quickness and a high motor. I'll see your Tyus Ferguson and raise you a Ryan Stump or Jacob Pierce.
samson81 Wrote:Russell's current form isn't really comparable to Greenup's form in week 3. If Raceland wins by the score you predicted, I'll be impressed... with you and the Rams. I don't think either of these teams is 3 touchdowns better than the other.

Russell's defensive line might give up some weight to Paintsville's, but I'd bet we're every bit as quick up front. What the Devils lack in girth on the D-line, they make up for with quickness and a high motor. I'll see your Tyus Ferguson and raise you a Ryan Stump or Jacob Pierce.
Like I said in a previous post, these two comming off the corners are better than what Psintsville had. Davidson was running for his life the whole game.
Says the Russell fan who doesn't go to Russell games
This is the best I can do Raceland fans. :Cheerlead

Raceland 14
Russell 08
I think its so funny when I see the Raceland fans say that the Russell fans need to lighten it up. It looks like Raceland could also lighten it up some from what I have seen on this site between the Paintsville game heading into the Russell game. I do believe if you get pressure on Davidson at quarterback that does slow down the Raceland offense. Russell has one of the better 'D's' in the Area this year. If it wasn't the last drive of the game for Ashland going 90+ yards and making the 2 point conversion we would be heading to Raceland at 9-0 undefeated. We outplayed Ashland but had 3 or 4 options to go down and score and we could only punch it in for the 1 touchdown. Our 'D' was outstanding that night. We just have to bring the outstanding 'D' to Raceland next week and have our offense playing like they have the last 4-5 weeks it will be a great game next Friday night. Just keep those Refs from last night away from Raceland. To answer the user that talked about the refs and that Paintsville shouldn't have committed the penalties for 150 yards most of your fans last night was saying that Raceland did get most of the calls against Paintsville last night in Raceland.
First team to score wins.

Evils 2
Ams 0
david5164 Wrote:I think its so funny when I see the Raceland fans say that the Russell fans need to lighten it up. It looks like Raceland could also lighten it up some from what I have seen on this site between the Paintsville game heading into the Russell game. I do believe if you get pressure on Davidson at quarterback that does slow down the Raceland offense. Russell has one of the better 'D's' in the Area this year. If it wasn't the last drive of the game for Ashland going 90+ yards and making the 2 point conversion we would be heading to Raceland at 9-0 undefeated. We outplayed Ashland but had 3 or 4 options to go down and score and we could only punch it in for the 1 touchdown. Our 'D' was outstanding that night. We just have to bring the outstanding 'D' to Raceland next week and have our offense playing like they have the last 4-5 weeks it will be a great game next Friday night. Just keep those Refs from last night away from Raceland. To answer the user that talked about the refs and that Paintsville shouldn't have committed the penalties for 150 yards most of your fans last night was saying that Raceland did get most of the calls against Paintsville last night in Raceland.

Lol aside from a couple of sore Raceland fans, most can agree Raceland was on the upside of Friday's officiating against Paintsville. That said, you will have to do more than just slow down Davidson to impede Racelands offense, they are very well balanced and respond relatively well to adversity. Their offense contains many threats, as does their defense. Good luck to Both teams
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Can we talk trash daddy???You guys from Russell need to lighten up a bit and have some fun this week cause you ain't gonna have any fun come this Friday!!!

BOOM!!!! The first one is out!! Let's roll with it

Don't worry Russell fans! He said the same thing to us! Hahaha! Good luck to both teams!!