Poll: Who Advances to Bowling Green?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
82.35%
Corbin
17.65%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin @ Belfry State Semifinal 11/27
pjdoug Wrote:I disagree with the schedule.Belfry didnt play against a bunch of powerhouse teams.Mayfield and Danville on Corbin's schedule could play with about any of them.

Statistics disagree with your statement. But hey that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.
Yes Smoke I was commenting on your post. Not debating just listing the details for those not as familiar with them.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Yes Smoke I was commenting on your post. Not debating just listing the details for those not as familiar with them.

That's what I thought but I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. lol. Those were good facts though. It almost doesn't seem right when Belfry and Central don't play in the state final. Although the last 5 years, now, it has been Central that has dropped the ball, so to speak. Although having been there to witness it last year, Central beat a better team than themselves when they beat that Corbin team so I have to give them major kudos. This year Central seemed to find a way to lose. Missing 2 field goals, easy ones, and seeming to get out of their passing game a little too much. I actually think their QB just got rattled and it wasn't bad coaching by Scroggins (I think he's underrated because he has such good athletes). Central made good adjustments defensively however, and adjusted their offense, and the QB just took over the game with his feet. Anyway, I still don't think Belfry has much to worry about. I cannot see one guy beating Belfry, and I hear their corners are very good. I know Belfry will be much bigger, and more physical. Catholic in their spread, very disciplined team (don't remember a single penalty on them), and ultra fast QB vs Belfry's size, overall athleticism, coaching, and championship game experience (through middle and high-school). But Catholic hasn't got past a very good Elizabethtown team...Belfry will get past Corbin.
Manononamission Wrote:I'm ok with the chances. I gave Corbin kodo's for making it this far. It's not there year nor there time. I'm not disrespecting the players nor the coaching staff. I respect them. They've done great. Belfry is by far way to big, fast, talented across the board. Plus the coaching staff makes adjustment fast and better than any team. Plus if we come out the first half and Corbin can't handle them the second half will be worse.

What is kodo's? Smile
Type-o. (Kudos) = express warm approval or admiration of.
commend, express admiration for, applaud, pay tribute to, speak highly of, eulogize, compliment, congratulate, sing the praises of, rave about, go into raptures about, heap praise on, wax lyrical about, make much of, pat on the back, take one's hat off to, lionize, admire, hail, ballyhoo; formallaud
"the police praised Pauline for her courage in confronting the thieves"
Just because you don't like what I say doesn't mean you have dissect every word or spelling. It's ok tho, I'm not looking for a way to make you look like you don't know what your talking about. Some people? Belfry fans have always been disliked. I've been one sense the 70's. But you might not understand that either
Manononamission Wrote:Type-o. (Kudos) = express warm approval or admiration of.
commend, express admiration for, applaud, pay tribute to, speak highly of, eulogize, compliment, congratulate, sing the praises of, rave about, go into raptures about, heap praise on, wax lyrical about, make much of, pat on the back, take one's hat off to, lionize, admire, hail, ballyhoo; formallaud
"the police praised Pauline for her courage in confronting the thieves"

I thought maybe it was a new Star Wars character or something Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:I disagree with the schedule.Belfry didnt play against a bunch of powerhouse teams.Mayfield and Danville on Corbin's schedule could play with about any of them.
Seriously did you just say that.!!!! Lol. Please do more research and recant your statement. I will be nice because it's Sunday!!!! Lol
pjdoug Wrote:I thought maybe it was a new Star Wars character or something Confusednicker:

I thought it was a massive St Bernard dog that liked to murder people...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hounds have had a good year and will be in the mix next year....
Belfry 28-14....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Seriously did you just say that.!!!! Lol. Please do more research and recant your statement. I will be nice because it's Sunday!!!! Lol

I would never recant my statement. You played against one good West Virginia team. Mayfield and Danville can play with any of the rest of them. Why be nice on Sunday? :dudecomeon:
OldJacket Wrote:I thought it was a massive St Bernard dog that liked to murder people...

close enough Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:I would never recant my statement. You played against one good (intrastate) West Virginia team. Mayfield and Danville can play with any of the rest of them. Why be nice on Sunday?

Well now, who was the intrastate West Virginia team? That's the first time I ever heard of one of those in Kentucky.

No other team in Kentucky has played as many teams who are still playing in the Semi-Finals of their state as Belfry

Five of their ten regular season opponents are in the Semis.

Danville and Mayfield are to very good teams... But they also both beat Corbin.

Belfry went 4-1 against those 5 teams and their 4 wins were by 3 TDs or more
EKUAlum05 Wrote:No other team in Kentucky has played as many teams who are still playing in the Semi-Finals of their state as Belfry

Five of their ten regular season opponents are in the Semis.

Danville and Mayfield are to very good teams... But they also both beat Corbin.

Belfry went 4-1 against those 5 teams and their 4 wins were by 3 TDs or more
I didn't say anything about Corbin winning. I said I disagree that Belfry played a tougher schedule. You must be using a new kind of math. How many teams on Belfry's schedule are still playing?
As I have stated.... Belfry is without a doubt the favorite to win this. They are faster, more experienced, more disciplined team. Problem I have is, why is no one callin me on the blowout win....? I think it's because you know it won't be a blowout either.... Tommy Greer will be ok, I doubt there will be any freshman playin this game. The key to this game is the Line of Scrimmage. Our quarterback is a little slow, but he can be pretty tough to bring down without a gang tackle. Our Rb aren't fast either. But they have bursts in the hole and run north. We jus gotta block a few seconds up front... Not make mistakes and turn the ball over. HAddix and Greer will do their best in preparation against the wishbone, belly-veer-option this week.... They have never seen that before I'm sure.
bcpc Wrote:As I have stated.... Belfry is without a doubt the favorite to win this. They are faster, more experienced, more disciplined team. Problem I have is, why is no one callin me on the blowout win....? I think it's because you know it won't be a blowout either.... Tommy Greer will be ok, I doubt there will be any freshman playin this game. The key to this game is the Line of Scrimmage. Our quarterback is a little slow, but he can be pretty tough to bring down without a gang tackle. Our Rb aren't fast either. But they have bursts in the hole and run north. We jus gotta block a few seconds up front... Not make mistakes and turn the ball over. HAddix and Greer will do their best in preparation against the wishbone, belly-veer-option this week.... They have never seen that before I'm sure.

sounds like a new offensive set for sure:biglmao: ...Will the slow Corbin quarterback have time to throw it down field? "if" so he could cause some problems for the pirates.
Pretty much all I intend to get across to Belfry folk is...... Corbin is not gonna go to Pike Co and lay down... Who is the pressure on? Not the Hounds... We were a better overall team last year with 18 starting seniors.
pjdoug Wrote:I didn't say anything about Corbin winning. I said I disagree that Belfry played a tougher schedule. You must be using a new kind of math. How many teams on Belfry's schedule are still playing?

MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:*
**==
pjdoug Wrote:**==

Thanks for the reply, but you didn't answer the one about the intrastate West Virginia team.
bcpc Wrote:As I have stated.... Belfry is without a doubt the favorite to win this. They are faster, more experienced, more disciplined team. Problem I have is, why is no one callin me on the blowout win....? I think it's because you know it won't be a blowout either.... Tommy Greer will be ok, I doubt there will be any freshman playin this game. The key to this game is the Line of Scrimmage. Our quarterback is a little slow, but he can be pretty tough to bring down without a gang tackle. Our Rb aren't fast either. But they have bursts in the hole and run north. We jus gotta block a few seconds up front... Not make mistakes and turn the ball over. HAddix and Greer will do their best in preparation against the wishbone, belly-veer-option this week.... They have never seen that before I'm sure.

I really, really hope you guys are preparing for the wishbone, belly, and veer.
IronMan86 Wrote:5

I'm assuming that includes Cabell Midland and the Knoxville team. Is that correct?
MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:I'm assuming that includes Cabell Midland and the Knoxville team. Is that correct?

Yes that would be correct. I should have been more specific.
IronMan86 Wrote:Yes that would be correct. I should have been more specific.

Belfry sure scheduled some puny out of state cup cakes, didn't they? :biggrin:
Talk is cheap... I won't be on here again till after the blowout y'all are predicting.... One of us will be disappointed.... Y'all can have it.
I was looking at stats and I remember a lot of these kids from middle school. Tucker Jewell, Drew Carter, AJ Moore specifically. I hate that Jaxon Stewart isn't at Corbin anymore. That kid was an absolute ball player.
It's going to be a chilly night but I'm looking forward to seeing this one! Nothing like Turkey and Football!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
pjdoug Wrote:I didn't say anything about Corbin winning. I said I disagree that Belfry played a tougher schedule. You must be using a new kind of math. How many teams on Belfry's schedule are still playing?

Pikeville
NewCath
Johnson Central
Knoxville Catholic
Cabell Midland

Corbin didn't play a weak schedule but they didn't play a schedule even close to Belfrys for difficulty and the two best teams Corbin played were L's
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next