Poll: Who Advances to Bowling Green?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
82.35%
Corbin
17.65%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin @ Belfry State Semifinal 11/27
Hounds head to the CAM with a spot in Bowling Green on the line. Who wins and why?
Fire away.
(Poll Added)

Belfry -42
Corbin -21

Belfry at The Cam still playing football the day after Thanksgiving, something that The Pond Creekers are used to. Corbin is a good team and Belfry will respect them, but The Pirates will sail on to Bowling Green.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Want to watch Corbin more closely

Basing my opinion off what I saw earlier this year would not be fair to them.
You just beat me to it bucslover. Could a mod just close down my thread please.
Belfry in a big way.
Belfry-35
Corbin-13

Hounds look slow. Have very good size similar to Cabell Midland. Just don't think they have the athleticism to really hurt Belfy.
Redhounds win big by a final of 11-5
No really ill have to watch Corbin and I'll let you know but I'm pumped about this one!!!
Looking forward to this anticipated match up.
Belfry is primed for a trip to Bowling Green. Defensively .......the Pirates are stepping up all over the field. The defense has stirred Belfry's drink all year.....IMO that will not change against Corbin. Belfry is too big,,,,too fast....and too deep. Additionally.....with the development of Noah Corbett and the meshing of the offensive line.....the offense is clicking on all cylinders. Belfry 35. Corbin 14
Belfry0304 Wrote:Redhounds win big by a final of 11-5

Grand slam and a 2 run double to take the lead in the top of the ninth and then send the closer in to shut us down?
Belfry0304 Wrote:Redhounds win big by a final of 11-5

:pondering:
irishcard16 Wrote:You just beat me to it bucslover. Could a mod just close down my thread please.

I merged the threads Smile
BelfryPride Wrote:I merged the threads Smile

Thank you.
I don't think this Corbin team will respond well in this situation. Never played on this stage and coming off an emotional high of winning the region against rival bell co. Belfry on the other hand coasted to a regional championship and has played this game at least the past 4 straight (could be more I'm not sure) and Haywood has been here countless times in the past, they know how to win these games and being at home I say belfry by 3 or 4 TDs
The Pirates are playing for the right to play in their 6th straight state title game. Their 7th in 10 years and their 9th since 2003. I may be wrong but I believe the Pirates have played in all but 2 State semi finals in the last 13 years. This Belfry run has been special and looks like it has a few good years left in it.

I'll reserve my prediction for later in the week after I have had a chance to review Corbin a bit more thoroughly but I will say the last time I checked this matchup on Calpreps last week it predicted Belfry 33 - Corbin 3
I havent seen Corbin play nor have i seen any games on film.. going by that ill pick blindly and say Belfry 35- Corbin 15. Belfry has to continue playing good ball and protect the ball.. Good luck to both teams.. Pray for an injury free game.. GOD BLESS!!!
If Corbin is healthy, they will make it a war.
Why would it be at Belfry? Isn't this the odd year and isnt Corbin from the Odd Region?
Coach Haddix will give Belfry all they want and then some. Corbin has played some really good teams this year with as many athletes as Belfry. Danville for one. Trip over there may wear Corbin out though. Good luck Redhounds and Coach Haddix.
Coach Haywood coaching against a kid that beat him as a player. Pretty interesting.
I Rule The World Wrote:Why would it be at Belfry? Isn't this the odd year and isnt Corbin from the Odd Region?

Belfry is in Region 3...Odd year hosts
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I Rule The World Wrote:Why would it be at Belfry? Isn't this the odd year and isnt Corbin from the Odd Region?

Belfry is in region 3, Corbin region 4.
The_Rock Wrote:Coach Haddix will give Belfry all they want and then some. Corbin has played some really good teams this year with as many athletes as Belfry. Danville for one. Trip over there may wear Corbin out though. Good luck Redhounds and Coach Haddix.

Don't preface your prediction with excuses about travel.
bucslover68 Wrote:Belfry is in region 3, Corbin region 4.

My apologies. Thats one crazy alignment in 3A...
I Rule The World Wrote:My apologies. Thats one crazy alignment in 3A...

Last year Belfry was region 4 and normally would have traveled tonight.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
No one will stop Belfry this year. They went from being a very good team in the regular season to an unstoppable team in the playoffs.
The_Rock Wrote:Coach Haddix will give Belfry all they want and then some. Corbin has played some really good teams this year with as many athletes as Belfry. Danville for one. Trip over there may wear Corbin out though. Good luck Redhounds and Coach Haddix.

Lawrence thought the same thing about giving Belfry a game. It worked out as bout as well as it will for Corbin.
0ff The Chain Wrote:No one will stop Belfry this year. They went from being a very good team in the regular season to an unstoppable team in the playoffs.

No team is unstoppable.......but I do believe it is gonna take someone playing their best football, and for the Pirates to have a night like the Midland game or the first Lawrence County game for them to lose.......GO PIRATES!!!
  • 1(current)
  • Next