Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Somerset
49.25%
Perry County Central
50.75%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset @ Perry Central 10/28
MVP2 Wrote:This game could be a defensive battle, I wouldnt be surprised if neither team broke 20points. I'm going to come out to this game and get a chance to watch PCC play a very good team, and get prepared for their playoff game which will be the biggest in school history.

Somerset fans, I hear alot of good things bout Storm Wilson, is he better than Cole that played a couple years back?
Storm is an exceptional player, but I would give John (Cole) the edge. John was one of those once in a generation type players. Taking absolutely nothing away from Storm. Storm is extremely fast and has a high Football IQ, he makes plays when none seem to exsist.
Thank you MVP for getting it back on track. I haven't been around on the boards muchfor long and not impressed with the direction this one turned. Pretty stupid.

As for your question regarding Storm vs Cole. I wasn't around back then. Hopefully someone will answer this for you.
Good timing Jumper Dad.
This thread has gotten out of control..lol.
Awwww lawdy
Somerset having a scrambling Qb scares me..I'd like to win this game but like I said earlier I couldn't care less if a starter saw the field all night.
They wont have to see the field long ole pal! A few will stay in all night just to build up those stats!
EastKyMx Wrote:They wont have to see the field long ole pal! A few will stay in all night just to build up those stats!

lol..this game will def. not be a blowout.
MVP2 Wrote:This game could be a defensive battle, I wouldnt be surprised if neither team broke 20points. I'm going to come out to this game and get a chance to watch PCC play a very good team, and get prepared for their playoff game which will be the biggest in school history.

Somerset fans, I hear alot of good things bout Storm Wilson, is he better than Cole that played a couple years back?

Storm is awesome, but no. John Cole was the best high school wide receiver I have ever seen. We had a ref from West Va. in 2006 when John was a junior who said John was the best high school receiver he had seen since Randy Moss. Like JD said, Storm is great, but John Cole is a rare talent.
I was wondering why 'butt hurt' was appearing in my tag cloud on google all of the sudden, now I know. Sorry but you aren't going to get me riled up about a meaningless game with a meaningless program.
RoShamBo Wrote:I was wondering why 'butt hurt' was appearing in my tag cloud on google all of the sudden, now I know. Sorry but you aren't going to get me riled up about a meaningless game with a meaningless program.

What do you mean by this?
king360 Wrote:What do you mean by this?

Meant to do damage. Really just trying to throw it back zaga's way every now and then to keep him happy. I've been reading Perry Central threads all year so I knew it was coming.
How are you going to call this a meaningless program? Our kids get out and work there asses off just as hard as the kids from Somerset, Bell, Harlan Co. and all the other teams around here. I guess it's a meaningless program since we only have maybe 5 winning seasons? Maybe Perry should just get rid of the football team since it's meaningless.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:Ive saw them 3 times this year. I do think they are one of the worst offensive teams I have saw.

So if Somerset is one of the worst offensive teams you've seen all season you won't have a problem making an avatar bet on that shutout then?

Who is your team? Did you watch them play any teams as good as Hazard, Breathitt and Glasgow? Have you seen Somerset since they settled on a quarterback?
king360 Wrote:How are you going to call this a meaningless program? Our kids get out and work there asses off just as hard as the kids from Somerset, Bell, Harlan Co. and all the other teams around here. I guess it's a meaningless program since we only have maybe 5 winning seasons? Maybe Perry should just get rid of the football team since it's meaningless.

I have no doubt that they do. It's nothing personal man, but when you take a shot at my program's 'recent success', you should expect a shot at your program's lack thereof.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:I talked to one of the players today, don't know how reliable he is, but he said we are playing to win. Until about the end of the 1st quarter when we're up by 4 touchdowns.

I really hope that is the attitude of the Commodore players, if they are expecting to be up 4 scores after one I have a feeling it will be PCC that is butthurt.
RoShamBo Wrote:I have no doubt that they do. It's nothing personal man, but when you take a shot at my program's 'recent success', you should expect a shot at your program's lack thereof.

Some of us that actually played for the program take it that way. And wasn't Zaga saying Somserset has played well as of late?..god forbid he didn't look up the record from the 1st team they fielded.
Good Lord, Perry got haters everywhere! But to say that Perry is a meaningless program, thats pretty low.

We all get on here and raise hell and cut up a few days before game day but to break lose and prick it up and say that Perry is a meaningless program........

I cant even say anything, this thread is a joke now!!

I came into this thread actually thinking Somerset had a chance, now I hope Perry beats the living hell out of them and make it Meaningless...
zaga_fan Wrote:Well I wasn't trying to insult you...
it just look like you guys have the "butt-hurt syndrome" that everyone seems to get in the Perry thread.
I said Somerset has played well recently...
if you losers wanna cry foul and jump off the deep end because I didn't take into account every win in your school's history when I try to compliment you on what you've done recently then go for it.
My reputation speaks for itself on here and I give credit where it is due but I'm totally at a loss as to why anyone would get upset over what I said....
however....
you guys get upset and take your storied history back to Somerset Friday night while we celebrate the win with our Seniors.

I'm sure you didn't mean to insult me or Somerset's program. I realize that when a team like PCC finally has a modicum of success and has a chance to finally win a playoff game then they can get a little bit cocky. I sincerely hope you do finally get that first playoff win this year--it has been a long time coming. It wasn't the predictions of a PCC win that bothered me, after all the Commodores are a 5A powerhouse that should put up over 40 and shut the little bitty Briar Jumpers out according to your posters. According to your players you should be up by 4 scores after 1 quarter. I only hope our players can survive. I mean, I hope the last 4 seasons playing Belfry, Breathitt County, Southwestern, Pulaski County, Knox County, Paducah Tilghman, Glasgow, Hazard, Harlan County, Danville and Lexington Catholic and Lexington Christian Academy can come close to preparing us to the onslaught we are about to receive. After all, according to you guys we have NEVER seen an offense like PCC. I know that our players are scared to death.

The thing is, we've been here before. We probably shouldn't be able to win Friday.....but you know what? We're going to show up and play our guts out, just like always. The difference? Our players and our fans have won before and we don't have to demean the other team before the game. Go back and see how many Somerset fans predicted scores or predicted shutouts. I understand that Somerset isn't the best team or program in the state. I expect to win every time we lace 'em up or I wouldn't want us to play anymore. However, I do know how to respect my opponent. Perhaps if the Commodore fans learned how to do this they wouldn't be talking about all of their opponents being butt-hurt.

I do find it comical that a team that has never won a playoff game wants to talk so much trash. Don't you think that is where you get so much guff from?
king360 Wrote:Some of us that actually played for the program take it that way. And wasn't Zaga saying Somserset has played well as of late?..god forbid he didn't look up the record from the 1st team they fielded.

I can assure you that both I and RoShamBo both played for the Somerset program and take Zaga Fan's shots, (who from his own post didn't have the sack to play football) just as personally.
To all of my fellow PCC fans, please go back and change your predictions of this game to a Somerset win, show some respect!
EastKyMx Wrote:Perry - 28
Somerset - 7

My Bad!!

king360 Wrote:To all of my fellow PCC fans, please go back and change your predictions of this game to a Somerset win, show some respect!

Perry - 84
Somerset-3
king360 Wrote:How are you going to call this a meaningless program? Our kids get out and work there asses off just as hard as the kids from Somerset, Bell, Harlan Co. and all the other teams around here. I guess it's a meaningless program since we only have maybe 5 winning seasons? Maybe Perry should just get rid of the football team since it's meaningless.

I hope that Haddix reads this thread, Prints out the statement of "Sorry but you aren't going to get me riled up about a meaningless game with a meaningless program." and hangs it all over the field house down in ole Airport Gardens and those boys come out and get everyone RILED up and show how MEANINGLESS they are on Friday night!
king360 Wrote:To all of my fellow PCC fans, please go back and change your predictions of this game to a Somerset win, show some respect!

No Somerset fan asked anyone to predict a Somerset win. Perry has their best team in school history and is 5A. They should win the game. Some of the Commodore fans wanted to know why the other teams continue to get upset in their threads--surely you guys have figured it out by now. I would think that a program like PCC's that has taken all the beatdowns that they have taken over the years should have learned to respect everyone that they play. If you and your players choose to have no respect for Somerset's program then so be it. From reading this board you should be able to beat the Briar Jumpers by at least 40 points. I'll be very surprised if that happens. I hope everyone comes out of it healthy and it prepares both teams for the playoffs. I really do hope that the Commodores can get that first ever playoff win in program history this season.
:igiveup:
EastKyMx Wrote:I hope that Haddix reads this thread, Prints out the statement of "Sorry but you aren't going to get me riled up about a meaningless game with a meaningless program." and hangs it all over the field house down in ole Airport Gardens and those boys come out and get everyone RILED up and show how MEANINGLESS they are on Friday night!

I would hope that he wouldn't need to.
RoShamBo Wrote:I would hope that he wouldn't need to.

That's true. If it takes a player seeing something like this to get them fired up on Friday night, they need to be in the bleachers.
Got me.
I have nothing to say, other than, good luck to both teams Friday night. Hope that Somerset and their fans have a safe trip. Hope everyone is injury-free and ready to go in November.Go 'Dores.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I have nothing to say, other than, good luck to both teams Friday night. Hope that Somerset and their fans have a safe trip. Hope everyone is injury-free and ready to go in November.Go 'Dores.

:Thumbs:
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next