Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best High School Field In Kentucky
RoShamBo Wrote:Yeah I think someone earlier mentioned they had put in turf and done some renovations, good news. Now, can someone confirm the conditions of Newport's old field so I don't feel like a nancy-boy for saying it was so terrible.

No, it was pretty horrendous. The only complaint I have these days is the occasional whiff of sewage.Tongueuke:
Ashland's Putnam Stadium
I went up to Martha Layne Collins a couple of days ago and their field looks nice. Probably not the best in the state, but it is pretty nice.
I love the nest, but if I have to pic another pond holler and Bryan Station.
I think the best high school football stadium in Kentucky is the new Brother Thomas Moore Stadium at St. Xavier in Louisville. What a georgeous facility,including elevator and skyboxes, plus some of the best concession stand food to be had anywhere. :Clap:
i can remember back in the day, when we would play sheldon clark we would leave an hour early so we could walk the field and pick up rocks. their field is much improved
I'll take Belfry.
The old Vippperman stadium in belfry!!!! Best atmosphere in Eastern KY if not the state
I would have to say St X

http://www.louisvillecatholicsports.com/...1011191038
Perry Central has the nicest middle school field in Kentucky, PERIOD!
What about Perry Central's high school field? Any updates on what they are going to do to that field?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Strikeout King Wrote:Newport has a nice field
Newport's field is rough. Many parts of the turf the seams are coming undone. Near the middle of the field their is also a large dip under the turf. But it's better than the old dirt field
Scott high school has a really nice new turf field and a 9 lane track. Later this spring they will be tearing down the buildings (concession stands, restroom, locker rooms, weight rooms) and begin building all new building. The new weight room part will have large windows that look onto the field
This is all of Whitley's central campus. It includes the high school, middle school and one primary school.
It also has 3 football field, two softball fields, two baseball fields, and an ampa theatre
[Image: http://www.whitley.k12.ky.us/hs/wchs/Hom...mage_2.png]
Hazard,Belfry, and LCC has some very nice fields here in EKY but, I aint seen much of the Central and Northern Ky fields.
TC has passed a nickel tax that will enable them to build a new high-school and a new elem. school. Here is a link to the proposed new high school...
http://www.taylor.k12.ky.us/TCHS/School%...LARGE.html
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:TC has passed a nickel tax that will enable them to build a new high-school and a new elem. school. Here is a link to the proposed new high school...
http://www.taylor.k12.ky.us/TCHS/School%...LARGE.html

Looks like Taylor Co is going to have them a very nice setup.
Trinity's field is very nice
St. X is nice. Louisville Central's field isn't the best, but I like the yellow and black lines. Plus, its press box is built into a building (big and heated). And its bathrooms and concession stand are inside and have plenty of space.

Believe it or not, Louisville Moore has a nice setup. Brand new scoreboard that can do messages and have each team's name instead of home and visitor. Had a video screen, but it was being used for messages instead of replays when I was there.

Martha Layne Collins in Shelbyville is awesome. Press box is a little small and there is no visiting press box, but it has one of those new arched tracks, so there is plenty of space from the track to the turf field. HD lights. Big bathrooms.

Nelson County is getting a turf field before next season. And IIRC, all Lexington public schools (Dunbar, Henry Clay, Bryan Station, Lafayette, Tates Creek) either have turf or are getting turf.

Thomas Nelson is opening soon in Bardstown and that stadium is supposed to be nice, as is the new stadium in Paducah (Lone Oak-Heath-Reidland merger).

Photos below are of Collins.

[Image: http://www.sentinelnews.com/sites/www.se...nrise1.jpg]
[Image: http://www.sentinelnews.com/sites/www.se...Cresap.jpg]
Lexington Catholic's new turf field is nice. Also Boyle's turf is very good as well
CAM, JC and Howard field IMO
I think that Putnam stadium is an excellent field. (Ashland) it's also the best atmosphere to play in on friday nights..
[attachment=o2183]

Hopefully we will see the real thing in 2011.
Have they started on the field yet?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
If building a new field/stadium, DO NOT PUT THE TRACK AROUND THE FOOTBALL FIELD. Place it around a practice field, or take some extra land available on campus and place it there. I can't stand going to a game at either of the Lexington high schools, Collins, Hopkinsville/Christian County, etc. because here they have these great stadiums and fields, yet the stands are 30 yards away from the field.

There is nothing like going to a game at Boyle County, Belfry, John Hardin, Owensboro, Murray, Mayfield, etc. because not only are they just as nice as the ones mentioned above (some nicer), but the atmosphere is heads and shoulders better due to the fans being literally right on top of the action.
Harry Doyle Wrote:If building a new field/stadium, DO NOT PUT THE TRACK AROUND THE FOOTBALL FIELD. Place it around a practice field, or take some extra land available on campus and place it there. I can't stand going to a game at either of the Lexington high schools, Collins, Hopkinsville/Christian County, etc. because here they have these great stadiums and fields, yet the stands are 30 yards away from the field.

There is nothing like going to a game at Boyle County, Belfry, John Hardin, Owensboro, Murray, Mayfield, etc. because not only are they just as nice as the ones mentioned above (some nicer), but the atmosphere is heads and shoulders better due to the fans being literally right on top of the action.

What do you mean by either lexington schools? There are more than two and their is no track at Catholics
LexCathKnight15 Wrote:What do you mean by either lexington schools? There are more than two and their is no track at Catholics

My bad on that, I meant the public schools. The set up you all have at LexCath is perfect also. The crowd is right ontop of you.
Harry Doyle Wrote:My bad on that, I meant the public schools. The set up you all have at LexCath is perfect also. The crowd is right ontop of you.

Thanks for clearing that up. BTW i totally agree with you. When LC played East Jessamine the stands were really far away and it hurt the atmosphere
The nicest field I have seen is Belfry, but I'm sure there are a lot that I haven't seen that would be superior.
As for as playing surfaces go, one of the best ever in the state was at the old Hopkinsville Stadium (Walnut Street Stadium). Our current is also excellent, but the old field was unbelievably good. The old stadium had a better atmosphere also because, as was mentioned before, it didn't have a track around it. A track around a field is a terrible idea!!!