Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 19 - Knox Central 0
I agree I hate to see a team run it up on another when the game is in hand. No sure why it was done, maybe had something to do with KC acts prior to the game, maybe the PFs at the end of the game. However, I would have rather seen everyone on the sidelines nice and secure for next week and a knee on the ground to run the clock out. Once again I wasn't there and only listening on the computer so I get really judge totally either way.
CatDawg Wrote:You were there and I was at work so you could very well be right. However, Knox had 107 total yards which over half came on the first drive of the game that took 8 minutes of the 1st QTR. After that they did nothing on offense. That is why I say dominated. Additionally, LC had 311 total yards they may not have had 4 or 5 scores to go with that but they executed their game plan keep the ball from the 4 minute mark of the first QTR and ate clock up and scored plenty enough to win. 311 to 107 yards and if you take that one drive off it was 311 to 40 or 50 to me that is dominated. However, call it whatever anyone wants to I just call it a win and that is all I wanted. Glad you made the trip up and back and hope all went well.

I of coaurse don't have access to any official stats but I know for a fact that KC first drive was from LC 23 and they got inside their own 20 and then they had a few other series in which they got 2 or three first downs so I find it hard to believe they only had 110 total yards. I do know they stopped the run for the most part and most of the KC gains came off of short passes. Either way you are right LC got the win and they deserved the win through superier play. Good luck Friday. I am sure I will be their if I can get out of wrestling practice soon enough!
The 107 comes from KHSAA.org site that were submitted by LC. Additionally, the Ashland Daily Independent stats that KC only had two first downs following the opening drive. I do recall that one of those was on a LC penalty.

Bulldogs rock Knox
By MARK MAYNARD — The Independent

LOUISA — Lawrence County’s rags-to-riches turnaround continued Friday night.

The undefeated Bulldogs blanked Knox Central 19-0 to reach the Class 4A regional championship game next week against Bell County.

Lawrence County improved to 12-0 with the perfect playoff formula — rock-solid defense and ball-control offense.

After giving up four first downs on the first series, the Bulldogs got stingy, allowing only two more the rest of the night.

It was the first time this season that the Panthers had been shut out.

“Our defense has continued to get better,” said Bulldogs coach Luke Salmons. “To hold them to no points is great.”

Aside from an opening drive when Knox Central marched to Lawrence County’s 23 before stalling, the Panthers never threatened.

Meanwhile, the Bulldogs found some running lanes with Hunter James and Shane Pack.

James piled up 142 yards mostly on the strength of three long carries of 33, 50 and 23. Pack, the hammering fullback, carried 25 times for 123 yards and a touchdown.

Pack and James each had a TD in the second quarter to give Lawrence County all it needed.

“This is a big win,” Pack said. “It feels good.”

The victory sends the Bulldogs to the last place where they suffered defeat. Bell County walloped Lawrence County 62-0 in the opening round of last year’s playoffs that finished off an 0-11 season.

“To go back from where we were last year to where we are now is something else,” Pack said. “We know Bell County is a great team and it’ll be a physical game. But to come back and play for the regional championship, that’s huge.”

Salmons said it’s a different Lawrence County team that will be traveling to Log Mountain on Friday.

“The kids believe if they play great defense they can beat anybody,” he said. “This was a team win.”

Salmons was pleased with most aspects of Lawrence County’s victory.

“Our punts were good and it was a game where we flip-flopped field position,” he said.

The Bulldogs went ahead 6-0 early in the second quarter after long runs from James (33) and Pack (27) set things up. Lawrence County made it 12-0 when James followed Pack’s block into the end zone on a 3-yard run.

The third quarter was scoreless and it looked like the final was going to be 12-0. But James broke several tackles on the way to a 23-yard touchdown run with nine seconds remaining.

There were several personal foul penalties toward the end of the game and one Knox Central player was ejected.

“They were talking a lot,” Pack said.

Knox Central, which had allowed only one touchdown in its three previous games, fell to 7-5.

Bell County shut out rival Rockcastle County 48-0 in the other regional semifinal Friday night.
HouseofPain Wrote:I of coaurse don't have access to any official stats but I know for a fact that KC first drive was from LC 23 and they got inside their own 20 and then they had a few other series in which they got 2 or three first downs so I find it hard to believe they only had 110 total yards. I do know they stopped the run for the most part and most of the KC gains came off of short passes. Either way you are right LC got the win and they deserved the win through superier play. Good luck Friday. I am sure I will be their if I can get out of wrestling practice soon enough!

Well your wrong I was there when they added all the stats up..... After the first drive they only had like 2 first downs.... and they may have had one helped out with a flag..... They were shut down after the first offense of set for knox.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Well I agree about hating to see one of the starters get hurt at the end of a game that has already been decided. BUT, when you hang a 10 ft sign up that says "SORRY FOR THE BUTT KICKING" I figure you better be in the butt kicking business or be ready to get yours kicked.

As A LC fan I was glad to see them punch it in just because of the way the KC players were acting and because of that sign. May sound silly but that's how I felt about it.
Batpuff Wrote:Well your wrong I was there when they added all the stats up..... After the first drive they only had like 2 first downs.... and they may have had one helped out with a flag..... They were shut down after the first offense of set for knox.

Well dang, I might have been wrong, I think I better hurry and tell my wife because according to her I am never wrong!:lmao:

Some of you LC fans are starting to act like some of the Bell fans, don't get your panties in a wad just because someone expresses an opinion. With that being said, remember I said some because more than most of the fans from each program seem to be intellegent posters who value others opinions..............what was that my father use to tell me about bad apples?
IMO biggest win in the history of LC Football. After the last 2 season to NOW. Who would have thought it.
I'm the guy who said even if we lose it will be to a great story among sports. I stand by that. But I will say this as well. LC had one player only that was a starter that I saw come through the line at the end of the game to shake hands. #11 who is their kicker and reciever. He is a class act above all else. I understand things got heated at the end of the game. Both teams got personal fouls. A young coach refused to knee (I probably would have done the same thing) and emotions ran high. BUT - you never refuse to shake hands at the end of the contest. You just don't do it. LC - you are winners now. Learn how to be winners without having to rub it in your opponents face. Congrats on a great season. But to have a great winning program that wins year after year you have to learn humility. Bell is our arch rivals. Bell / Knox kids see each other every weekend and in many ways hate each other. After they beat us (handily I might add) every player from Bell came through the line and wished us the best. They are winners in more ways than the scoreboard. You likely will get that same lesson come Friday night. Learn from it.

One final note - I was amazed to see the great turn out of fan support LC had too. Our boys had the greatest year in school history last year and NEVER played in front of 1/4 of that crowd. Way to go LC people. Stand behind those boys even if Bell beats them by 50. They deserve all the support you can give them.
Why would they shake hands? To put up with the words from the get go that Knox thought they needed to use, and for all the dirty in the back hits they made when the game was lost, no wonder they chose not to. Knox was a bunch of sore LOSERS, and it showed. 65 should have to face charges after his spineless play. Thanks fot the fan comment, but your wrong on shaking hands.
I saw the video from after the game. In 20 years of High school football I have never saw a celebration like that. No one from LC can say a bad word about KC. Fans or players. Old saying "People that live in glass houses don't throw rocks" LC needs to learn how to win as much as KC needs to learn how to lose.:flush:
congrats to lc
Coach was right for not letting the starters shake hands with KC. LC handed them their a** and they did not like it.
Real sign of class. If KC had ran the ball any we could have won. The home cooking sure didn't help KC any. I thought Friday night was the most disrespectful act I have ever seen from a football team.
William Muney Wrote:Real sign of class. If KC had ran the ball any we could have won. The home cooking sure didn't help KC any. I thought Friday night was the most disrespectful act I have ever seen from a football team.

I have to agree. Never, have I seen anything like that.
Congrat's to LC. You played a great game and beat a good team. I was not going to post anything however, I can't keep quite. First I want to say our young men should have kept their composure better that last few seconds of the game. Their was no excuse for that. LC you have a GREAT FAN base that support your kids. However, their was some things that happen at the end of the game that should not have. One, why would your coach allow your players go over and shake our cheerleaders hands and not the players.(classless). Two Why would you allow fans in the endzone taunt KC kids at the end of the Game (Classless). Three, why would your fans and players come over to our huddle after the game taunting our players (Classless). And lastly, why would a coach try to score at the end of the game when passoins are running high on both teams (Classless). I believe IF they would have downed the ball at the end it would have SHOWED CLASS. I also want to defend our principle. He did not say anything out of the way. He was very upset at the things that where going on. He felt he was defending our kids. He call the fans classless and if they came to our place they would be treated a lot better than that. I will say that this was not ALL the fans just SOME. I meet some of the people and they where great. However, it only takes a few apple to make the whole bach bad. Good luck next week. You are going to need it. I hope we get to play each other next season. Oh yea, you had one player on the team that showed great class and a class act the #11. An awsome kids who knows how to handle success.
HAHA Were you even at the game? We were standing a few feet away from the coaches and principle, and we heard him saying :" I wouldn't even shake your cheerleaders hand's, that is classless right there.As for the fans every town has some rude fans big deal, no is perfect but we stand behind our fans they are great and they follow the team wherever they go. As for the taunting I was on the field and none of our players were taunting KC they were too busy dancing and celebrating. Why can't a team who went 0-11 the prior season celebrate after beating a very good team 19-0.Get some tissues buddy and suck it up. As for the score at the end, coach just calls the play and Hunter broke several tackles, KC could have stopped him but they didn't. We coach here to play 60 minutes not 58 or 59. A couple plays before that #76 ripped off our center's facemask and ejected for it.That is classless.
Knox Central didn't have any class at all. They're the most classless team I have seen in a long time. If Knox would have shown class, they would have received it. #65 shouldn't have been playing toward the end. LC didn't take a knee because Knox kept asking for it. Ask and you shall receive.
Yes Preacher you reminded me I would like to apolgize to Mr. Roark. He did nothing out of the way and I support him for defending our players.
Thats right he was running his mouth the whole game pretty much, he was a good player from what I could tell no sense in that.
Yes he did do something wrong, he called our cheerleaders classless I was standing right on the field when it happened. There was no player or players taunting your team.Get a tissue gosh the game is over LC 19 Knox 0 enough said close this post!!
If that had been your team all 100 of your posters would be burning this up. Now with the video that real story come out. CLASSLESS.
how in the world is that classless, they do that dance in the lockerroom just to have fun. think it's fine let these "kids" which they are have a good time.Get over yourself. You got beat by a better team , we don't need to argue with you we know we are better and we are ready for bell.Have a good day.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Thats right he was running his mouth the whole game pretty much, he was a good player from what I could tell no sense in that.

lcgrad2002 Wrote:Yes he did do something wrong, he called our cheerleaders classless I was standing right on the field when it happened. There was no player or players taunting your team.Get a tissue gosh the game is over LC 19 Knox 0 enough said close this post!!

I did not call your cheerleaders classless. I said that your players comming over and shaking our cheerleaders hands and not our players was classless.
How in the world is that classless, and yes you did if that's you we all heard you say it.game is over we are done.
KC deserved everything they got.

What is the special thing going on this week at the HS to celebrate the win?
I don't know I haven't heard about it.What are you talking about?
Heard a rumor they are going to do something "special" for the players at school? Maybe not true.
I'm not sure they would be nice if they did. They deserve it.
LC WASN'T TAUNTING ANYBODY!!! All of you knox fans haven't seen the video of Lc dancing to that same song in the locker room, therefore you would not know why they were dancing to it after the game.
Also, to me, knox was acting classless...if u want to call LC classless for running out the clock and Kc not being able to tackle James, you might want to think about the play before when a D lineman pulled our center's helmet off and hit him with it. You are obviously not looking at the whole game, just an instance of it.
Finally, the coaching staff didn't want the starters to shake hand because they were afraid that there might be a fight, BECAUSE OF THE ACTIONS OF THE KC PLAYERS THE LAST FEW MINUTES OF THE GAME. If you want to call LC classless, you might want to look at the actions of your own team.
I'll leave you with a question... What is wrong with LC celebrating an undefeated season, after a winless one last year, especially after everybody said they wouldn't win because they were slow and played a weak schedule, and making it to the regional championship game?

GET OFF THE TRACKS KNOX CENTRAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Runing a Counter/trap is not running out the clock with less than 10 seconds. Running out the clock would have been taking a knee. I have not problem with what went on between the whistles it was what happened after the game that I have high offense to.

I will amend my statment. #56 maybe the best wrestler in the state of KY b/c he did not block anyone all night, he TACKLED them on offense.