Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Highlands Bluebirds
48.48%
Johnson Central Golden Eagles
51.52%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands @ Johnson Central (5A 3rd Round)
DevilsWin Wrote:Smile
Highlands could beat an all-star team comprised of Belfry and Johnson Central.Smile

This is an uncalled for post. Belfry has beaten Highlands in the past. Highlands had to fight with everything in them to make it to the 1989 championship game after a Belfry team that was not picked to be there showed up on their door step. It took over time for the birds to put that Pirate team away. Both Belfry and Johsnon in my opinion would give Highlands a good game; however, after this week we all know that Russell would have no chance with Belfry, Johnson Central or Highlands. :ChairHit:
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
DevilsWin Wrote:Smile
Highlands could beat an all-star team comprised of Belfry and Johnson Central.Smile

I love the attitude and lack of respect some HHS fans have for JC, I hope the team has the same respect! Keep the comments coming, JC fans love them and this lack of respect may be just whay we need to pull a win off.
Based off what I've read, it looks like Highlands runs an offense like nobody else in the mountains does. They have a pretty balanced run/pass attack, and many different weapons. I'm looking forward to this game, and IMO, contender for Game of the Year in the state. I'm pulling for JC in this one, their defense has to really step up though, especially the corners and safties. I'll take the Eagles in a nail-biter:
JC-17
HHS-14
ryandamaste5 Wrote:And I am sorry, how are your 0-11 LC Bulldogs? Did you help them put up their equipment? Oh and didn't you say something earlier in the year about Cov Cath beating JC? Did you help your nephew put up his equipment as well? Looks like it wasn't LC's or your nephew's year either.

I have one question for you. Who came closer to beating Belfrey?? Lawrence or JC???Confusedhh:
MonsterMan Wrote:I love the attitude and lack of respect some HHS fans have for JC, I hope the team has the same respect! Keep the comments coming, JC fans love them and this lack of respect may be just whay we need to pull a win off.

You have to earn the respect, beat Highlands this week and see how much respect comes your way!
Highlands-42
JC-14
Golden Eagles.
sstack Wrote:You have to earn the respect, beat Highlands this week and see how much respect comes your way!

The JC program has respect! We do not need validation from from a single game. I am just not used to an opponent's fans, or thier followers, being so bold before a game. I am sure the posters on here are not representative of the HHS fans. The game will be played Friday Night by the players and nothing in the past counts. All these records and predictions of greatness will not mean a thing, the final score will!
Money Maker Wrote:I have one question for you. Who came closer to beating Belfrey?? Lawrence or JC???Confusedhh:

How many times did Belfry turn the ball over? They played their worst game all year and still beat you all. It doesn't matter...you guys are home and JC is still playing. :moon:
MonsterMan Wrote:The JC program has respect! We do not need validation from from a single game. I am just not used to an opponent's fans, or thier followers, being so bold before a game. I am sure the posters on here are not representative of the HHS fans. The game will be played Friday Night by the players and nothing in the past counts. All these records and predictions of greatness will not mean a thing, the final score will!

Actually this game will validate your team as one of the best in the state. If you lose, you will continue to hear "good team, but can't get out of the mountains." As for being so bold, years of winning will do that. As for the past, it does count. Ft Thomas kids grow up thinking they can beat anybody, watch the older kids and knows what it takes to continue the tradition. You are right, this game will be played Friday, but the past has helped the HHS team be prepared.
Money Maker Wrote:I have one question for you. Who came closer to beating Belfrey?? Lawrence or JC???Confusedhh:

If I was a Lawrence County fan, I would not get on a Johnson Central football related thread and talk smack. Take it easy till baseball season.

:Thumbs:
IRISH4 Wrote:How many times did Belfry turn the ball over? They played their worst game all year and still beat you all. It doesn't matter...you guys are home and JC is still playing. :moon:
Yea we may be but we all know that Mattney is know for his playoffs failures and not able to win the big game... not only there at Central but at SC as well... Dont get me wrong he is a great guy but.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Highlands is loaded with talent and the fact that they know how to win the big game.. I am pulling for JC to win just because they are from EKY.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
THOMCAT Wrote:If I was a Lawrence County fan, I would not get on a Johnson Central football related thread and talk smack. Take it easy till baseball season.

:Thumbs:

Exactly. BTW, even though I am a Belfry fan, let's respect the thread and leave the Pirates and Bulldogs out. Furthermore, I believe JC can win, but they have a very small margin for error. They need to get the football and score, but they need long drives doing it. Sure, you will not give points back if you score quickly, but long, time-consuming drives, would be better. If you get into a high-scoring contest, I believe it favors Highlands because they have more offensive weapons. A low-scoring, to medium-scoring game favors JC. I will take the Eagles in a shocker 28-24.
sstack Wrote:Actually this game will validate your team as one of the best in the state. If you lose, you will continue to hear "good team, but can't get out of the mountains." As for being so bold, years of winning will do that. As for the past, it does count. Ft Thomas kids grow up thinking they can beat anybody, watch the older kids and knows what it takes to continue the tradition. You are right, this game will be played Friday, but the past has helped the HHS team be prepared.

Your are right, big game with bragging right for a year, then next year start over. Even though the JC kids may have not grown up with the rich tradtion of state champs as some kids do, this does not mean they can not get prepared and play like state champs.

Where I disagree is tradition has to be on going. Lots of schools out there with past rich tradtions do not win today. Football in Ky is becomng more equal and these traditions help and are needed, but will not win games, current coaches and players do.
wow! i love how the russel fan said highlands could beat a johnson central-belfry combined team. That is possibly the most ludacris thing ive heard on here yet. Did you guys not get enough this week from belfry? personally, combine us two and id say we can play with anybody in the state including trinity and X, maybe just my opinion and nobody would ever know
I look for Tony Guidugli to Austin Collinswotrth to be the theme of the night plus he has about 6 other WR he will spread it all over the field and the likes of Spencer Bankemper and Josh Conner to take over on the ground.... Oh JC will score but Highlands scores in 3 and 4 play drives more frequent then JC... I look for it to be 55 to 28 game Highlands.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
bucslover68 Wrote:Exactly. BTW, even though I am a Belfry fan, let's respect the thread and leave the Pirates and Bulldogs out. Furthermore, I believe JC can win, but they have a very small margin for error. They need to get the football and score, but they need long drives doing it. Sure, you will not give points back if you score quickly, but long, time-consuming drives, would be better. If you get into a high-scoring contest, I believe it favors Highlands because they have more offensive weapons. A low-scoring, to medium-scoring game favors JC. I will take the Eagles in a shocker 28-24.

I agree! The bulldogs have a great traditon and Belfry will be another state champ, but JC plays HHS Friday Night. Football is a simple game and a contact sport. The team that comes out and establishes a greater physical presence will win. It is smash mouth time!
MatneysManiac Wrote:wow! i love how the russel fan said highlands could beat a johnson central-belfry combined team. That is possibly the most ludacris thing ive heard on here yet. Did you guys not get enough this week from belfry? personally, combine us two and id say we can play with anybody in the state including trinity and X, maybe just my opinion and nobody would ever know

If they were combined you talk about a running game! Your opinion is right!
Batpuff Wrote:I look for Tony Guidugli to Austin Collinswotrth to be the theme of the night plus he has about 6 other WR he will spread it all over the field and the likes of Spencer Bankemper and Josh Conner to take over on the ground.... Oh JC will score but Highlands scores in 3 and 4 play drives more frequent then JC... I look for it to be 55 to 28 game Highlands.

JC is in trouble if Spencer Bankemper is in the game! He is the 5th string running back. Not bad for a 5th stringer is he. You will see more of him next year. Conner, Crawford, Fennell and Head are the backs you will see(Bankemper if a blow out).
I chose JC in this game because they're close to home, my dads whole family is from Johnson County so i'll pull for nan's alma mater. i think they have the potential to shock the state with this one...

Johnson Central-39
Highlands-34
my god.....putting belfry and johnson central together...wow.....imagine having ivan lee as a fullback/blocker for the likes of chase richardson and varney or nate dillion ........i wouldnt want to face that monster!!!!!!
Big_Wiggle33 Wrote:my god.....putting belfry and johnson central together...wow.....imagine having ivan lee as a fullback/blocker for the likes of chase richardson and varney or nate dillion ........i wouldnt want to face that monster!!!!!!

Talk about smash mouth! although the mountain teams are not pretty and get little respect down state, these guys could play on any team!
Highlands is already playing head and shoulders above the rest of 5A. When they hit the playoffs though, they're a whole new breed of animal. JC is a solid team that's been able to run at will on teams. But as for Friday, I'm anticipating a full demonstration on just what Highlands Football is all about. I'm normally hesitant to use the word domination, but with the hype surrounding this game and the one-dimensional tendencies of JC... I can see this one gettin bad quick for the Eagles..
Prediction....H 38 JC 6
MonsterMan Wrote:I love the attitude and lack of respect some HHS fans have for JC, I hope the team has the same respect! Keep the comments coming, JC fans love them and this lack of respect may be just whay we need to pull a win off.

I don't see where you make the connection of a poster with the name DevilsWin as a Highlands fan?

I have yet to see a post by a Highlands fan that has shown a lack of respect for Johnson Central.

What really matters is that the Highlands players have a ton of respect for Johnson Central and will come into this game ready to play, ready to win.
do not overlook this Johnson Central team. i have heard a lot about them and have been fortunate enough to watch them play this year. highlands is in for a battle in eastern kentucky. JC will show them what mountain football is all about. i will take JC by 12.
I hope that JC wins this game. Good luck JC.
I heard FSN-Ohio was coming to video the game....anyone else heard this?
i say if jc/belfry combine team with coach haywood and staff,wow what a team,people would say they was recuiting..
MatneysManiac Wrote:wow! i love how the russel fan said highlands could beat a johnson central-belfry combined team. That is possibly the most ludacris thing ive heard on here yet. Did you guys not get enough this week from belfry? personally, combine us two and id say we can play with anybody in the state including trinity and X, maybe just my opinion and nobody would ever know
Smile You keep thinking that!
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next