Poll: Frederick Douglass vs. Corbin
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Frederick Douglass
85.11%
Corbin
14.89%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Frederick Douglass at Corbin 9/15
(09-14-2023, 10:07 AM)HighViz Wrote: Did you play at Corbin? Reside there?  Because this has little to do with anything about getting there.    This is all politics brother.  Hahah.

Yes .... Smile Eddie James was actually the official elected Coach to be at Corbin during this time ask the liars club....

[Image: https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.e87e4a142e38...ImgRaw&r=0]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Cowboy42
Here is another video of Hoban vs Freddy D...

[Video: http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9v0H0BbZ5M]
(09-13-2023, 05:59 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(09-13-2023, 05:31 PM)HighViz Wrote:
(09-13-2023, 05:13 PM)HighViz Wrote: Corbin players and coaches are tho.  Hahah  From what I’ve read since being here there are very few FD posters.   I think people are tired of the same ol Corbin gonna win it every year talk.  Some say they are the team to beat. They are good. May be, But the team to beat is an hour north in Boyle Co.  All most Corbin people do is talk. All the while, Justin is sporting 3 rings. Even more motivated for a 4th.   While Corbin people on here act like it’s theirs to lose.   It is funny tho at times to read what my entitled neighbors write.  Carry on.  

I would love to see the Hounds win a game in December.  But let’s do it, not brag about how we #1
The last time we won was 1982.
Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.

Exactly. And for that very reason, as much as I like Haddix as a coach and wish he was still here, he didn't get it done in Corbin. He came close but football is not hand grenades. He had teams that could have won it all but came up short. The 2018 game against Central was an abomination. Corbin was 2TDs better than Central and wound up on the short end.
LMAO….If you don’t quit straddling the fence you’ll fall off in the Greerend..Like yourself I too was at the 2018 State Championship Game between Corbin and Central. Far too many variables in this game to put it on Haddix offense. Take away the 2-Point conversion they gave Central and Corbin wins regardless. If mind serves me correct we had a QB up for Mr Football ( candidate ) that year also. From where I was sitting it didn’t appear that Coach was Happy with DC during this game either. Funny this particular game brought onto thread.. This night started the reign….
I just saw where the woman who brought the twins to Corbin has moved back to Somerset. Shocker!
[-] The following 4 users Like Waitaminute's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42, FastScreen435, HighViz
Douglass has gave up more than 14 points 3 times the past 3 years. Hoban, Boyle, and South Warren. I don't think people realize how hard points are going to be to come by.
[-] The following 4 users Like Waitaminute's post:
  • 16BBall Fan, Big Daddy Bull, Bull got out!, Jack Lambert
(09-14-2023, 01:15 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Douglass has gave up more than 14 points 3 times the past 3 years. Hoban, Boyle, and South Warren. I don't think people realize how hard points are going to be to come by.
Agree with this, that's really how they have been so dominate, and special teams. Their offense is nothing special.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Daddy Bull's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-14-2023, 11:44 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: I just saw where the woman who brought the twins to Corbin has moved back to Somerset. Shocker!
So did she leave the twins to live with friends, coaches or other relative? LOL and she left to move back to Somerset without them? huh
(09-14-2023, 07:10 AM)Diablo Wrote: Poor Tommy been the problem all along.  Darn State Runner Up trophy looks awful in that trophy case from last season.  Guy is a gosh darn awful coach.  State Runner Ups are so easy to attain.    Some of you are just plain stupid.

Admitting it is the first step to recovery. You'll be out of the  nervous hospital before you know it.
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42
(09-14-2023, 10:03 AM)Diablo Wrote: I don’t know if some of you guys even put the pads on and played a game.  Winning a ring is no easy task for any player or coach in any class.  I will take all them STATE Runner Up trophies all day long.  You know how many coaches would just love to have 1 of those????  God no wonder nobody wants to coach these days.  Most people are so unrealistic.

I can tell you like being the last loser, coach.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Cowboy42
(09-14-2023, 10:03 AM)Diablo Wrote: I don’t know if some of you guys even put the pads on and played a game.  Winning a ring is no easy task for any player or coach in any class.  I will take all them STATE Runner Up trophies all day long.  You know how many coaches would just love to have 1 of those????  God no wonder nobody wants to coach these days.  Most people are so unrealistic.

I can tell you like being the last loser, coach.
(09-14-2023, 01:26 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:
(09-14-2023, 11:44 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: I just saw where the woman who brought the twins to Corbin has moved back to Somerset. Shocker!
So did she leave the twins to live with friends, coaches or other relative? LOL and she left to move back to Somerset without them? huh

Wonder where her son is living? Off his PWO with Stoops?
Psych......She was just playing stank.....
(09-14-2023, 10:32 AM)FastScreen435 Wrote:
(09-13-2023, 04:36 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(09-13-2023, 03:16 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I'm hoping Corbin Community College can pull the upset over University of Fred Doug.
If you are calling Corbin a Community College and Fred Doug a university what would you call Boyle? They have more than those two and a few more waiting to become eligible I heard.
Why does Boyle have to be brought into this? LOL
Because you can’t have a legitimate conversation about 4A football or Corbin without mentioning Boyle. If a person didn’t have to hear about Corbin gonna win it all year in and year out every single year then I’d say Boyle would never be mentioned. However, when the State Championship chant starts then the Rebel Bugle begins to blow. FYI, if you gonna run a coach off at least run him into different Class than you currently play. Obvious reasons..
[-] The following 5 users Like Cowboy42's post:
  • 16BBall Fan, Big Daddy Bull, Bull got out!, HighViz, pjdoug
Surely this game will be live streamed...............Anyone know where?
(09-14-2023, 03:03 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(09-13-2023, 03:16 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I'm hoping Corbin Community College can pull the upset over University of Fred Doug.
If you are calling Corbin a Community College and Fred Doug a university what would you call Boyle? They have more than those two and a few more waiting to become eligible I heard.
Because you can’t have a legitimate conversation about 4A football or Corbin without mentioning Boyle. If a person didn’t have to hear about Corbin gonna win it all year in and year out every single year then I’d say Boyle would never be mentioned. However, when the State Championship chant starts then the Rebel Bugle begins to blow. FYI, if you gonna run a coach off at least run him into different Class than you currently play. Obvious reasons..
This conversation is about the Frederick Douglass and Corbin game lol. I can almost promise the name Corbin is not synonymous with Boyle in Boyle Co..
I really thought the reason Jet said that was because those teams have kids from multiple counties.
(09-14-2023, 03:23 PM)rudedogky Wrote: Surely this game will be live streamed...............Anyone know where?

T107.3 Redhound Sports. Check there.

Ran off the Best Coach in the modern era.. Im not talking about Haywood and those old dudes, I respect those guys myself. But Haddix is the next Legend in the making. Get with me when Im 70 and I'll tell you all about it..... Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Cowboy42
Was it her or her husband who moved back ? I’ve heard the same thing!!!!!! I know the younger kid is enrolled back at Somerset from what I’ve heard …… very interesting

(09-14-2023, 08:29 PM)Deuce8 Wrote:
Was it her or her husband who moved back ? I’ve heard the same thing!!!!!! I know the younger kid is enrolled back at Somerset from what I’ve heard …… very interesting
22-14 FDU with the win in hound town !!!
I would like to post just over 24 hours before this game. I have to say after reading and following this thread I had to go back and make sure I posted Frederick Douglass at Corbin and not Boyle Co. at Corbin. Smile
There seems to be a lot on here that are big time Corbin supporters. That is fine I don't see many posts besides mine on here about Frederick Douglass (unless they lose) then people seem to come out of the woodwork. lol That is fine they only have had 10 times in 6+ seasons to do so. Wink

I may be wrong if you check the pickum contest results each week I am often wrong.lol But in the 3 seasons that the Broncos were in 6A (including this season) a lot forget that the first two seasons they were a program they were forced to play in 6A with only just over 800 students in 2017 and about 925 in 2018 before falling back into 5A for 4 years. Also they were first going to drop back to 4A in 2019 but the KHSAA did not count the 100+ students (boys) in the Carter G. Woodson Academy that is part of Frederick Douglass, those numbers punt them into 5A for the 2019-2022 seasons. In the 6+ season to date they are as a program 72-10 (.878) winning percentage.

Here is what I see going into this game. In Douglass case a lot thought it was going to be a down year with their 45-6 loss in Caton to Archbishop Hoban. I don't know if anyone here on BGR actually watched this game. I would feel very confident in saying that Hoban would beat any team in Kentucky this season by 20+. Since then, they have won the next two games with a bye week in there by a total of 60-14. One of those two victories was at Trintiy 17-14 that was after traveling there on Friday night the game being postponed and coming back and heading out the next morning for a 2:00pm kickoff. They held Trinity scoreless until the 4th quarter.

The expected senior QB Cole Carpenter has yet to play in the regular season due to a leg injury sustained in their last scrimmage in early August. The replacement sophomore QB Jaxon Strautman is playing better with each game. It was very hard I know to take your first snaps vs. Hoban. 

I will be the first to say that the Frederick Douglass defense is the calling card and their strength for the past several seasons. The first several years as a program their offense was their strongest part of the team. Their defense last year was one of the best I've seen in many years at the high school level. This year's team it is still the defense as poster very correctly posted above (when something was actually said about Douglass and this game and not Corbin or Boyle   Blush ) This year's defense is not as strong as last year on the d-line but the linebackers and defensive backs are very, very good. They went to Trinity who had just scored 36 on a very good Bryan Station team and they did not score on Douglass until about 40 minutes into the game. I know Corbin is a lot like Douglass that their defense is biggest part of their success. I do think the Douglass defense is a little better than the Corbin defense, but I think the athletes that Douglass can have on offense and especially special teams is better. In looking at the 3 opponents their offense has not really put-up big numbers. I know some on here will say what about Lexington Catholic they are very much a storied program, but they are not what they have been, and I think that will show tomorrow in their game with LCA.

I will get off now so everyone can get back to talking about Corbin and Boyle Co.  Rolleyes I will come back on here before the playoffs after Frederick Douglass has played both teams with my thoughts on a possible post season matchup.

Frederick Douglass 20
Corbin 7

The only way Corbin stays close or maybe win is with the help of the officials which is not as bad now as it used to be in prior years with all of the access to streaming and video its harder for the officials to get away with too much home cooking. I think the officials would have to penalize the Broncos 100 or more yards for that to happen. Hey, I guess it will all play out in just over 24 hours. As I always say I hope it's a good game and there is no injuries and they let the players decide the outcome.
[-] The following 3 users Like 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz, HighViz
Frederick Douglass last season was the best team I had watched in a long time and maybe the best I had witnessed. I'll tell anyone that.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 16BBall Fan, CC117, Jack Lambert
(09-14-2023, 08:52 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: I would like to post just over 24 hours before this game. I have to say after reading and following this thread I had to go back and make sure I posted Frederick Douglass at Corbin and not Boyle Co. at Corbin. Smile
There seems to be a lot on here that are big time Corbin supporters. That is fine I don't see many posts besides mine on here about Frederick Douglass (unless they lose) then people seem to come out of the woodwork. lol That is fine they only have had 10 times in 6+ seasons to do so. Wink

I may be wrong if you check the pickum contest results each week I am often wrong.lol But in the 3 seasons that the Broncos were in 6A (including this season) a lot forget that the first two seasons they were a program they were forced to play in 6A with only just over 800 students in 2017 and about 925 in 2018 before falling back into 5A for 4 years. Also they were first going to drop back to 4A in 2019 but the KHSAA did not count the 100+ students (boys) in the Carter G. Woodson Academy that is part of Frederick Douglass, those numbers punt them into 5A for the 2019-2022 seasons. In the 6+ season to date they are as a program 72-10 (.878) winning percentage.

Here is what I see going into this game. In Douglass case a lot thought it was going to be a down year with their 45-6 loss in Caton to Archbishop Hoban. I don't know if anyone here on BGR actually watched this game. I would feel very confident in saying that Hoban would beat any team in Kentucky this season by 20+. Since then, they have won the next two games with a bye week in there by a total of 60-14. One of those two victories was at Trintiy 17-14 that was after traveling there on Friday night the game being postponed and coming back and heading out the next morning for a 2:00pm kickoff. They held Trinity scoreless until the 4th quarter.

The expected senior QB Cole Carpenter has yet to play in the regular season due to a leg injury sustained in their last scrimmage in early August. The replacement sophomore QB Jaxon Strautman is playing better with each game. It was very hard I know to take your first snaps vs. Hoban. 

I will be the first to say that the Frederick Douglass defense is the calling card and their strength for the past several seasons. The first several years as a program their offense was their strongest part of the team. Their defense last year was one of the best I've seen in many years at the high school level. This year's team it is still the defense as poster very correctly posted above (when something was actually said about Douglass and this game and not Corbin or Boyle   Blush ) This year's defense is not as strong as last year on the d-line but the linebackers and defensive backs are very, very good. They went to Trinity who had just scored 36 on a very good Bryan Station team and they did not score on Douglass until about 40 minutes into the game. I know Corbin is a lot like Douglass that their defense is biggest part of their success. I do think the Douglass defense is a little better than the Corbin defense, but I think the athletes that Douglass can have on offense and especially special teams is better. In looking at the 3 opponents their offense has not really put-up big numbers. I know some on here will say what about Lexington Catholic they are very much a storied program, but they are not what they have been, and I think that will show tomorrow in their game with LCA.

I will get off now so everyone can get back to talking about Corbin and Boyle Co.  Rolleyes I will come back on here before the playoffs after Frederick Douglass has played both teams with my thoughts on a possible post season matchup.

Frederick Douglass 20
Corbin 7

The only way Corbin stays close or maybe win is with the help of the officials which is not as bad now as it used to be in prior years with all of the access to streaming and video its harder for the officials to get away with too much home cooking. I think the officials would have to penalize the Broncos 100 or more yards for that to happen. Hey, I guess it will all play out in just over 24 hours. As I always say I hope it's a good game and there is no injuries and they let the players decide the outcome.

The two most common ways that referees at every level favor one team vs another is via ball placement and no-calls. Hard to hold an official accountable when he says he didn't see a penalty. Look for some blind mice on Friday. If Douglass is 4-5 TDs better than Corbin, they might get out of C-town with a win. I don't think there is a 4 TD differential. In fact, I don't think Corbin has showed Douglass on tape what they're gonna show them tomorrow night.  As I mentioned before, Douglass' win probability vs Boyle in Lexington than their win probability in Corbin on new Campbell Field night. Broncs are already 2 TDs behind. They just don't it yet. lol

#broncsgetbusted
#thealcoatreatment
(09-09-2023, 07:00 PM)64SUR Wrote: Not sure if Corbin his ready to play the big boys yet!!!

Frederick Douglass 49
Corbin 14
I hope I’m wrong about my prediction,  Go Hounds
(09-14-2023, 09:21 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(09-14-2023, 08:52 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: I would like to post just over 24 hours before this game. I have to say after reading and following this thread I had to go back and make sure I posted Frederick Douglass at Corbin and not Boyle Co. at Corbin. Smile

Frederick Douglass 20
Corbin 7

The two most common ways that referees at every level favor one team vs another is via ball placement and no-calls. Hard to hold an official accountable when he says he didn't see a penalty. Look for some blind mice on Friday. If Douglass is 4-5 TDs better than Corbin, they might get out of C-town with a win. I don't think there is a 4 TD differential. In fact, I don't think Corbin has showed Douglass on tape what they're gonna show them tomorrow night.  As I mentioned before, Douglass' win probability vs Boyle in Lexington than their win probability in Corbin on new Campbell Field night. Broncs are already 2 TDs behind. They just don't it yet. lol

#broncsgetbusted
#thealcoatreatment

Oct 28, 22 Boyle County away (W) 37 - 6 

I watched that game last year at Boyle County. 

I know this years Frederick Douglass aint last years but......Something to think about...
FD went into BC last year and absolutely throttled Boyle. I witnessed that one too. Boyle was dealing with several injuries including losing the starting QB Dawson to an injury that game but I really don’t think it mattered other than maybe it might have been a few points closer. That team was definitely one for the ages, with many D1 graduates 15-0 champs but I’m willing to bet this one’s not too far behind going into Trinity and winning. I’m anxious to see how 4A does against them
(09-14-2023, 09:31 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(09-09-2023, 07:00 PM)64SUR Wrote: Not sure if Corbin his ready to play the big boys yet!!!

Frederick Douglass 49
Corbin 14
I hope I’m wrong about my prediction,  Go Hounds

I believe you are... wrong, that is!!!   lol
(09-14-2023, 01:22 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(09-14-2023, 01:15 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Douglass has gave up more than 14 points 3 times the past 3 years. Hoban, Boyle, and South Warren. I don't think people realize how hard points are going to be to come by.
Agree with this, that's really how they have been so dominate, and special teams. Their offense is nothing special.

The really great Bryan Station teams of the early 70's were just like this - not a lot of points on the board, but shut down D and speed everywhere.

Looking forward to the game updates here. Think FD escapes with a W.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nemo's post:
  • Bull got out!
Corbin-21
Fredrick Douglass-20
Douglass by about 24. Maybe more.
(09-15-2023, 07:48 AM)know1 Wrote: Douglass by about 24. Maybe more.
Bring a big ol' sack  sack of money and let's do some bettin' before the game.   Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • pjdoug