Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell county football
Wildcat18 Wrote:I wouldn't completely disagree, but I wouldn't necessarily say it's hard to find help. There are plenty out there capable to choose from. The hard part is finding them jobs and moving their families halfway across the state. It's easy to convince an assistant to go, but it's harder to convince his family. How many instances do head coaches need 4 or 5 spots in the building to bring assistants with them, but turn down the job because the administration will only let them bring 1 or 2? I would say that happens very often.

You just elaborated on some of the reasons why it's hard to find help. What you said plus the time and lack of overall money are the reasons it's hard to find help. I totally agree. A lot of what you said is what I was telling people last year on here when they were going through the job search.....location(s), picking up families to move with very little incentive financially. Those who have moved around (once married and kids anyway) in this profession are slim, and it's not getting any better.

As far as the scenario you stated....I can't disagree.

In short, for whatever the various reasons preventing it....it's getting harder and harder to find help (good, hardworking, WE before ME...help).
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:You just elaborated on some of the reasons why it's hard to find help. What you said plus the time and lack of overall money are the reasons it's hard to find help. I totally agree. A lot of what you said is what I was telling people last year on here when they were going through the job search.....location(s), picking up families to move with very little incentive financially. Those who have moved around (once married and kids anyway) in this profession are slim, and it's not getting any better.

As far as the scenario you stated....I can't disagree.

In short, for whatever the various reasons preventing it....it's getting harder and harder to find help (good, hardworking, WE before ME...help).

Could it be that the field and profession is getting harder? The time required has been increasing over the last 20 years, and it doesn't look like it's slowing down. High school football is mirroring the NCAA levels, in the fact that it is developing into a massive arms race. It is a zero-sum game, and it's not changing. Everyone wants to be a winner, and that's reflected in the hiring and firing of coaches. And the fact that there is literally ZERO job security is why you aren't finding a wealth of non-morons to coach.

Good coaches are special. Great coaches are even more special. Neither of them is common, especially now.

Clarification: When I say it's "getting harder" I don't mean the actual coaching aspects of the game. The more things change, the more they stay the same. I'm talking about everything outside of those 4 quarters on a Friday night has changed. It's becoming soul-suckingly demanding. You're having to sacrifice something personally to be good, in most cases. There aren't many other jobs where that's the case.
Dudley was able to get 10 jobs for family and friends the last time they hired him, how many is he asking for this time?
Dudley will officially be named HC at the next school board meeting later this month. Randy Frazier and Scotty Russell will be assistants under Dudley.
He's back!
That statement may be half true, Frazier is very happy where he is.
Scotty won't be back
when is board meeting and coach mccreary will be on staff too wont he
hchs fan Wrote:when is board meeting and coach mccreary will be on staff too wont he

Lets hope he isn't
When is next board and is it really official coach coming back to bell county
hchs fan Wrote:When is next board and is it really official coach coming back to bell county

Who knows?
Is coach really coming back to bell county
Board meeting Tuesday and will hire him then!
Well we see what happens
Bobcat4years Wrote:Board meeting Tuesday and will hire him then!
Since the board only hires the Super and board attorney why does it take a board meeting to hire a coach...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OldJacket Wrote:Since the board only hires the Super and board attorney why does it take a board meeting to hire a coach...

Could be He is being hired for a Board Position. Super will hire and board would approve.:biglmao:
OldJacket Wrote:Since the board only hires the Super and board attorney why does it take a board meeting to hire a coach...

Not to mention the whole posting it for 30 days unless Dudley isn't doing anything but coaching....

Maybe the board meeting will fire Mcreary?

I think the same staff will be on the sidelines next year...
I'm hearing there is a little noise out on the recruiting trail. Some action going on in Knox, down 119, and 92. They said if they was anybody left at Middlesbrough's that could play they would be at Bell next year
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Not to mention the whole posting it for 30 days unless Dudley isn't doing anything but coaching....

Maybe the board meeting will fire Mcreary?

I think the same staff will be on the sidelines next year...

I don't think he will be teaching, if anything it will be a classified type gig that he has now at Taylor. Classified jobs during the day + coaching being a classified position wouldn't have to be posted for 30 days.
A lot talk going on tonight at the 52nd district tournament on bell county side concerning bell football
hchs fan Wrote:A lot talk going on tonight at the 52nd district tournament on bell county side concerning bell football

Like what? It has been going on here same old same old nothing new.
Tonight's board meeting will not hire or fire anyone. Boards can't do that. What they are doing is making and approving the job for Dudley. Now , does that mean he is coming, nope. He will then have to make sure all the other things are in place before he says yes. McCreary will be on staff and he is working the boys out. Dudley has till May to accept or not, so to speak. So if he accepts tonight ,tomorrow or in May. , who knows that is Dudley. He still may not. Just get your ticket and enjoy the ride.
WhyLie Wrote:Tonight's board meeting will not hire or fire anyone. Boards can't do that. What they are doing is making and approving the job for Dudley. Now , does that mean he is coming, nope. He will then have to make sure all the other things are in place before he says yes. McCreary will be on staff and he is working the boys out. Dudley has till May to accept or not, so to speak. So if he accepts tonight ,tomorrow or in May. , who knows that is Dudley. He still may not. Just get your ticket and enjoy the ride.

I'll be shocked of TC Super Cook will let it drag out until May. That would be a huge disservice to Taylor if Dudley let it go on that long.
Just said that to say no one knows when Dudley will say yes. I don't think it will be that long at all. From tomorrow till first of March maybe, just guessing.
WhyLie Wrote:Just said that to say no one knows when Dudley will say yes. I don't think it will be that long at all. From tomorrow till first of March maybe, just guessing.

Done by March 1. The site will be hopping the next few days.
Wildcat18 Wrote:I'll be shocked of TC Super Cook will let it drag out until May. That would be a huge disservice to Taylor if Dudley let it go on that long.

I'd be really interested to know the TC side of things during all of this.
we will see what happens after tonight board meeting
WhyLie Wrote:Tonight's board meeting will not hire or fire anyone. Boards can't do that. What they are doing is making and approving the job for Dudley. Now , does that mean he is coming, nope. He will then have to make sure all the other things are in place before he says yes. McCreary will be on staff and he is working the boys out. Dudley has till May to accept or not, so to speak. So if he accepts tonight ,tomorrow or in May. , who knows that is Dudley. He still may not. Just get your ticket and enjoy the ride.

If McCreary is working them out then they aren't doing much. That guy is pitiful.
Any news or updates
hchs fan Wrote:Any news or updates

I think we've been had.

Bellboozled. Dudleywinked.