Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell county football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I have been hearing and told that coach mccraery has resigned or stepped down as coach I am wondoring if it just rumor or for sure fact
Rumor has it that the administration has offered Dudley his job back. He may have .
From the message I received while ago was it was just rumor no fact or no truth to it as of now
I have never had a dog on either side of the Bell County fight, but, I hope that it never changes. Every day it's a treat to get to see what is going on there.

And, as I've said before, I'm not sure Bell is willing to write the check to get Dudley back from Taylor.
I'm a Corbin fan, as most know Bell and Corbin have no love lost for each other. That being said I am saddened by what is happening on log mountain. Whatever it takes I hope Bell returns to their old ways. Whether it's with McCreary, Hilton, or some other coach who brings them back up. I just hope Bell becomes one of the top programs in the mountains again. I love Corbin vs Bell when it is one of the marquee games in the mountains. Best wishes from this old redhound, except for one or possibly two games a year.
Heard Dudley has resigned from Taylor Co and headed to Bell Co.
That probally just rumor I say coach stay at Taylor county
Middlesboro Wrote:Heard Dudley has resigned from Taylor Co and headed to Bell Co.

I feel like a broken record, but, Dudley isn't leaving Taylor to go back to Bell. He has it made there.

I don't know if it's just wishful thinking, delusions of grandeur, Bell county folks trying to start something, or simply Bell County fans longing for their glory days again, but he's not coming back.

I'm sure if you wanted to name the stadium after him, he might come back for a visit, but that's the best you can hope for anymore.
They will be back!
4Life Wrote:They will be back!

If HE comes back!!!!!
4Life Wrote:They will be back!

Really? You have no clue. Put a fork in them! Their is no move they can make now to bring them back. No coaching HC or asst and very few kids!!! Plus they will lose to Hounds BIG twice a year. Hilton doesn't want his legacy tarnished.
Hilton was an excellent coach at Bell but time and age have to be factors. As low as the program is I don't believe he can dig it back at his age. Needs to keep his legacy and turn away from this move. Leadership change in the system and time with a young solid coaching staff with the right energy will be the route. Relationships with the kids is needed and I believe Hiltons age and energy really puts him out of the link. The administration really put a number on this program when they uprooted a solid system of coaches and staff in place prior to last season. Last season was destruction.
ArchieAdams Wrote:Really? You have no clue. Put a fork in them! Their is no move they can make now to bring them back. No coaching HC or asst and very few kids!!! Plus they will lose to Hounds BIG twice a year. Hilton doesn't want his legacy tarnished.

Hard for some to let go.........If what I hear is true, things can be better on Log Mountain.
Don't be surprised to see a presser late this week or early the following week.....introducing Ol' Dud.

Head of the Alternative School
AD for the High School
AD for the Middle School
Head Coach
Wife a good job at the Central office

Oh Yeah he is coming back
Dudley can turn it around.
Dudley will turn it around!! Take that to the bank!!
Running Back Wrote:Hilton was an excellent coach at Bell but time and age have to be factors. As low as the program is I don't believe he can dig it back at his age. Needs to keep his legacy and turn away from this move. Leadership change in the system and time with a young solid coaching staff with the right energy will be the route. Relationships with the kids is needed and I believe Hiltons age and energy really puts him out of the link. The administration really put a number on this program when they uprooted a solid system of coaches and staff in place prior to last season. Last season was destruction.

I think the age thing is way overrated. I don't think age has anything to do with being able to relate to people; in particularly young people. People that suck at communicating and relationship building have probably always been that way. The same goes for those who excel in these areas.

I play golf with a former very successful coach in our state that is older than Dudley. Not only does he beat guys my age that are pretty dang good, but he'll talk crap to them while he is doing it (as they are doing the same) and he will have them in tears with his personality..laughing with him, not at him. NO DOUBT in my mind he could still coach at a very high level if he so chose as well.

His style obviously fits Bell County; they are what they are because of him needless to say. At Taylor County he's had a better 2 1/2 year start than probably any HC to ever be at the school.

But, it's been in the wishbone, power I, I-wing, etc and not from the "spread"...which as I'm sure you know...in this day in age, you can suck and be in the spread (and there are a CRAP LOAD of teams that are horrid operating from 4 and 5 wide)and for some reason get a pass (no pun intended). Be average or suck from his kind of system or similar? Then all of the sudden you are an "out of touch-neanderthal who doesn't know squat." (not saying you feel that way, but from the general consensus of the public).
All just rumor no way Dudley leaving Taylor county and coming back to bell county coach mccraery staying another year
Dudley coming back to bell would be foolish their no where near the powerhouse they once were
Dudley has done resigned from Taylor Co and looking at Fred Hoskins home.
All just rumor talked to coach yesterday and he staying at Taylor county
I hate seeing Bell struggle like this, but all of this Dudley talk makes Bell County look like the crazy girl who keeps going back to the ex because she thinks she can't get anyone else. If Bell went and got him back, they may be decent a few years, then he will finally retire and back to square one.

Bell needs to actually decide whether or not they are going to put an emphasis on sports and clean house from the top down, or just say screw it and continue to fall off of the map.
Just left downtown meeting with Dudley and Mrs.G she is going to let him move into her new house on the hillConfusednicker:
BobcatForever Wrote:Just left downtown meeting with Dudley and Mrs.G she is going to let him move into her new house on the hillConfusednicker:

just kidding figure I might as well say that since everything else is being told don't see him coming back to Bell!
Dont get what I want. Leave the system. Go somewhere else. Don't get what I want. Leave that system. Come back to first system. Don't get what I want. Leave the system Again. Go somewhere else. Don't get what I want. Leave. Go back to first system. Don't get what I want. Leave. Go somewhere else. Don't get what I want. Leave system. Come back to first system. Does anyone see a pattern here? Are we running a football program to put kids first or are we writing a tv show full of reruns?
hchs fan Wrote:All just rumor talked to coach yesterday and he staying at Taylor county

If you are here at the game, maybe go over and talk to him again. He is here for a reason. Bell / Harlan Co. game.
I wondered if someone was going to post about coach Hilton being at the game tonight.
I have no idea if it had anything to do with football, but his daughter teaches at HCHS and he's been at HCHS girls games before.
Bell County is not what it once was. Will they be back anytime soon? If Dudley comes back I don't think it'd take to long.
I am hearing some Very reliable sources give me information that surprising and I am very excited to announce they are rumor that the coach the legend is coming back to the mountains
The rumor mill is really starting to stir. I personally hope it is true, it will be a good thing for the mountains, and for our district. I love to hate bell county and it's a lot easier when they are good.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5