Poll: Who Advances to Bowling Green?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
82.35%
Corbin
17.65%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin @ Belfry State Semifinal 11/27
Born in Boyle, then moved to the wild and wonderful state....
bcpc Wrote:I was born to not root for a pirate. Call it jumpin ship, or hoppin on a bandwagon. Whatever. I'd root for the Russians before I'd be for Belfry or Powell.

I have no problem with that and could care less if you respect coach Haywood. I feel the same about breathitt county, the shame of the state. And will mutually hate them in return, bunch of whinners.
Crossbones Wrote:I have no problem with that and could care less if you respect coach Haywood. I feel the same about breathitt county, the shame of the state. And will mutually hate them in return, bunch of whinners.

Belfry is the shame of the (West Virginia) state.
You can't even spell winners over there in WV.... Lol Smile
bcpc Wrote:Born in Boyle, then moved to the wild and wonderful state....

??? You where born in Boyle then moved to WVA? I was born in Ohio, which I am ashamed of, but couldn't been helped. My family was there visiting family and I couldn't wait to get out.
bcpc Wrote:You can't even spell winners over there in WV.... Lol Smile

I wasn't spelling winners.Confusedhh: you read it right the first time.
But that is what them Breathitt boys are.... You oughta know first hand about takin one on the chin.... Smile
bcpc Wrote:But that is what them Breathitt boys are.... You oughta know first hand about takin one on the chin.... Smile

I've never personally taken one on the chin from breathitt. When I played, a long time ago. But Belfry and Breathitt has had some battles. I don't take any of this personally and would honestly like to see them get back to the Breathitt of old, the way it should be. Nothing wrong with hating your opponent, but I have always respected them for the battles they brought.
pjdoug Wrote:This will shock you Belfry fans. I'm picking The Pirates to win 35-14, but I wish both teams would lose Confusednicker:

please we don't want u picking Belfry,u always pick against them and they win,so thanks but no thanks..:welcome:
0ff The Chain Wrote:Come playoff time they are unstoppable in 3A. I can't really recall the last time time Belfry lost an actual 3A game. A championship game a few years ago maybe?

Louisville Central most have quickly been forgotten! They were Belfry just 3 years ago. They were the ones putting Belfry out. Albeit Belfry finally got over the hump. I feel this tide will have eb and flow, and after watching Lexington Catholic (for however long they can keep their enrollment at the 3A level, I'm already doubting Boyle county can), Catholic will be right here giving Belfry and Central fits as well. Central and Belfry are just the class of 3A, neither has proven to be the kingpin over the other, they share it for now, or for the past couple of decades. If you want to give one the upper hand, the next 4 years, by 2020 (if we are alive) we'll see who has won the most in the 2000's. Right now it's fairly even, but I think Central holds the advantage, still, and for now, even over the greatness of Belfry. Both programs are class acts.
For the poster who mentioned Central and Belry dominance over 3A

Central has 5 titles in 6 appearances since 2007.

Belfry has 4 titles in 8 appearances since 2003, but 2 of those came in 2A.

Since 2007 when Cental and Belfry joined 3A there has only been 1 year (2009) that a team named Central or Belfry was not crowned champion.

Central and Belfry have met for the 3A title 5 times (07, 10, 11, 12, 13) Central leads the series 4-1 with only one not being competitive.

Central beat Breathitt Co in 2008 and Belfry beat Wayne in 2013. The only times these two teams did not meet for 3A.

This past Friday Lexington Catholic eliminated Central from making it back to the dance and continuing the above trend in a stellar ballgame.

Now for this game :

On Black Friday Corbin rolls into CAM stadium looking to stop Belfry from playing in their 6th straight title game and a chance at a 3 peat. In 2014 Corbin tried and failed to derail Central. Do they have a better chance against Belfry?

Is Corbin better than last season or are they reaping the benefits of joining the overall weaker east? Honest answer from someone who knows.

Belfry has had some great teams over the past few years but I feel like this Belfry Defense is the best all around defense we have seen during this great run. Especially the ball hawking secondary which has come into its own with a monster Dline that allow them to rush only three most of the time.

I still need to see more on Corbin but I currently feel like this game will be a bit similar to last years Russel semi final, except Corbin will put some points on the board.
Granny B, "imploding last year"? You mean in the game vs Louisvile Central? I really thought Corbin had something for Belfry last year. Even though Central was supposed to be "down", they still gave Belfry a great game. And Corbin was blowing Central out until the 2nd half. Then a miracle play, and then a miracle penalty saved Central's season. I really felt Corbin would give Belfry a game had they got past that game. I don't have inside info so I don't know what the imploding part was last year. I think Corbin was a lot better last year, than this. I do know when Corbin's freshman mature, stay on the weights, about their junior year, these current freshman will be hard to deal with, for anyone.
smoke1015 Wrote:Louisville Central most have quickly been forgotten! They were Belfry just 3 years ago. They were the ones putting Belfry out. Albeit Belfry finally got over the hump. I feel this tide will have eb and flow, and after watching Lexington Catholic (for however long they can keep their enrollment at the 3A level, I'm already doubting Boyle county can), Catholic will be right here giving Belfry and Central fits as well. Central and Belfry are just the class of 3A, neither has proven to be the kingpin over the other, they share it for now, or for the past couple of decades. If you want to give one the upper hand, the next 4 years, by 2020 (if we are alive) we'll see who has won the most in the 2000's. Right now it's fairly even, but I think Central holds the advantage, still, and for now, even over the greatness of Belfry. Both programs are class acts.

Accidental quote. Please delete if possible. Thank you.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:For the poster who mentioned Central and Belry dominance over 3A

Since 2007 when Cental and Belfry joined 3A there has only been 1 year (2009) that a team named Central or Belfry was not crowned champion.

Central and Belfry have met for the 3A title 5 times (07, 10, 11, 12, 13) Central leads the series 4-1 with only one not being competitive.

Central beat Breathitt Co in 2008 and Belfry beat Wayne in 2013. The only times these two teams did not meet for 3A.

This past Friday Lexington Catholic eliminated Central from making it back to the dance and continuing the above trend in a stellar ballgame.

Now for this game :

On Black Friday Corbin rolls into CAM stadium looking to stop Belfry from playing in their 6th straight title game and a chance at a 3 peat. In 2014 Corbin tried and failed to derail Central. Do they have a better chance against Belfry?

Is Corbin better than last season or are they reaping the benefits of joining the overall weaker east? Honest answer from someone who knows.

Belfry has had some great teams over the past few years but I feel like this Belfry Defense is the best all around defense we have seen during this great run. Especially the ball hawking secondary which has come into its own with a monster Dline that allow them to rush only three most of the time.

I still need to see more on Corbin but I currently feel like this game will be a bit similar to last years Russel semi final, except Corbin will put some points on the board.
You mean me? I can't tell if you're debating me, or giving good details (which I appreciate) to backup what I posted. Yes, Belfry and Central are very good. I mentioned Belfry and Central because someone made it sound as if Belfry had no competition the past decade or so. And also, yes, I was at the Louisville Central vs Lexington Catholic game. We watched from the Central side. I recorded most of the game. Catholic is a very good squad. I think Elizabethtown may be the team of destiny this year...until/if they meet Belfry.

To answer your question on Corbin. NO, Corbin is not better than they were in 2014. They will be better than that when their young freshman hit their junior year. This year they aren't as good as they were last year, IMO, not at all. Corbin doesn't impress me with their passing game, or their running game. They don't have much speed at all, and although their QB is a large and very sturdy kid, just don't think they can put up any points on Belfry unless it's a blown coverage, someone falls down, something.

Sorry I do not mean to double post. I was wanting to reply to the above quote. Could't delete my other comment. Apologies.
Does Corbin's QB move pretty well? I haven't watched them yet
AtlPirateFan Wrote:For the poster who mentioned Central and Belry dominance over 3A

Now for this game :

Belfry0304 Wrote:Does Corbin's QB move pretty well? I haven't watched them yet
He's more of a bruiser than a speedster. So I think that plays even more into your hands. He's a pretty big guy. Strong looking kid. But he prefers to sit in the pocket if I recall. He's not going to win any track meets. Neither are his wide outs. The running back, short compact kid is who to watch out for. But, again, that's playing into Belfry's strengths, dive plays, etc.. #15 halfback is good, carrying it, or they will throw to him. Like to throw swing passes to him and setup good blocking. QB is accurate enough if given time. I wouldn't worry too much about his mobility.
Lord if he stays in the pocket Ray and Cole will feast. You really need to be mobile to hurt this Belfry D. I am not saying that in any way to down the kid or the Hounds, but I have seen first hand several times what hurts the Belfry D and it is not a pocket QB unless they have a great line or just do short quick patterns all night.
bucslover68 Wrote:Lord if he stays in the pocket Ray and Cole will feast. You really need to be mobile to hurt this Belfry D. I am not saying that in any way to down the kid or the Hounds, but I have seen first hand several times what hurts the Belfry D and it is not a pocket QB unless they have a great line or just do short quick patterns all night.

I really respect Corbin. I may sound like an ass or that I'm belittling them. But I just don't see them having anything for Belfry. The QB is good, but not super mobile, not quick. He's sturdy, decent height, but just not real quick. They run the little quick swing pass to the backs, but I know Belfry will be all over that. However I do believe this young Corbin coach may be a very good gameplanner. He just won't have the horses to work with. I pray for people that go it's a better game than I think it will be. By what's "right" I would hope it will be competitive, Belfry winning as they have earned it the past several years, with Corbin looking like they might have something for Belfry in the next couple of years (to spice up future matchups). I just think it's not going to be competitive. Corbin is decent sized up front, but not the most physical team I've seen. IMO
Belfry BIG!

Pirates 56
Corbin 14
cuppett777 Wrote:please we don't want u picking Belfry,u always pick against them and they win,so thanks but no thanks..:welcome:

Go Pirates. I wont say where to go to :biggrin:

Now for this game :

Corbin was better last year.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Does Corbin's QB move pretty well? I haven't watched them yet

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/5032096/high...5269988/v2
Belfry by 3+ TDs
Belfry by 24. JV and freshmen team will be playing the end of the 3rd and all of the 4th. I will be purchasing my bowling green tickets but have to wait on hotel. Just haven't figured out what day we play on. I do wish Corbin good luck and safe travels. They didn't get this far by being slackers. Belfry is just to big, fast, and loaded with talent. I've said before 3 or 4 talented kids can't win, it takes all 11 on both sides.
Manononamission Wrote:Belfry by 24. JV and freshmen team will be playing the end of the 3rd and all of the 4th. I will be purchasing my bowling green tickets but have to wait on hotel. Just haven't figured out what day we play on. I do wish Corbin good luck and safe travels. They didn't get this far by being slackers. Belfry is just to big, fast, and loaded with talent. I've said before 3 or 4 talented kids can't win, it takes all 11 on both sides.

I hope you get stuck with the ticket :biggrin:
Pirates77 Wrote:No team is unstoppable.......but I do believe it is gonna take someone playing their best football, and for the Pirates to have a night like the Midland game or the first Lawrence County game for them to lose.......GO PIRATES!!!
I think the coaching staff and team is just to much for Corbin. Not taking anything from Corbin's staff or team. Belfry had had a better strength of schedule , been playing better , and all around a better team. Belfry by 16.
belfry wins this one.
Lucky#45 Wrote:I think the coaching staff and team is just to much for Corbin. Not taking anything from Corbin's staff or team. Belfry had had a better strength of schedule , been playing better , and all around a better team. Belfry by 16.

I disagree with the schedule.Belfry didnt play against a bunch of powerhouse teams.Mayfield and Danville on Corbin's schedule could play with about any of them.
Belfry will be favored and well should be, they are a well coached team with lots of discipline and talent. With that said Corbin still has to go play this game a forfeit is not in the deal. They are no bad teams left at this point of the season and to advance you must execute what you have been taught and hope your opponent overlooks you, and a little luck is always helpful. The Corbin kids are excited to be in this position and be so young win or lose this will be a learning tool for the future. Belfry has established themselves as a traditional powerhouse a position that Corbin once had and is working to reach that level again with this young team. I know Belfry is also young and I see these two teams playing this same game over the next 3 years and maybe beyond. I really didn't think Corbin would be at this point after graduating such a large class and trying to find the leadership for such a young group. I look forward to driving up to Belfry and hope to see two class programs and coaches play a football game, I will guarantee that you will see a clean hard hitting game with no nonsense tolerated by the coaches. I have been to Belfry a lot on business and sporting events and they have a great bunch of fans that take pride in their football team. Both teams want to make their community proud with all the layoffs in both towns it gives the people something positive to talk about. LETS GO HOUNDS
I'm ok with the chances. I gave Corbin kodo's for making it this far. It's not there year nor there time. I'm not disrespecting the players nor the coaching staff. I respect them. They've done great. Belfry is by far way to big, fast, talented across the board. Plus the coaching staff makes adjustment fast and better than any team. Plus if we come out the first half and Corbin can't handle them the second half will be worse.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next