Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats Wrong With Kentucky Boys?
Thats Great Tubby does good in the SEC but it isnt were it really counts...Ncaa Tourny
Check his NCAA record vs some of the so called greats. And thats with his bad recruiting. He lost some players early to the draft that would have changed some things.
he is a bad coach. that does not know what talent is. that is why he dosen't get ky boys.
#1ukfan Wrote:he is a bad coach. that does not know what talent is. that is why he dosen't get ky boys.
Good Point
#1ukfan Wrote:he is a bad coach. that does not know what talent is. that is why he dosen't get ky boys.

no tubby is a real good coach but he needs to hire someone else to do all of his recuirting because he can't do that. but other than that tubby is one of best coaches in the ncaa.
And this is why we have the WORST fan base in college basketball...who can say they're KY's #1 fan and call their leader a bad coach...he's a proven winner, he's recruited just as many All Americans as Pitino...He had the #1 recruiting class three years ago but that goes unmentioned...He gets players that fit in his system and if he seen someone from this state that fit then you better believe he'd be on the recruiting trail...i.e Darius Miller and Jenkins out of L'ville..so yes he is recruiting these KY boys
yea he has recruited all americans ...The best one was Rondo...What happend to him????
gee idk i think he might of went to the nba hahaha
allthewayhome Wrote:gee idk i think he might of went to the nba hahaha
geee I wonder why he went, ummmm prob cause he knew he wouldnt win anything at UK
^ Lol!
RivalsKing Wrote:yea he has recruited all americans ...The best one was Rondo...What happend to him????
And how is that his fault?? he can't make these kids stay and these great freshman we got this year will be four year players...he receives so much flack for his recruiting yet his freshman are receiving nice reviews from some people that actually know the game...and by the way Tayshaun Prince, Keith Bogans and one of the best centers in college basketball today Randolph Morris were all americans and you're saying Rondo is better than these guys?? WOW:dontthink
Rondo was better than Morris...
RivalsKing Wrote:geee I wonder why he went, ummmm prob cause he knew he wouldnt win anything at UK
and whose fault would that be??? he had the pieces BOTH seasons and Mr. Rondo couldn't even stay in the starting lineup throughout the season...im 99.9% sure Rondo didn't leave because of the lack of talent...he didn't do much at all to help our cause...
RivalsKing Wrote:Rondo was better than Morris...
yeah I don't remember Morris ever losing his starting spot to a stud like Brandon Stockton though lol...why do you say that?? I feel as if Morris has had a MUCH more productive college career than rondo..and you can't say anything about the NBA game until Randolph decides to leave...and I guarantee he'll make an impact wherever he ends up
He already left and couldnt make it, I shouldnt have to say anything
are you telling me you haven't seen an improvement in this kids game?? He was 18 years old and he's grown leaps and bounds it's sad to see you haven't noticed... You see the UNC game the matchup of him and Hansbrough? not even close...he's having huge games now on a daily basis against top prospects and you're telling me he couldn't do it in the NBA...once again WOW
Im not saying he hasent Improved. People also said he could have went straight from High School to NBA, I seriously doubt that
if you watched him play against superstar Dwight Howard then you would have definately said the same thing...he's 10 times more mature now and he has proven he's a beast...he will be very productive in the next level
Yea he is a lot better now than he was, Ill agree
yeah...I feel they both will be talents in the years to come...I also believe another Tubby recruit Azubuike will also have a solid career...you cant argue that Tubby preps a lot of kids for the next level if anyone would have told me 6'6 Chuck Hayes would be having the career he's having today I'd not believe it...
Azubuike was good but he really didnt have a choice to leave but he didnt have to hire an agent...yea I didnt think Chuck Hays would make it to the NBA.
Thats why I think alot of people wont look at KY boys, their size. If they just had a shot they could probably make it, well not all of them but a few. Same thing with Chuck Hays, Small but would hussle
They're not many players like Chuck Hayes...a couple come to mind are Barkely and maybe Hicks from Cincinnati...Plus, Chuck was playing guys a lot bigger than anyone most KY boys would see in their high school career...I love cheering on my KY boys in the UK jersey but I feel as though Tubby does have a good sense when it comes to recruiting
Hes has had good success with gaurds but I cant say much about his big men
Morris, Hayes and Erik Daniels....Jason Parker if he didn't get hurt he would have been huge...Estill was really becoming a star before he made a wrong decision...I will agree that we have had trouble at the 4 since chuck left, but other than that Tubby has had some nice big men down low
If people keep complaining about the out of state players, then they may stop coming here. You all would be happy , but UK would never compete with the top teams any more. Kentucky boys (most not all) simply can't run and jump and play defense like the city boys. I agree, we need some shooters. And, Kentucky does produce shooters. But our shooters would have a hard time getting shots off against the tough city players.
Statmaster Wrote:If people keep complaining about the out of state players, then they may stop coming here. You all would be happy , but UK would never compete with the top teams any more. Kentucky boys (most not all) simply can't run and jump and play defense like the city boys. I agree, we need some shooters. And, Kentucky does produce shooters. But our shooters would have a hard time getting shots off against the tough city players.

Maybe the 16th Region shooters would. But, the 15th Region wouldn't have any problem! LOL! Get back to work!
3 points is more than 2 points, so I would rather have a 3 than a dunk
RivalsKing Wrote:Rondo was better than Morris...

hahahahahahahahahahahaha good one
allthewayhome Wrote:hahahahahahahahahahahaha good one
Who went to the NBA and who didnt