Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 Mayfield 1a @ #3 Murray 2a 09-12-14
It is still current till new one is available.. thats how it works and im sure its always been that way..
you can argue this all day but Murray is not the 3rd best team in the state in their class and you know they're not.
mysonis55 Wrote:I'm confused but wasn't it the school in blue that offered free tuition first? It took us several years later as I recall. That I know since I was paying for mine to go to Mayfield. Also, wasn't it a GCHS booster that gave one of our up and coming stars a free place to live to get him to come there last year? He came back too.

Ya if we were pullin ppl frome the county school we would be even more unstoppable.. ha a few cornbread fed lineman. A star running back. Our star reciever back. That left this year.. im actually suprized we dont pull some of these good athletes wanting a ring... lord knows they will never get it at graves... ya they changed the tuition rule first.
pjdoug Wrote:you can argue this all day but Murray is not the 3rd best team in the state in their class and you know they're not.

Correct that was never in despute..you said they arnt ranked #3 and they are..lol. personally I have not seen them play , only highlights, but would say more like #5
ontopofthewest Wrote:Correct that was never in despute..you said they arnt ranked #3 and they are..lol. personally I have not seen them play , only highlights, but would say more like #5

:HitWall::insane:
:flame:
Here , use this
ontopofthewest Wrote::flame:
Here , use this

:Clap:
I guess its ok for williamsburg to get players from whitley county or to even acquire one of the top rb on that side of the state from harlan county, but god forbid a mayfield kid moves back from graves. Maybe they should take the ten smallest schools in ky and do a 0a class, wait make that 11 so williamsburg can be in it, and if williamsburg dont win it, just disqualify the other team and give them the damn trophy so these whores will quit crying.
Killbilly, how do you really feel?
ontopofthewest Wrote:Lmao... here we go. Last year we gave two players to graves co. This year one... Know what ur talkin bout before u speak please!! Our feeder program comes from the roots within our school system, it starts fundamentally in early elementary school. :poker face:

Mayfield has at least 12 players that came from the Graves feeder system. That must be the "Roots".
What 12 players? This is a small community. They move back and forth. I don't get this b s that the little blue nation has. They seem to think that because a kid went to school there in elementary they are their kids. It was okay when it was free to leave. Mayfield to go there. It's not okay when the reverse happens. We probably have at least that many athletes in blue that started at Mayfield. What's the point? It goes both ways. Now ask yourself, why do they seem to prefer to come to Mayfield? When you figure that out, fix the problem. It may be that they don't feel attached to the school when it is so big. It could mean they want to be at Mayfield because they have won at least 75% of the games played by the two. It could mean they want a ring. It could mean many other things. It's y'all's job to fix it, not to cry about it. I remember last year y'all got 3 of our football players. We didn't complain. We came out kicked your tails and went and got another ring. You got another 1 this year and we intend to give you the same results.
I'm trying to think here. I think this is how it's laid out.
Lane Kennemore went to Graves through his 8th grade year. But that was already predetermined. His Dad's pedigree tells you he was going to be at MHS all along.
Marshall Bacon came over after 6th grade. So he has been at Mayfield as long as he was at Graves.
Landon Arnett never went to Graves.
Trajon Bright never went to Graves.
Nathan Sullivan never went to Graves.
Colby Tucker never went to Graves.
Jordan Tyler went to Mayfield, then Graves last yr and now back.
Michael Walker went to Mayfield the Carlisle, maybe Graves and then back to Mayfield.
Gage and Garret Dunn went to Heath until their mom married a farmer here and they came to Mayfield.
Cole Kendall has always been at Mayfield.
Kel Carmen has always been at Mayfield.
Charles Jackson has always been at Mayfield.
Kane McCord has always been at Mayfield.
That's our offense.

Elijah Brimer has always been at Mayfield.
Kel Carmen same as above.
Cole Kendall same as above.
Tim McCampbell has always been at Mayfield.
Davis Mills came to Mayfield in 7th grade so he has been at Mayfield almost as long as he was at Graves.
The Dunns same as above.
Johnny Hernandez was at Mayfield, the Lone Oak and is back.
Nick Workman has always been at Mayfield.
Kincer Arnett has always been at Mayfield.
Kennemore same as above.
Jaime Tapia has always been at Mayfield.
Bright same as above.
Tyler same as above.
That's our defense.

So now, where are those 12 players?????
ontopofthewest Wrote:Lmao... here we go. Last year we gave two players to graves co. This year one... Know what ur talkin bout before u speak please!! Our feeder program comes from the roots within our school system, it starts fundamentally in early elementary school. :poker face:
I never said starters, I said 12 players came through Graves feeder program. Could be more but would have to dig a bit further. So they are not from the "Roots" of Mayfield Elementary program.
1.Marshall Bacon
2.Kevin Caldwell
3.Jordan Harrison
4.Sidney Herndon
5.Kyle Hurt
6.Lane Kennemore
7.Kane McCord
8.Davis Mills
9.Keelan Murphy
10.Jason Niehoff
11.Ian Sevic
12.Reece Wilson
:closeenough:
Where do they all live? Some of the players you named as always being in Mayfield have always lived in Graves County. If I was Graves I would shut that down. If you love Mayfield so much MOVE into the city limits.

I really have no dog in this fight but it seems the Mayfield fans on THIS site give many other good Mayfield fans a bad name. I respect what Mayfield has done, they have an outstanding tradition, but some of you guys really tarnish that with the idiocy you put on here. I really don't understand why you get in the back and forth with these other 1A programs. You dominate them, that is all that has to be said.
Graves can't stop it. Mayfield opened the enrollment a few years after Graves did. That means as long as you live in Graves you can go to either school as long as you provide your transportation. Graves went there first and got a few if our kids. We decided to do it after I had lived in the county for 2 years. The first 2 years I paid $500 per year for mine to stay at Mayfield. As long as Mayfield chooses to keep that door open they can.
pjdoug Wrote:you can argue this all day but Murray is not the 3rd best team in the state in their class and you know they're not.

I know no such thing.. Murray may very well be the 3rd best 2a team this year.. They made it to the semi's last year and was the only team to knock off Caldwell Co.. They've looked solid thus far this year.. They just lost a close game to a 5A team that was ranked in the Top 10 to start the season. Surely, your not going to spout out NCC or Somerset? OB Cath just got taken to the woodshed? Danville, did, as well? Bardstown and CAL probably warrant being a little higher, maybe even Glasgow, but, even if they are behind those, they're still a solid 6-7 in the state and they'll be a tough matchup.
Now as to your list, here we go:
Marshall Bacon, already addressed above.
Kevin Caldwell may have been there briefly but I remember at least back as far as fifth grade he was here and his family was always Mayfield.
Jordan Harrison came over in 7th grade of his own doing. No one went after him. He has that right, like I said figure out the problem and fix it.
Sidney Herndon came here long ago, around 7th I think for soccer. He had two or more boys from his travel soccer team at Mayfield and he wanted to join them.
Kyle Hurt, are you kidding me. He has always been Mayfield. He lived in the city but was in that crazy area where it is considered county school dist. He started at Mayfield. He then went to Farmington. He got tired of coaches complaining about him hitting too hard and came back by at least 5th grade.
Lane, previously addressed above.
Kane McCord, I don't recall him being a Graves boy. Once again, his choice.
Davis Mills, previously addressed.
Keelan Murphy came over in 7th grade. Good kid. Again his choice. I'm not sure the reason he came but it's his choice.
Jason Neehoff are you kidding me. He and my boy were best friends in day care. He has always been a Mayfield boy. His mom moved around for a bit so it is possible that he moved to the county for a while.
Ian Sevic has been in Mayfield now for at least 5 years again of his own choosing.
Reece Wilson seriously, his dad was a lineman at MHS and wanted his son there.

Now six of these boys either don't even play or are playing only in very very limited rolls. So what is your complaint. You and I both know that GCHS halls are full of kids that went to Mayfield at some time. It is a small community and these kids move around. If you don't want your boys to come over make them want to stay.
This is more pervasive than just Graves County. I know on the elementary team Mayfield has players from Georgia, Louisiana, South America, and Asia. They have taken elementary football recruiting nationwide and appear to be going international. Rumors of new bikes and one rumor of a moped abound. Incidentally, no one on the roster is from Illinois, however I hear they're in the final stages of discussions with a 2nd grader from Texas who is supposed to be the next phenom, but whose mommie doesn't want him to play because it's too dangerous.:poker face::
mysonis55 Wrote:Now as to your list, here we go:
Marshall Bacon, already addressed above.
Kevin Caldwell may have been there briefly but I remember at least back as far as fifth grade he was here and his family was always Mayfield.
Jordan Harrison came over in 7th grade of his own doing. No one went after him. He has that right, like I said figure out the problem and fix it.
Sidney Herndon came here long ago, around 7th I think for soccer. He had two or more boys from his travel soccer team at Mayfield and he wanted to join them.
Kyle Hurt, are you kidding me. He has always been Mayfield. He lived in the city but was in that crazy area where it is considered county school dist. He started at Mayfield. He then went to Farmington. He got tired of coaches complaining about him hitting too hard and came back by at least 5th grade.
Lane, previously addressed above.
Kane McCord, I don't recall him being a Graves boy. Once again, his choice.
Davis Mills, previously addressed.
Keelan Murphy came over in 7th grade. Good kid. Again his choice. I'm not sure the reason he came but it's his choice.
Jason Neehoff are you kidding me. He and my boy were best friends in day care. He has always been a Mayfield boy. His mom moved around for a bit so it is possible that he moved to the county for a while.
Ian Sevic has been in Mayfield now for at least 5 years again of his own choosing.
Reece Wilson seriously, his dad was a lineman at MHS and wanted his son there.

Now six of these boys either don't even play or are playing only in very very limited rolls. So what is your complaint. You and I both know that GCHS halls are full of kids that went to Mayfield at some time. It is a small community and these kids move around. If you don't want your boys to come over make them want to stay.
I don't ever remember complaining. You are the one that got touchy over the issue. I was just stating where Mayfield gets players from, it isn't Illinois as mentioned above, it is from neighboring county school.
I don't blame football kids from wanting to go to Mayfield. They are a much better coached program and have great tradition. But not all the players are from within.
:ChairHit:
That is a known. But we hear the complaints from GCHS fans every year. It's not like our coaches are visiting the kids and begging them to come over. They make that choice. It just gets old. The kids see the success and they want to be a part of it.
I always thought it was the water Mayfield was drinking during games....:pondering:
The schools are about 2 miles apart, of course there is going to be some intermingling. There are strong ties to Mayfield's football program and many parents want their son's to play where they and their granddaddy played. There is nothing wrong with Graves but they don't seem to have the passion for football like Mayfield does.
Well said Killer.
mysonis55 Wrote:What, no response?

You have compiled now for about 3 days and 55 you have come with 64.s post and none of them say anything about Mayfield not being A good football program.... NOW LETS TRY ONE MORE TIME PUT UP OR SHUT UP.
Big Blue 09 Wrote:I don't ever remember complaining. You are the one that got touchy over the issue. I was just stating where Mayfield gets players from, it isn't Illinois as mentioned above, it is from neighboring county school.
I don't blame football kids from wanting to go to Mayfield. They are a much better coached program and have great tradition. But not all the players are from within.
:ChairHit:

This getting players is worse than I thought down at the greatest football team of all mankind, what you are saying is you get the best athletes from Graves County, that is fine with me, I think A kid should play for the school he want's,
Wrong answer Topnotch. I said you all do the same talk to all the other teams you just get offended when the team that owned you last year says anything. You said you didn't. I looked for 15 minutes and found several posts by 64 and the one by you inferring that your team was for sure headed back to BG. Which by the way is discrediting the rest of the east, which is exactly what you were getting after me for. I'm done playing that game. Besides, I can't wait another two days for you to get your wife to type another response.
I guess they were right after all. If I would have waited until today to post the thread, Murray would have been all the way down to #4.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:I know no such thing.. Murray may very well be the 3rd best 2a team this year.. They made it to the semi's last year and was the only team to knock off Caldwell Co.. They've looked solid thus far this year.. They just lost a close game to a 5A team that was ranked in the Top 10 to start the season. Surely, your not going to spout out NCC or Somerset? OB Cath just got taken to the woodshed? Danville, did, as well? Bardstown and CAL probably warrant being a little higher, maybe even Glasgow, but, even if they are behind those, they're still a solid 6-7 in the state and they'll be a tough matchup.

they are not #3 in 2A. friday night they will lose by a few scores and have a .500 record.
mysonis55 Wrote:I guess they were right after all. If I would have waited until today to post the thread, Murray would have been all the way down to #4.

BS @ 4 Confusednicker:
Please share some of that Whitley Co football knowledge and let us know why this is so crazy. You got a team with a huge line, a very athletic qb and a rb that is on a record pace. They also made it to the semis last year and have been in the quarter finals or semi finals in many years in a row. So please, tell us almighty Whitley Co Super Analizer, why not?